J&S12

July Interview Dates Open for London

348 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarahbmalvin said:

I think anyone getting an interview at this point is good news though because the sooner they get through phase 1 and the backlog, hopefully the sooner they can start another phase which could potentially include the K1s

Very true. Even though my NOA2 isn’t due for two months, I’m watching this carefully because the back log will make a difference to us. I hope you’re keeping well. 

Edited by Andrew@Michelle

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Andrew@Michelle said:

Very true. Even though my NOA2 isn’t due for two months, I’m watching this carefully because the back log will make a difference to us. I hope you’re keeping well. 

Thanks, you too! Good luck to you and your fiancee!

Guys I just got my appt in london

Sep 23rd scheduled via NVC

i Make the distinction because I requested expedite so I don’t know if London will allow it to happen sooner. So if I get an appt cancellation email from NVC I don’t panic right? Just means the expedited crossed in the processing 

Edited by Kimi31

10 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

Guys I just got my appt in london

Sep 23rd scheduled via NVC

i Make the distinction because I requested expedite so I don’t know if London will allow it to happen sooner. So if I get an appt cancellation email from NVC I don’t panic right? Just means the expedited crossed in the processing 

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you!  They might give you an earlier appointment if one becomes available when they open more slots-- they sent you the date right, you didn't pick it yourself from the calendar? 

7 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you!  They might give you an earlier appointment if one becomes available when they open more slots-- they sent you the date right, you didn't pick it yourself from the calendar? 

Yeah nvc sent me the date 

It has been very eye-opening reading about everyone's journeys! It is great to see the overall optimistic mindsets during this time. 

I'd love to toss in a relevant question if that is alright? :)

I started the IR-1 process for my wife earlier this yer and was stunned to have my I-130 approved within 45 days! The only catch? We need to move precisely in June 2022 and the last thing I want is for that 6-month "must-move" clock after the visa interview to begin soon. 

As we are at the NVC phase, I know that I can delay the DS-260 for up to a year which we intend to do. However, this still puts us a bit further out then would acceptable for the interview. 

So, in terms of the visa interview at the London consulate, can someone simply explain what are options would be for rescheduling a visa appointment? I know that for IR-1 visas, the applicant is auto-assigned a visa date; if this is cancelled/allowed to expire, is there an option to select a date or must it be another randomly-assigned date?

If anyone has the slightest insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

(P.S. - If anyone has any tricks for demonstrating petitioner domicile (as I live in the UK as the petitioner), I'd be eternally grateful!) 

Nebraska Service Center

London Consulate

I-130 Submitted: 16 April 2020

I-130 Approved: 02 June 2020

NVC Received: 02 June 2020

8 hours ago, addocap said:

(P.S. - If anyone has any tricks for demonstrating petitioner domicile (as I live in the UK as the petitioner), I'd be eternally grateful!) 

The UK is notoriously easy for this. We were not asked for any proof, in spite of both living in the UK. I've never heard it come up for the UK embassy either; it seems they feel filing for a spouse's visa is enough proof of the intent to re-establish domicile. 

Edited by Melc

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, hope you are all well and safe!

I just received my DQ from NVC and from my understanding, I need to wait for NVC to schedule my interview. Do you guys know the timeline of when will I receive the interview date? I have booked a trip to the US for christmas to visit my wife and I am a little worried it might overlap. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, F1990X said:

Hi Guys, hope you are all well and safe!

I just received my DQ from NVC and from my understanding, I need to wait for NVC to schedule my interview. Do you guys know the timeline of when will I receive the interview date? I have booked a trip to the US for christmas to visit my wife and I am a little worried it might overlap. 

Some May and June DQ’s got their November interview dates this week. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Some May and June DQ’s got their November interview dates this week. 

Wow. There is no reason they cannot schedule in some K1s that have been awaiting interview since January 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ermehgerdd said:

Wow. There is no reason they cannot schedule in some K1s that have been awaiting interview since January 

The reason is it’s a different visa, different process, and paused by presidential proclamations. 

Timeline

I thought K1 were supposed to start being processed again.  From what I understand a K1 visa recipient wont be able to work for quite a while. Correct me if I am wrong.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, LindaStewart said:

I thought K1 were supposed to start being processed again.  From what I understand a K1 visa recipient wont be able to work for quite a while. Correct me if I am wrong.

London has not resumed K1 processing. Current information is on their website and is updated when things change 
https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/#faq03

You are correct that K1s cannot work in the US until their EAD or AOS application is approved.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

London has not resumed K1 processing. Current information is on their website and is updated when things change 
https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/#faq03

You are correct that K1s cannot work in the US until their EAD or AOS application is approved.

I appreciate the link.  I guess my frustration is that  of many. These vague answers are really maddening. My fiance is 67, and he does not need to work when he gets here. I am 56, and I guess time feels like it is ticking faster for me.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.