Allovertheworld

American flying to Philippines

56 posts in this topic

What is your best guess when I can fly into Philippines. I also want to make sure things are open so I can enjoy myself there. I enjoy nightlife and need the bars and clubs to be open at night.

My original flight date was mid March of 2020 but a few days before I was to leave they imposed the flight ban for international flights. I rebooked for early June thinking this was a short issue and would be over soon, now I think June trip is going to be rebooked.  I also had booked a late August flight to Philippines many months before all the virus stuff started, and I am 50/50 on this trip happening. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Probably next year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

MANILA, Philippines — Plans to travel abroad after the two-month enhanced community quarantine will have to wait until next year, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).

YMMV

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Doubt it, The people can't take it, and it would start mass starvation and death in the country.  Last I heard is they handed out 3 kilos of rice per household and some sardines, in lieu of working for the past 45 days.

Difference between opening up the country to allow more normal intra island day to day movement compared to international travel which the majority of Filipinos cant do anyway 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

MANILA, Philippines — Plans to travel abroad after the two-month enhanced community quarantine will have to wait until next year, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).

I am more concerned about getting in to Philippines, as of now both my flights are still scheduled.  Not so much concerned about Philippines citizens leaving their country.

Sure hoping the malls and restaurants and bars and clubs open back up

Edited by Allovertheworld

15 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

I am more concerned about getting in to Philippines, as of now both my flights are still scheduled.  Not so much concerned about Philippines citizens leaving their country.

Sure hoping the malls and restaurants and bars and clubs open back up

There are a few officials in the Philippines talking about not allowing international travel for the rest of 2020.  It would be awful news I would like to see my wife and daughter for Christmas, we may have to wait until 2021. If they do open travel once you arrive you may go into a 14 day quarantine,  then when you travel to another island get put into another quarantine.  

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/187377/fwd-international-travel-might-not-yet-happen-within-the-year-puyat

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

I am seeing limited booking to PI from USA on American Airlines starting for the end of May. 

Well they just shutdown all commercial flights effective today 

YMMV

7 minutes ago, Kby175 said:

There are a few officials in the Philippines talking about not allowing international travel for the rest of 2020.  It would be awful news I would like to see my wife and daughter for Christmas, we may have to wait until 2021. If they do open travel once you arrive you may go into a 14 day quarantine,  then when you travel to another island get put into another quarantine.  

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/187377/fwd-international-travel-might-not-yet-happen-within-the-year-puyat

Lets hope they don't get that stupid over there

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Well they just shutdown all commercial flights effective today 

I thought most domestic flights were already down, Maybe doing some limited flights to get non PI citizens out of the Philippines.  But I have not really kept up with what's going on over there. Surprising my work has been stupid busy since all this stuff started in the USA.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

I thought most domestic flights were already down, Maybe doing some limited flights to get non PI citizens out of the Philippines.  But I have not really kept up with what's going on over there. Surprising my work has been stupid busy since all this stuff started in the USA.

Prior flight reductions were demand driven, not anymore.

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

When dealing with covid, week old news gets stale fast

.https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/5/3/naia-commercial-passenger-flights-suspended.html

Now it does say temporary,  the unfortunate thing is the definition of temporary seems to be one that is constantly extended

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.