13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Yesterday I received a rfe for a photo passport. I only submitted copy of passports, marriage certificates and copy of citizenship, but not birth certificates. am wondering if I can send photos of my wife and I ( us together) and birth certificate in order to avoid further rfes . I asked many lawyers if can do that. they told me to only submit the requested information. I am only wondering if someone has submitted evidences that were not requested before. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did you include the passport photos in the package originally? You don't have a timeline, so I'm not sure where you are, but most petitions require at the minimum 2 US qualified Passport photos to be sent with the petition. I believe that is what they are looking for. ( The 2x2, white background, etc.)

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline

No. I did not send it originally. My case case is May 2019. Got transferred from Nebraska to tsc. Yes I know they ask me a photo passport. My question is can you send other documentation in order to this . 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Just send what they asked for. Why would USCIS send an RFE for your wife’s birth certificate when it’s not required for i130?

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
18 minutes ago, arken said:

Just send what they asked for. Why would USCIS send an RFE for your wife’s birth certificate when it’s not required for i130?

They did not ask for the birth certificate. They just ask for 1 photo passport.  I was just wondering if I have to send the birth certificate because I saw some people sending them. 

53 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Did you include the passport photos in the package originally? You don't have a timeline, so I'm not sure where you are, but most petitions require at the minimum 2 US qualified Passport photos to be sent with the petition. I believe that is what they are looking for. ( The 2x2, white background, etc.)

No. I did not send it originally. My case is May 2019. Got transferred from Nebraska to tsc. Yes I know they ask me a photo passport. My question is can you send other documentation in addition  to this . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Moussa diop said:

They did not ask for the birth certificate. They just ask for 1 photo passport.  I was just wondering if I have to send the birth certificate because I saw some people sending them. 

No. I did not send it originally. My case is May 2019. Got transferred from Nebraska to tsc. Yes I know they ask me a photo passport. My question is can you send other documentation in addition  to this . 

I have heard of other people sending extra, but I honestly don't think that is a good idea. IO is asking for a simple passport photo, if you send a stack of papers when he is expecting to open your envelope and a small 2x2 photo is all that is supposed to be in the envelope, he isn't going to be happy. This is a government employee doing a government job... Think robot.... Always do what they ask for, and that's it. Never elaborate, never give a life story, etc. They don't care. They are robots checking items off a list. I know that sounds harsh, but my many many years of dealing with just about every faucet of US government has taught me to be direct, simple, and don't go the extra mile. They don't care. At the most you might send 2 photos max, just in case one gets damaged or lost. Don't forget to write your name on the back, preferably with felt tip pen.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Moussa diop said:

Each case is different and requirements are different. You shouldn’t send the documents based on what others have sent.

USCIS does not ask for or need the BC of the spouse beneficiary for i130. For the USC petitioner it’s either birth certificate or passport or certificate proving the citizenship which you already provided. So you won’t get the RFE for BC. 

Spouse:

Myself:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

I have heard of other people sending extra, but I honestly don't think that is a good idea. IO is asking for a simple passport photo, if you send a stack of papers when he is expecting to open your envelope and a small 2x2 photo is all that is supposed to be in the envelope, he isn't going to be happy. This is a government employee doing a government job... Think robot.... Always do what they ask for, and that's it. Never elaborate, never give a life story, etc. They don't care. They are robots checking items off a list. I know that sounds harsh, but my many many years of dealing with just about every faucet of US government has taught me to be direct, simple, and don't go the extra mile. They don't care. At the most you might send 2 photos max, just in case one gets damaged or lost. Don't forget to write your name on the back, preferably with felt tip pen.

Ok I understand now. Thanks for your reply

Timeline
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Yes I understand better now. I just send them the passport photo. No additional stuffs. Thank you fo your advice 

Timeline
On 5/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, Loren Y said:

Good day. I have a question. My case is outside normal processing time. The priority date is May 16, 2019. Right now, tsc processing time is 5-7 months. I submitted My rfe last Friday. It is wise to contact a congressman to help speed up my case. It is almost 1 year since I filed my i130. Should I raise another E-request for outside normal processing times? Or should I just wait for them to process my case again. 

Timeline
On 5/8/2020 at 4:08 PM, arken said:

Each case is different and requirements are different. You shouldn’t send the documents based on what others have sent.

USCIS does not ask for or need the BC of the spouse beneficiary for i130. For the USC petitioner it’s either birth certificate or passport or certificate proving the citizenship which you already provided. So you won’t get the RFE for BC. 

Good day. I have a question. My case is outside normal processing time. The priority date is May 16, 2019. Right now, tsc processing time is 5-7 months. I submitted My rfe last Friday. It is wise to contact a congressman to help speed up my case. It is almost 1 year since I filed my i130. Should I raise another E-request for outside normal processing times? Or should I just wait for them to process my case again. 

Timeline

6 hours ago, Moussa diop said:

Good day. I have a question. My case is outside normal processing time. The priority date is May 16, 2019. Right now, tsc processing time is 5-7 months.

It doesn’t work that way. If your case is transferred from NSC to TSC after 12 months and if TSC has 5-7 months of processing time, your case will be out of normal processing time the day it arrives at TSC if you count that way. TSC won’t be working on your case the day it arrives there. Give some time per their processing time. Hopefully you will get the decision soon. You just submitted your RFE last friday. Wait for at least a month or teo.

Spouse:

Myself:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Moussa diop said:

They are looking at your case ar this moment.   Your case had an RFE because it was unapprovable.  As soon as they get the information,  they will render their decision 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.