Allovertheworld

American flying to Philippines

56 posts in this topic

Just now, payxibka said:

When dealing with covid, week old news gets stale fast

.https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/5/3/naia-commercial-passenger-flights-suspended.html

Now it does say temporary,  the unfortunate thing is the definition of temporary seems to be one that is constantly extended

I see we had a double post, and yes temp there can be constantly extended.

1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

I see they have suspended international flight starting  May 3rd for 7 days

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/5/3/naia-commercial-passenger-flights-suspended.html

Foreign nationals have not been allowed to enter the Philippines since March 22, if you arriving with your wife they will let you in otherwise you can't get in until they lift travel restrictions.  Hopefully soon they will change the immigration site but until then it will not matter flights or not they will not give you a visa.  

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/03_Mar/2020Mar20b_Press.pdf

Edited by Kby175

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, payxibka said:

MANILA, Philippines — Plans to travel abroad after the two-month enhanced community quarantine will have to wait until next year, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).

What would this mean for those currently waiting for K1 to process? Would they be required to re-submit I129f and start all over? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Solaris81 said:

What would this mean for those currently waiting for K1 to process? Would they be required to re-submit I129f and start all over? 

I don't know.   The consulate could theoretically reissue the visa after resubmission of any expired documents and a new medical up to one year after petition approval.   They might be able to make other accommodations as well.  This is brand new territory 

YMMV

Timeline
23 hours ago, payxibka said:

MANILA, Philippines — Plans to travel abroad after the two-month enhanced community quarantine will have to wait until next year, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).

If K1 Visa was approved after 2 months lockdown, soo i cant travel outside the country? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Carin Bulado said:

If K1 Visa was approved after 2 months lockdown, soo i cant travel outside the country? 

Depends.  This is all very fluid and changes almost every week.  You just need to wait and see. 

YMMV

The "bars" and "entertainment venues" will be the last things to return to normal. 

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

2 hours ago, boris64 said:

The "bars" and "entertainment venues" will be the last things to return to normal. 

Yeah my asawa just told me that she has a niece that was arrested yesterday and is currently in jail for breaking stay at home orders in order to gamble. They asked us to help pay the 34k peso and my wife said hell no

13 hours ago, boris64 said:

Seems that way, It's sad the people in Philippines have given up their freedom and I read they have now shut down the biggest TV Station in the country called ABS-CBN.

This is how you control people 101

11 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah my asawa just told me that she has a niece that was arrested yesterday and is currently in jail for breaking stay at home orders in order to gamble. They asked us to help pay the 34k peso and my wife said hell no

Is this how the local politician are making money, by arresting people and collecting fines?

Life has to continue there, you keep everyone home from work and soon you will see death from starvation

Timeline

If you are paying attention,  other than the region's still under ECQ, activity is starting to come back to life.  At least from an intra city or  intra island perspective.   Inter island movement is still not happening.   

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, TVC said:

This is scary.  My wife wants me to come to the Philippines to travel back to the USA with her and our kids. Now that might not be able to happen until 2021? That's very disappointing.

Yes, it's scary. My fiance and her two young kids are there waiting for my return so we can do medical and interviews. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.