1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 8/2/2021 at 4:30 PM, Ally&Axel said:

Hi Everyone,

Is there anybody still waiting for their interview to be scheduled?

We filed on May 4th 2020 and live in Austin but our field office is san antonio. 

Thank you 

Hi Everyone,

We filed on May 4th 2020 and live in Austin but our field office is san antonio. 

Thank you 

We have almost the same timeline.  Our field office is Montgomery Alabama.  Still waiting since May 2020.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 8/3/2021 at 3:05 PM, Ally&Axel said:

Thank you for your answer, the time is getting long.. I called yesterday and the guy told me our case was in Baltimore at the NBC and that if I wanted I could possibly transfer it to the field office but a tier 2 has to call me back to do that.

Who did you call?  What number?  Thanks

We are also waiting.  Packet was sent and received at the end of April 2020 and our Notice was marked May 7th 2020.  Only thing we have done since then was the biometrics back in August of 2020.  So here we are a year after that and still nothing... 

And to top it off my wifes work permit is also pending renewal so hopefully they get to that before it expires.  

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jeff and Mei said:

Who did you call?  What number?  Thanks

I called Uscis at 800 375 5283.

they called me back once with tier 2 and I missed the call and instead of calling back the closed the service request and sent me an email saying I had to call again. Problem is now I can’t even talk to them anymore.

Timeline
11 hours ago, TreverR said:

We are also waiting.  Packet was sent and received at the end of April 2020 and our Notice was marked May 7th 2020.  Only thing we have done since then was the biometrics back in August of 2020.  So here we are a year after that and still nothing... 

And to top it off my wifes work permit is also pending renewal so hopefully they get to that before it expires.  

I’m sorry to hear that.. 

I thought we could still work up to 6 months as long as we je filed for the ead renewal?

Timeline
1 minute ago, TreverR said:

Yes, luckily that is the case.  We did get the notice so it is extended for 180 days but at this rate I don't have much faith in them lol.  

Good, so you have to get the notice for the extension to work? Do you know if it typically goes a lot faster? Since they don’t have to take biometrics?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/10/2021 at 11:57 AM, TreverR said:

Hi @TreverR - when did your wife renew her work permit? My husband and I are also stuck waiting on our interview and his current work permit expires mid-September.

We filed for his renewal back in May 12 and have an IOE receipt number assigned to the case. From what I’ve read, cases with “IOE” receipt numbers typically process quickly (1-2 months) because they are done electronically… my husband’s case is pushing four months now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, PatSquared said:

Hi @TreverR - when did your wife renew her work permit? My husband and I are also stuck waiting on our interview and his current work permit expires mid-September.

We filed for his renewal back in May 12 and have an IOE receipt number assigned to the case. From what I’ve read, cases with “IOE” receipt numbers typically process quickly (1-2 months) because they are done electronically… my husband’s case is pushing four months now.

I'm in the same situation,I send my papers in April because my combo card will expire in the end of September. And I'm still waiting ,I even called uscis and they told me it can take 10months for the renew.

Basically I'm losing my job if they dont renew it till the end of next month .I'm so frustrated.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Raluca&Will said:

I'm in the same situation,I send my papers in April because my combo card will expire in the end of September. And I'm still waiting ,I even called uscis and they told me it can take 10months for the renew.

Basically I'm losing my job if they dont renew it till the end of next month .I'm so frustrated.

I’m so sorry to hear that! :( Do you happen to have a receipt number that starts with “IOE” as well? My husband and I have been following up with USCIS consistently and they told us the same thing - that it can take up to 10 months to process. Thankfully, his employer has been pretty lax about his immigration status and is willing to accept the NOA1 receipt as an extension for his card. We’re just worried about having to renew his drivers license at the DMV here in TX because the personnel are typically pretty ignorant about immigration matters. We’re afraid that they won’t accept his extension letter and won’t renew the license. My husband has to drive a lot for his job, so we’re really hoping to get the new, physical EAD card before his current one expires. :(

Do you think it’s worth reaching out to your senator or congressman about your case, especially since you’re at risk of losing your job? We went ahead and reached out to both our senator (Senator Cornyn) and our congressman (Collin Alred) and mentioned that we would like to inquire on both our I-485 and I-765 renewal. Both offices were very responsive and said that they would contact USCIS on our behalf. I’m honestly not sure if their intervention will reap any results, but we wanted to exhaust all of our options. I’ve read up on how some people have had success after contacting their representatives.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you 

I've been stuck on biometrics since Jan. 2021, but yesterday I checked my USCIS profile and it changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview." I don't know how long that will take but we're going to renew the I-765 just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

May 2020 filer here! I got my EAD in Feb 2021 and have been scheduled for interview since my biometrics at the beginning of Dev 2020. Been waiting for my green card interview. Got a letter today saying my interview is Sept 22. I am at the Houston office. 

Wondering what I should take with my to interview and whether I will need another medical exam report? I submitted by medical back in July 2019. The letter I received didn't say anything about it? 

So far I am thinking of taking: 

- photos

- lease docs (in both our names)

- bank docs (in both our names)

- tax docs (in both our names)

- insurance docs (health and life in both our names) 

Do you think that will be enough? Because of covid we have very few photos as we haven't gone on holidays, etc. I also only got my SSN a few months ago so I only got onto my husband's bank accounts recently. 

Thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone who is waiting! I know it can really make you feel despair as you exist in limbo. 

On 8/18/2021 at 3:02 PM, PatSquared said:

We applied in May as well. We are in the DC office  jurisdiction.  Still waiting and now getting more anxious as my wife's drivers license expires November 6th.  Not sure what to do at this point.  Really hoping that the permit comes in soon.  

Timeline
22 hours ago, TreverR said:

We applied in May as well. We are in the DC office  jurisdiction.  Still waiting and now getting more anxious as my wife's drivers license expires November 6th.  Not sure what to do at this point.  Really hoping that the permit comes in soon.  

My husband’s work permits expires in 2 weeks and still no new card in sight or any updates! So frustrating. Our field office is Dallas, TX. 

We’re just grateful that his employer is very understanding and is willing to accept the NOA extension letter as proof for him to continue working; but we’re also concerned about his drivers license. He has an appointment at the DMV to renew it next week and we’re really hoping they accept his NOA. You never know what you’re going to get with DMV personnel. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.