paula2987

Brazil travel ban : Does it affect GC holders?

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, paula2987 said:

I voted for bolsonaro, because the other candidate was from a side with comunist ideas that rules brazil in the last 15 years and destroyed the brazilian economy stealing all our money, the most corruption scandal in brazil history

this is why we voted for Bolsonaro

he has a smart mouth, but while media and TV attack him, the governors and mayors steal all the money......

Ok, well, on some levels I understand your predicament (the need to ditch corrupt politicians is univeral). However, I can't imagine you can be too proud of your choice now? I mean, this guy is a complete wack job. I listened to this guy before he was elected and thought he was bad for the Brazilian people (and I don't even have a vested interests in Brazil). No person (especially politicians) that eschews bigotry, hatred, racism and all such twisted inert views are ever transcended to great leaders (let alone good).

It is unfortunate (and truly sad on a monumental level because your leader's utter nuttiness is causing COVID-19 to genocide the indigenous, native Brazil tribes) and while I hope I am wrong, it appears your country's COVID-19 infection and death rate is going to surpass the good old US of A.

By the way...what will you (and your countrymen) do when you have allowed Bolsonaro to destroy your most precious resource -- the Amazon rain forest? What a world we live in today!

38 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

He doesn't have a smart mouth. He has a dirty mouth at best so don't glamorize his spiteful speeches. 

There were other half dozen candidates you people could have voted for if you didn't want the "communist party". Instead people chose a man who had over 30 years of political history with ZERO accomplishments to be their savior. 

Covid-19 is not the only virus ruining our lives.............  

And sorry, I know this is an immigration forum, but maybe we shouldn't leave politics out of it. So many things in immigration are political and if we can rant about how long USCIS takes to adjudicate petitions, we should also be able to rant about politicians ruining lives - of non-immigrants, immigrants and citizens alike.

"And sorry, I know this is an immigration forum, but maybe we shouldn't leave politics out of it. So many things in immigration are political and if we can rant about how long USCIS takes to adjudicate petitions, we should also be able to rant about politicians ruining lives - of non-immigrants, immigrants and citizens alike. " ... Thank you! Politics governs immigration. They are synonymous with each other. You can't discuss one without discussing the other. Period! We can however, be civil to others in our discussion of it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, WillSea said:

Does anyone know if this is likely to affect K1 visa holders?  My fiance lives in Rio and was supposed to arrive here on June 3rd.

Any information/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Will

It would appear that it does

YMMV

2 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Are K-1's exempt??

K-1 visas are subject to the Proclamation. This proclamation is written similar to the proclamations listed below;

Those in Brazil have to enter the US ASAP: "This proclamation is effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 28, 2020. This proclamation does not apply to persons aboard a flight scheduled to arrive in the United States that departed prior to 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 28, 2020." Once in effect, they'll have to go to a unrestricted country for 14 days before attempting US entry. Ela's success with that route:

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Brazil travel ban : Does it affect GC holders?
4 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

He doesn't have a smart mouth. He has a dirty mouth at best so don't glamorize his spiteful speeches. 

There were other half dozen candidates you people could have voted for if you didn't want the "communist party". Instead people chose a man who had over 30 years of political history with ZERO accomplishments to be their savior. 

Covid-19 is not the only virus ruining our lives.............  

And sorry, I know this is an immigration forum, but maybe we shouldn't leave politics out of it. So many things in immigration are political and if we can rant about how long USCIS takes to adjudicate petitions, we should also be able to rant about politicians ruining lives - of non-immigrants, immigrants and citizens alike.

I believe this was tried in the old days here. It never works out well. There are other places on the web to hash political things out.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, vincentlina said:

Well, his supports (at least some of them) are now reaping the consequences of their actions. Unfortunately so many other Brazilians (particularly, the poor) are also paying a heavy price for putting this psychopath in power. Honestly, as you can see here in the US, we are also doomed similarly for having done the same (100,000+ unnecessary and preventable loss of life). What a world we live in today!

You know the infection and mortality rate of coronavirus/COVID-19 in the US are the same as in western European countries...

Edited by Bjh

5 hours ago, vincentlina said:

Ok, well, on some levels I understand your predicament (the need to ditch corrupt politicians is univeral). However, I can't imagine you can be too proud of your choice now? I mean, this guy is a complete wack job. I listened to this guy before he was elected and thought he was bad for the Brazilian people (and I don't even have a vested interests in Brazil). No person (especially politicians) that eschews bigotry, hatred, racism and all such twisted inert views are ever transcended to great leaders (let alone good).

It is unfortunate (and truly sad on a monumental level because your leader's utter nuttiness is causing COVID-19 to genocide the indigenous, native Brazil tribes) and while I hope I am wrong, it appears your country's COVID-19 infection and death rate is going to surpass the good old US of A.

By the way...what will you (and your countrymen) do when you have allowed Bolsonaro to destroy your most precious resource -- the Amazon rain forest? What a world we live in today!

im not proud of voting on him....but in my opinion the other guy was worse.

anyway, there is no way to fix brazil, its a country very poor and totally corrupted in all levels.

Im Brazilian and I dont think Brazil will ever be a serious country 

I dont love countries, I love people!

Edited by paula2987

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, WillSea said:

Does anyone know if this is likely to affect K1 visa holders?  My fiance lives in Rio and was supposed to arrive here on June 3rd.

Any information/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Will

If possible have her change her ticket for the next day or two. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

23 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

I was wondering about those on AP. Any ideas based on previous bans from Europe, China, etc?

The proclamations are vague: "The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the Federative Republic of Brazil during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation." Do they count Parole entry as either IV or NIV? Per section 2, "spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident" is exempt. Otherwise, you can travel to an unrestricted country for 14 day stay before attempting entry to US to be safe.

The other proclamation that applies to "immigrants" clearly exempts AP holders: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-immigrants-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-economic-recovery-following-covid-19-outbreak/ So no worries with that proclamation.

Edited by HRQX

On 5/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, H&T said:

Effective date was amended: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/president-amendment-proclamation-president-may-24-2020/ "This proclamation is effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 26, 2020.  This proclamation does not apply to persons aboard a flight scheduled to arrive in the United States that departed prior to 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 26, 2020."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.