1,612 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PhoenixNiro said:

We had our interview yesterday in Detroit. They said we should have an update in a few weeks. Status check this morning (following email notice) showed that they approved the Green Card yesterday and it's now being produced!!! Two-year card for us as we are married just under 2 years. Woo woo!!! Soooo happy!!! Looking to hear good news from the rest of you...hang tight!!! :joy:(L)

Very good, be sure to make copies of it when you get it.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Aaaaand we're done. My Green Card was delivered yesterday. See you all in 2 years for ROC!

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Green Card arrived today (AOS approved 5/14/2021)! Will be filing to remove conditions 90 days before expiry in about 2 years! We made it!!!  :joy:(L)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
3 hours ago, trio said:

Hello! 
I need your guys advice. I filed last 05-05-2020, but I still haven’t gotten an update since Aug, I think. I’m panicking right now thinking about it lol 😂 is it because of covid? 

172A923B-5480-4968-A941-116291E93C97.jpeg

I feel the same way. My husband PD 5/4/2020 and our last update was that same one on august 4, 2020. I try not to let it stress me out and make me worry but definitely hard when others who filed months after are getting movement.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 5/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, Brklyn Belle said:

Hi! Has anyone successfully completed the EAD renewal process? I am going to submit my renewal at the end of this month and just wanted to be sure I am doing it correctly.  Did you submit the I-765 again and provided the same documentation you provided for the initial application?  Also, did you pay a fee? Thanks in advance.

We didnt pay a fee and sent over the packet with the attachment that came with our ead that said to include. They received it 4/23 still waiting on receipt notice which has me a little stressed out. But says that they can be delayed🤷🏼‍♀️

Timeline
On 5/28/2021 at 8:14 AM, Leonardo107 said:

We didnt pay a fee and sent over the packet with the attachment that came with our ead that said to include. They received it 4/23 still waiting on receipt notice which has me a little stressed out. But says that they can be delayed🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you!! We actually just received our interview notice. So I am going to hold off on renewing. 

i am glad everybody is getting their GC lately.

We been to interview last Wednesday in Orlando Florida, everything went great,the officer told us that threy will run the background check and if they need anything else we gonna receive a letter in mail...A week passed and no updates neither online neither in mail...Anybody experienced this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I filed in April but PD 05/04/2020. I completed a biometrics appointment back in November 2020. My EAD expires in November 2021.  My questions are:

• What should I do to expedite my i-485 application processing?
  • Is there a way to submit an extension for my EAD?

On 6/22/2020 at 5:53 AM, Faith2020 said:

I just don’t understand how as a widow I-360 self pétitionner I have to include I-944 without I-864.

1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

Do you know any documents I should bring to my interview which is in a few days or what type of questions I should expect ?

Do you have a completed Form I-864W? https://www.uscis.gov/i-864w

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/03/15/2021-05357/inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds-implementation-of-vacatur "Certain classes of immigrants are exempt from the Form I-864 requirement and therefore must file Form I-864W instead"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Do you have a completed Form I-864W? https://www.uscis.gov/i-864w

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/03/15/2021-05357/inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds-implementation-of-vacatur "Certain classes of immigrants are exempt from the Form I-864 requirement and therefore must file Form I-864W instead"

Yes, I did all that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, pubborie said:

I had my interview yesterday for K1 AOS

The questions IO asked were very straightforward and not too many of them.

However, IO said she didn't see the medical exam that I had submitted at POE in the system and wanted me to do another medical exam.

This was a frustrating experience. 

That's too bad. An officer called us about a week before the interview and told us that we needed another exam. In our case it was because ours was too old. At least they called us so we had a chance to get it. We actually had an appointment for the exam the same day he called. We almost decided not to do it before that, but since we got the call we knew we had to do it and spend the money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Green cards have been mailed per the USCIS website. Interview was the 1st of June and today, June 4th, the green cards are on the way for K-1 and K-2!

We had the interview in Santa Ana, CA at the Federal building. We entered the building right on time. We went through a metal detector to enter the building - had to take off my belt, but not my shoes. The guards at the entrance were friendly and checked our IDs (my driver's license and my wife's CA ID) and had us answer some Covid questions (are you sick, etc.). We were directed by arrows on the floor to a window to turn in our paperwork, then we waited a couple minutes before they told us to go up to the second floor to another waiting room. There were about 15 people waiting for interviews, a couple of them had lawyers. The interviews were for naturalization as well as AOS. We waited maybe an hour before we were called in to an office. I gave the agent our passports, paperwork and medical exam sealed envelopes. I gave him originals and copies and asked for the originals back. He gave them back right away. He looked through our papers and went through the i-485 and asked my wife (K-1) a lot of the questions in a general way, he asked for her parent's names and where they lived. He did ask the date she entered the country with our K-2, and both their birthdates. He addressed most of these questions to my wife. He asked how we met, what does our K-2 call me, the date I asked her to marry me, and the date we met, etc. I had filled out a new i-864 just in case with my tax returns and pay check stubs - he looked at it, but didn't comment much so I don't know if it was necessary. It was pretty easy, and I'm glad my wife memorized all those dates beforehand. At the end, it was about 15 minutes, he said he's review the medical information then they'd let us know the results through the mail. I checked the website an hour later and we were approved.

It wasn't difficult. I was thinking "What are they going to do if our interview is terrible? My wife has been here in the USA for just about two years waiting for this. I wonder if they actually ever send someone back to their home country?" Of course, it would be terrible if they rejected you and required you to start over or something.

I will say that I overheard some others at the entrance talking to agents, and you had better be on time. They will turn you away if you are not there at the appointed time with whatever documents are required. I suppose that would create quite a delay. They gave one lady a chance to fill out a form in the waiting area, but her lawyer had to talk to the agent to give her that chance.

All done for 21 months now. Feels good!

Edited by taximan683

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.