1,612 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

How do you go about contacting your congressman, and what did you ask them, exactly?  I have been in "ready to schedule interview" since Oct 8th.  Thanks and congrats on getting your interview date!!

I looked online for who my congressman was,  then I found the office and an email address.  I just wrote explaining my situation and how long I been waiting and the distress it was causing me.  And a representative from his office responded within hours.  She emailed me and she called me and she sent me privacy release forms to sign and send back and then she took it from there.  That was it and thank you, hope you get yours soon too 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, mlong1397 said:

I didn't have to prove financial loss other than just saying it. Just attached a copy of his (husband is beneficiary) coding school acceptance letter. I explained in the cover letter that Codeup has a perfect employment rate post graduation and that delaying his enrollment would delay when he could get a job. That's about it. You can check my timeline to see all the dates. It was approved and should be arriving in the next couple days.

Congratulations on getting it approved, great to here people are having success!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/11/2021 at 7:57 PM, Jandev said:

I looked online for who my congressman was,  then I found the office and an email address.  I just wrote explaining my situation and how long I been waiting and the distress it was causing me.  And a representative from his office responded within hours.  She emailed me and she called me and she sent me privacy release forms to sign and send back and then she took it from there.  That was it and thank you, hope you get yours soon too 

Thanks! I did that too, congressman rep called me and I provided all the details, she made a USCIS inquiry on my behalf. Waiting to hear back now. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/16/2021 at 4:08 PM, Thrillhouse said:

Interview is the morning of Feb 18th! Time to start getting paperwork together (which should take all of 5 minutes, heh).

My interview is Feb 18th too!!Bio done Jan 7th!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Finally got biometrics appointment , after 8+ months 🥲

Woohoo!!! About time!!! Congrats!!!

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, PhoenixNiro said:

Woohoo!!! About time!!! Congrats!!!

Ty Ty☺️ , feels like i won a million dollar lottery lol 

Edited by JACKP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife received her combo card in October 2020, and we did the biometrics back in August 2020 for her and our toddler (K2). Our problem is that we have not gotten either the EAD or AP for our toddler. We filed the 131 and 765 with the 485 - same as my wife's. I put in an inquiry in December about the EAD, but no response (expect a response by Jan 7 - they said in the email). We need a social security number for filing taxes this year. I'm wondering if we'll have to apply for an ITIN to file our taxes. I filed joint with my wife last year (she got a SS# in the mail right after combo card), they've been in the USA for a year and a half now, but the toddler was just short a few days in 2019 of being considered for child tax credit, etc. Now, our toddler qualifies, so I need a number to put on our tax form. Does anyone know what we should do? We'll try to call tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic. I'm not even sure if she (toddler) qualifies for an ITIN. I think she does until we get an approval for the EAD.

33 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Status changed to Interview scheduled !

image.png.d655c66d88f7f3357a83a2b9db8ced70.png

That's  great! The notice should arrive soon.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, JACKP said:

Congrats! That is AMAZING!!! Looking forward to getting the same news soon :-)

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 hours ago, JACKP said:

Congratulations 🎈🎈👏!!!! That's great news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.