J&S12

July Interview Dates Open for London

348 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
39 minutes ago, BC97 said:

How can your fiancée go to the US for 90 days? Haven’t they disallowed the use of ESTAs, regardless of whether or not you quarantine?

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding!

Haven’t heard anything about that or that you need to quarantine. So long as you have not been in one of the banned countries for the last two weeks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, remotercharm said:

Haven’t heard anything about that or that you need to quarantine. So long as you have not been in one of the banned countries for the last two weeks. 

I had a proper check and I think you’re right :) only concerns those that have been in the UK or another banned country for the past 14 days.

I just remember receiving an email regarding the ESTAs shortly after the travel ban started was all!

Timeline

London updated their website and unfortunately it is more just sit around and wait: https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

"The Department of State suspended routine visa services worldwide in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As global conditions evolve, U.S. Embassies and Consulates are beginning a phased resumption of routine visa services.

The resumption of routine visa services will occur on a post-by-post basis, in coordination with the Department’s Diplomacy Strong framework for safely returning our workforce to Department facilities. U.S. Embassies and Consulates have continued to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services since March and will continue to do so as they are able. As post-specific conditions improve, our missions will begin providing additional services, culminating eventually in a complete resumption of routine visa services.

We are unable to provide a specific date for when the U.S. Embassy in London or the Consulate in Belfast will resume specific visa services, or when they will return to processing at pre-Covid workload levels. The Consulate in Edinburgh does not conduct visa services or visa appointments. Please keep checking this webpage for information regarding operating status and any further updates.

When new appointment dates are available for booking, they will display through your appointment calendar within your Visa Appointment Service account. Please ensure that you monitor the email address that you used to register with the Visa Appointment Service, including the junk or spam folder, as that is how you will be contacted if it is necessary for your future appointment to be postponed."

45 minutes ago, Sarahbmalvin said:

London updated their website and unfortunately it is more just sit around and wait: https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

"The Department of State suspended routine visa services worldwide in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As global conditions evolve, U.S. Embassies and Consulates are beginning a phased resumption of routine visa services.

The resumption of routine visa services will occur on a post-by-post basis, in coordination with the Department’s Diplomacy Strong framework for safely returning our workforce to Department facilities. U.S. Embassies and Consulates have continued to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services since March and will continue to do so as they are able. As post-specific conditions improve, our missions will begin providing additional services, culminating eventually in a complete resumption of routine visa services.

We are unable to provide a specific date for when the U.S. Embassy in London or the Consulate in Belfast will resume specific visa services, or when they will return to processing at pre-Covid workload levels. The Consulate in Edinburgh does not conduct visa services or visa appointments. Please keep checking this webpage for information regarding operating status and any further updates.

When new appointment dates are available for booking, they will display through your appointment calendar within your Visa Appointment Service account. Please ensure that you monitor the email address that you used to register with the Visa Appointment Service, including the junk or spam folder, as that is how you will be contacted if it is necessary for your future appointment to be postponed."

🥺🥺

Trying to stay positive....this is definitely a step in the right direction rather than "sorry we are closed" but I also think given what low volumes London had previously of Immigrant and priority NIV visas, even if they don't get back to pre-covid workloads for a few months we may still see appointments before the winter! I don't think they are going to be a doing a lot of B visas right now, and the student visas are iffy because of that horrible ICE ruling

I darn well hope its before winter. Especially for us fiance's. We've changed the date of our wedding venue booking, caterer, photographer etc. 3 times already. We both aren't too keen on making it a fourth.

Exactly. I told my husband with all the bans in place London could clear the allowed visas within a couple of months.

maybe they are waiting for the magical 15th to pass. 

I’ll quite happily wear a mask to travel there and inside 

Timeline
On 7/14/2020 at 11:24 AM, Kimi31 said:

Exactly. I told my husband with all the bans in place London could clear the allowed visas within a couple of months.

maybe they are waiting for the magical 15th to pass. 

I’ll quite happily wear a mask to travel there and inside 

I'm sitting here scratching my head at what the 15th was supposed to represent since all it meant for the London Embassy was a reiteration of not being able to give a date when routine services will resume. This has been such a rollercoaster.

1 hour ago, mimi206 said:

Hello all 

Do I need to bring original petitioner doc for spouse visa interview? ( for example:-original  tax return, ,,,,,,)?? Thank you 

Copies of financials from petitioner are ok

originals of beneficiary civil docs are a must 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Well. The magical 15th has passed. 

Apparently Pompeo is visiting the UK and Denmark on either the 21st or the 24th to discuss coronavirus recovery plans. Maybe something will come out of that?

https://www.state.gov/secretary-pompeos-travel-to-the-uk-and-denmark/

19 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Well. The magical 15th has passed. 

It is such a joke that they updated the embassy website and all it says is they "are working on it"  and if your case has already left NVC and made it to the embassy  they might be able to schedule you an emergency appointment. Obviously nothing left NVC after March except for the expedites. I am glad that people with emergency circumstances are finally getting their appointments but if they can do that they can certainly start having routine "mission critical" interviews. I just feel like people in the middle of immigration processes have been totally forgotten about, unless they are being demonized. (I know complaining isn't productive but it feels good to rant now and again!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.