Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Applying said:

You should have mentioned it. In New York state you can request your driving record for a small fee. I found all my traffic tickets over 25 years and itemized every single one on the n400 application ( I had about 7). Documentation is not required under $500 penalty. You're probably ok , but if you have anything over $500 that will be a big problem if they find out and you need to volunteer the documentation before they review your petition

all the tickets were under $500..do I still have to mention? What should I do now?i can get all my tickets from nj dmv fir $15. One more thing, 5 yrs information is enough or should I get all my driving record?

On 5/31/2020 at 11:12 AM, lntdenver said:

I think it depends on each local field office.  My 4 month estimate time is in Cleveland Ohio so there aren’t many people applying here - which is very understandable seeing the miserable winters and humid summers haha 

mine says 4 months as well. applied in New Mexico. Desert. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shaks said:

I do not anything more than 500 dollors..do I still have to mention? What should i do now?

Yes you have to mention everything. All tickets that are over $500 you need to upload the records for, that shows the crime and penalty. Anything under $500 just need to be mentioned. 

The problem for you isn't that you forgot to upload the records, because if it's under $500 you don't  have to (that's  my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong). The problem here is that you lied on the form. Where it specifically asked if you had been cited you lied and said you haven't. You should've clicked "yes" on that one, and then answered questions about the citation.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

3 hours ago, Shaks said:

I do not anything more than 500 dollors..do I still have to mention? What should i do now?

Yes, you still have to mention to be in the safe side. They are less than $500 but the instructions of N 400 says that if you have citation you should answer "Yes". I think it will be good for you to write an explanation why you did not select "Yes" in the form and that the minute you knew, you decided to explain this and mention all tickets and what you did about them. If you have receipts, attach them as well. I have read various situations with traffic tickets, and found that different officers have different reactions about tickets. Better do what you have to do and be in the safe side. If you are worried, ask a lawyer. There are many online sites that answer legal questions with no charge, or look for an organization in your community that helps immigrants with legal issues and preparation for naturalization free of charge.

Edited by Zaidba

4 hours ago, Shaks said:

all the tickets were under $500..do I still have to mention? What should I do now?i can get all my tickets from nj dmv fir $15. One more thing, 5 yrs information is enough or should I get all my driving record?

I had answered “no” on the form (for citations etc) but mentioned the tickets during my interview. The old tickets are not on my state driving record anymore. I downloaded my driving record without any tickets and took it to the interview but the officer didn’t want to see it. I was approved at the end of the interview. 

8 hours ago, volts said:

I had answered “no” on the form (for citations etc) but mentioned the tickets during my interview. The old tickets are not on my state driving record anymore. I downloaded my driving record without any tickets and took it to the interview but the officer didn’t want to see it. I was approved at the end of the interview. 

Thank you so much for the explanation. I am definitely going to say yes to the question in the interview and take all the ticket info along with payment receipts. Your response is really helpful

9 hours ago, Zaidba said:

Yes, you still have to mention to be in the safe side. They are less than $500 but the instructions of N 400 says that if you have citation you should answer "Yes". I think it will be good for you to write an explanation why you did not select "Yes" in the form and that the minute you knew, you decided to explain this and mention all tickets and what you did about them. If you have receipts, attach them as well. I have read various situations with traffic tickets, and found that different officers have different reactions about tickets. Better do what you have to do and be in the safe side. If you are worried, ask a lawyer. There are many online sites that answer legal questions with no charge, or look for an organization in your community that helps immigrants with legal issues and preparation for naturalization free of charge.

Thank you so much for the explanation. I am definitely going to say yes to the CITATION question in the interview and take all the ticket info along with payment receipts. I will ask the attorney then..

11 hours ago, Scandi said:

Yes you have to mention everything. All tickets that are over $500 you need to upload the records for, that shows the crime and penalty. Anything under $500 just need to be mentioned. 

The problem for you isn't that you forgot to upload the records, because if it's under $500 you don't  have to (that's  my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong). The problem here is that you lied on the form. Where it specifically asked if you had been cited you lied and said you haven't. You should've clicked "yes" on that one, and then answered questions about the citation.

Yes, I do understand that part. I clicked no because I never been arrested. I did not understand cited means traffic violations. I am definitely going to say yes to the question in the interview and take all the ticket info along with payment receipts. My question is should add this info online now? Should I correct that before the interview process? Thanks for the response..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, thongho2910 said:

anyone is counting down to June 4 like me? lol

I thought I was at New Year eve counting down 

I was until I read the local NY office probably won't open on June 4th. Now i'm just sad :(

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just checked my account to see if ANY update and it seems another month has been added to my case, making the estimated completion now February 2021 *sigh* 😞
I applied on May 6th and I understand offices are now playing catch up, but I'm a bit bummed out. Hopefully I'll be able to get my biometrics appointment and everything else done before the weather starts getting bad here in the Midwest, as I have to drive three hours across the state to where the federal building is located.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, magentahaze said:

Just checked my account to see if ANY update and it seems another month has been added to my case, making the estimated completion now February 2021 *sigh* 😞
I applied on May 6th and I understand offices are now playing catch up, but I'm a bit bummed out. Hopefully I'll be able to get my biometrics appointment and everything else done before the weather starts getting bad here in the Midwest, as I have to drive three hours across the state to where the federal building is located.

It looks like the January filers are starting to get interviews rescheduled for June the had been originally scheduled for April. So maybe we are looking at a 2 month delay? 

it is still a long ways until the winter but Maybe look into Megabus? That’s what I use when I don’t want to worry about road conditions.  

Also I am not sure but I think there are multiple trips - biometrics, interview, civics test, oath ceremony? Does anyone know how many times or if any of those are combined events? 

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, lntdenver said:

It looks like the January filers are starting to get interviews rescheduled for June the had been originally scheduled for April. So maybe we are looking at a 2 month delay? 

it is still a long ways until the winter but Maybe look into Megabus? That’s what I use when I don’t want to worry about road conditions.  

Also I am not sure but I think there are multiple trips - biometrics, interview, civics test, oath ceremony? Does anyone know how many times or if any of those are combined events? 

I realize there will be multiple trips for stages to be completed, I just worry that I'll have to be doing them when the weather is bad, that's all. With the consistency of the virus and how it's not going anywhere anytime soon, I wonder how they'll handle things going forward.

Just my anxiety kicking in. Today is actually a month since I applied

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wonder if there's any data on any reduction in filing during the pandemic. CNN mentioned 900,000 fewer petitions for 2019, compared to 2017 here.  But these are probably pre-pandemic stats. Just hoping that somehow help speed things up for those of us waiting - assuming USCIS staffing remains the same as fewer files will process faster then.

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.