1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 6/4/2021 at 4:57 PM, taximan683 said:

That's too bad. An officer called us about a week before the interview and told us that we needed another exam. In our case it was because ours was too old. At least they called us so we had a chance to get it. We actually had an appointment for the exam the same day he called. We almost decided not to do it before that, but since we got the call we knew we had to do it and spend the money.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:57 PM, taximan683 said:

That's too bad. An officer called us about a week before the interview and told us that we needed another exam. In our case it was because ours was too old. At least they called us so we had a chance to get it. We actually had an appointment for the exam the same day he called. We almost decided not to do it before that, but since we got the call we knew we had to do it and spend the money.

How old was your medical?  Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jeff and Mei said:

How old was your medical?  Thanks

We broke every time restraint as far as the medical exam goes. The medical was done in the Philippines in January 2019 (K-1 and K-2) and they entered the USA on July 7, 2019 just before the visa would expire. We got married September 2019 (again, just in time). We didn't file the i-485 until May 2020 (that's when it was accepted. We were trying since March 2020, but had a few rejections).

So, we didn't file the i-485 within 60 days of the physical exam - it was over a year; the exam was over one year old when we filed the i-485; and the exam was over two years old when we had the interview. I was pretty sure we needed another exam, although it didn't make sense to me since they had already lived in the USA for two years after the first exam.

We almost waited until the interview to find out, but AnneWolf replied to my post here on Visa Journey and told me about a clinic near us that would do the physical exams for less than $200 each (Some clinics quoted me a price over $500 each - so I didn't want to spend that on an exam that might not be needed). I made an appointment at the clinic AnneWolf told me about, and on the day we had the appointment an officer from USCIS called us to let us know we needed another exam. The doctor at the clinic told us we needed two additional vaccines to follow up on what they had in the Philippines (pneomoccocal for the child, and varicella for my wife). We got those done at Rite Aid on our insurance,  then returned to the clinic to get our sealed envelopes the day before the interview (Friday before the Memorial Day weekend).

The clinic is "John Medical Clinic" in Fullerton, CA. The doctor and staff are Korean and very helpful and quick to provide results.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I bought tickets to visit the Philippines in December. They asked for the "Green Card Number" for my wife and child in the passenger information section. Which number do they mean? There's the USCIS number on the front, a number at the top on the back, and several lines of numbers on the back across the bottom.

Timeline
On 6/4/2021 at 11:33 AM, pubborie said:

I had my interview yesterday for K1 AOS

The questions IO asked were very straightforward and not too many of them.

However, IO said she didn't see the medical exam that I had submitted at POE in the system and wanted me to do another medical exam.

This was a frustrating experience. 

Where do you find the details regarding what type of exam you need for the interview?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, we had our interview completed on June 21 and our case was approved on June 22, received the actual card in the mail last night! Thank you all for your advice and encouragement throughout the way and see you in about 2 years!

P.S. Does anyone have some insights/tips on how to best reach out to the local SSA to book an appointment to update SSN card info? Could never get through the phone line. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, Eg8835 said:

Hi all, we had our interview completed on June 21 and our case was approved on June 22, received the actual card in the mail last night! Thank you all for your advice and encouragement throughout the way and see you in about 2 years!

P.S. Does anyone have some insights/tips on how to best reach out to the local SSA to book an appointment to update SSN card info? Could never get through the phone line. Thanks!

Congrats!

I called my local SSA office (at 1-877-512-3849) for something else, i had a long wait time (about 20 mins) but someone finally picked up. 

Do you have to request an updated SSN card after you receive your green card? I thought it was automatically updated and sent to you.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:05 AM, Brklyn Belle said:

Congrats!

I called my local SSA office (at 1-877-512-3849) for something else, i had a long wait time (about 20 mins) but someone finally picked up. 

Do you have to request an updated SSN card after you receive your green card? I thought it was automatically updated and sent to you.

Hi thank you for your note! No I have a SSN card from my previous status but need to update the card information. Our local SSAs are only taking critical appointments and rarely answering the phone, but was finally able to book an appointment after stating the need to correct the SSN card info :).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Is there anybody still waiting for their interview to be scheduled?

We filed on May 4th 2020 and live in Austin but our field office is san antonio. 

Thank you 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi Everyone,

We filed on May 4th 2020 and live in Austin but our field office is san antonio. 

Thank you 

We are still waiting for an interview to be scheduled, we filed on May 5th 2020 and our field office is Seattle.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Ann0724 said:

We are still waiting for an interview to be scheduled, we filed on May 5th 2020 and our field office is Seattle.

Thank you for your answer, the time is getting long.. I called yesterday and the guy told me our case was in Baltimore at the NBC and that if I wanted I could possibly transfer it to the field office but a tier 2 has to call me back to do that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/2/2021 at 3:30 PM, Ally&Axel said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you 

We are not too far from you - we are in Dallas, filed May 6, 2020. We’re still waiting for an interview to be scheduled. :(

Timeline
1 hour ago, PatSquared said:

We are not too far from you - we are in Dallas, filed May 6, 2020. We’re still waiting for an interview to be scheduled. :(

Hang in there, we will eventually get it. I'm only bothered by the situation because I book a trip back to France in September and it would have been so much nicer to have a GC instead of using advance parole.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

Thank you for your answer, the time is getting long.. I called yesterday and the guy told me our case was in Baltimore at the NBC and that if I wanted I could possibly transfer it to the field office but a tier 2 has to call me back to do that.

:) Im just waiting since we just got married last year. Approaching our 2nd wedding anniversary that’s probably when I will submit an inquiry or keep on sending them msg in my USCIS account.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hang in there, we will eventually get it. I'm only bothered by the situation because I book a trip back to France in September and it would have been so much nicer to have a GC instead of using advance parole.

Agreed! My husband’s EAD expires at the end of next month. We filed for his renewal back in May, but still haven’t gotten it approved. We thankfully have the NOA letter that extends it automatically for 6 months, but it would be nice to just have the GC and not have to worry about this at all. Hoping we get positive updates soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.