Allovertheworld

American flying to Philippines

56 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Seems that way, It's sad the people in Philippines have given up their freedom and I read they have now shut down the biggest TV Station in the country called ABS-CBN.

This is how you control people 101

Did you read the part where that stain had failed to pay taxes and was given a grace period that they ignored.  We know a lot is political there but this one seems like there is enough blame to go around.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Did you read the part where that stain had failed to pay taxes and was given a grace period that they ignored.  We know a lot is political there but this one seems like there is enough blame to go around.

I haven't followed it, so no. I just know limiting ones information in a country isn't good thing, and in Philippines where they tend to believe anything they hear via chit chat or on TV.

7 hours ago, payxibka said:

If you are paying attention,  other than the region's still under ECQ, activity is starting to come back to life.  At least from an intra city or  intra island perspective.   Inter island movement is still not happening.   

Seems as if Davao and Manila are still under ECQ, I assume Cebu is as well.   Now they are saying in New York over 60% of the new cases are from people who have been lockdown and isolated.

So Davao/Manila/Cebu are the 3 most populated area in Philippines, so it looks as if the ECQ may have been a waste of time, as they are still getting cased in Philippines and appear to be rising.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Seems as if Davao and Manila are still under ECQ, I assume Cebu is as well.   Now they are saying in New York over 60% of the new cases are from people who have been lockdown and isolated.

So Davao/Manila/Cebu are the 3 most populated area in Philippines, so it looks as if the ECQ may have been a waste of time, as they are still getting cased in Philippines and appear to be rising.

It seems to me that the curve had been properly bent. A country of 100M people and less than 10k confirmed cases, seems like pretty effective containment.  The US would kill for those statistics. 

I can't speak for any other region other than cebu,  but part of cebu's problem was 1) it got into the city jail, 2) someone escaped from the hospital and contaminated a barangay and 3) a repatriated OFW broke quarantine.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

28 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It seems to me that the curve had been properly bent. A country of 100M people and less than 10k confirmed cases, seems like pretty effective containment.  The US would kill for those statistics. 

They are low compared to USA agreed, but the latest trend just show it going up like a rocket and not down or flattening.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/philippines/

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

They are low compared to USA agreed, but the latest trend just show it going up like a rocket and not down or flattening.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/philippines/

Rocket?  You need to look at the logarithmic not the linear.  If you want to see a rocket,  look at Russia 

YMMV

Timeline
5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I hear the politicians are stealing all they can steal right now, it not about safety there it's about the politicians filling their pockets.

Been in place long before covid 19

YMMV

22 hours ago, payxibka said:

Been in place long before covid 19

True, but now it's boom time for them.

Last I heard is international flights open tomorrow for OFW and Citizens and Diplomats.  Read an article from from a person from the department of tourism and they are discussing how to handle tourist when they decide to open flights back up, Maybe a 14 day quarantine or having to get medical clearance.  Which would rule out most people going there.

Edited by Allovertheworld

I have decided to blow off my June trip, which more than likely is dead in the water.  Will wait to see what happens in 3 months and worry about my August trip.

Since the Philippines economy will be in crash and in severe tail spin for a long time, I am hoping the peso rate will be up around 55 to 60 peso to US Dollar, which I think is good possibility.   

Duterte will stop talking about not allowing tourist in after this is over, they will sorely miss tourist revenue. And I bet you many expats are ready to get out of there as well.   Any foreign national thinking about moving to Philippines will probably look to Vietnam or Thailand instead since the food is better and technology is more modern and it can be cheaper than Philippines for a lot of things. 

5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Duterte will stop talking about not allowing tourist in after this is over, they will sorely miss tourist revenue. And I bet you many expats are ready to get out of there as well.   Any foreign national thinking about moving to Philippines will probably look to Vietnam or Thailand instead since the food is better and technology is more modern and it can be cheaper than Philippines for a lot of things. 

Absolutely.  They will need as much tourist money as possible.  I LOVE Vietnam.  I would move there for retirement in a heart beat and it is just a short plane flight to Manila.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/7/2020 at 4:08 PM, Allovertheworld said:

Keeping a steady count of new cases daily as they repatriate 10,000+ OFW from cruise ships, etc. is impressive. Seems like they are going to soon open up the NCR on a barangay by barangay basis. Let's hope that the embassy is in one that stays open.

2 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

Keeping a steady count of new cases daily as they repatriate 10,000+ OFW from cruise ships, etc. is impressive. Seems like they are going to soon open up the NCR on a barangay by barangay basis. Let's hope that the embassy is in one that stays open.

I am hearing they are talking keeping Manila shut down until June 15th, hopefully this won't spread to the provinces as well.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I have decided to blow off my June trip, which more than likely is dead in the water.  Will wait to see what happens in 3 months and worry about my August trip.

Since the Philippines economy will be in crash and in severe tail spin for a long time, I am hoping the peso rate will be up around 55 to 60 peso to US Dollar, which I think is good possibility.   

Unless something has changed recently,  Thailand is becoming ex-pat unfriendly 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.