1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
9 hours ago, Smoothsquash said:

Any May filers still waiting for biometrics appointment or is it just me? Tried everything (multiple service requests, tier 2 agent requests, ombudsman request, representative request), nothing seems to work. PD is 5/12. 

My pd May 15th 2020. Biometric is tomorrow (1/7/21)I hope and wish everyone else's get your cases progress soon!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, PhoenixNiro said:

Exciting news! Biometrics appointment letter arrived today from NBC dated 12/12/2020 (our PD of 5/27/20)and appointment is for this Friday (1/8/2021)!!! Thankfully we got it before the appointment at the Detroit office. Hang tight May filers....it's coming! Not sure if all the calls and multiple service requests helped 😉 Finally we are making some progress!!!

Mine was also dated 12/12/20, which I find interesting -- Dec 12th was a Saturday. Is somebody working overtime down there?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Jandev said:

Good day everyone I have great news I got my notice for my i485 interview today it will be on feb 2nd.  I filed on 5/1/2020 but it wasn’t logged as received until 5/21/2020 my biometrics was 10/14.  Good luck everyone 

Congratulations! What field office? 

Timeline

I just got notice that I'm now in "Testing and Interview" status for my I-485, so I guess we'll see if I get an actual date anytime soon! 

I'm really surprised that it updated only 3 days after my biometrics were finally done.

Edited by Thrillhouse

2 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

I just got notice that I'm now in "Testing and Interview" status for my I-485, so I guess we'll see if I get an actual date anytime soon! 

I'm really surprised that it updated only 3 days after my biometrics were finally done.

Mine was at a standstill after biometrics had to contact my congressman.  That’s when it started moving again.  So I hope you have better luck than me

Timeline
13 hours ago, Jandev said:

Mine was at a standstill after biometrics had to contact my congressman.  That’s when it started moving again.  So I hope you have better luck than me

To clarify, what stage were you stalled at: the "Fingerprints have been taken" status and you were waiting for the interview, or the "Interview is being scheduled" stage, but never given a date?

3 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

To clarify, what stage were you stalled at: the "Fingerprints have been taken" status and you were waiting for the interview, or the "Interview is being scheduled" stage, but never given a date?

I was stalled at interview is being scheduled for the i485 but I was also stalled at finger prints taken for the i765.  In fact that’s still what my i765 is saying as I never got the EAD.  I contact my Congress and in no time I was given a date so I stopped stressing over the i765 and just focusing on getting the i485 now that I have my date.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, Jandev said:

I was stalled at interview is being scheduled for the i485 but I was also stalled at finger prints taken for the i765.  In fact that’s still what my i765 is saying as I never got the EAD.  I contact my Congress and in no time I was given a date so I stopped stressing over the i765 and just focusing on getting the i485 now that I have my date.  

Did you contact your representative first or the congressman directly? I contacted my representative first but haven't heard back a thing. 

Timeline
On 1/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, Jandev said:

How do you go about contacting your congressman, and what did you ask them, exactly?  I have been in "ready to schedule interview" since Oct 8th.  Thanks and congrats on getting your interview date!!

Timeline

Got a notification this morning that an interview's been scheduled! Guess I'll have to see what date I get when the notification comes in the mail.

Absolutely no word from anything for 8 months, then boom-boom-boom, interview scheduled. This process is so bizarre sometimes ... 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi May Filers,

Thought I'd check with you guys as it look like you have had more movement than us June filers: 

Have any of you had success with submitting an expedite request for your EAD?

I finally had my biometrics appointment last Tuesday and it's a relief to finally see some movement after being unable to work for the past 5+ months! Getting ready to submit an expedite request for my EAD so looking for some advise from anyone that has had success:

1. What did you submit as evidence? I have a job offer that's being finalized so will be able to provide that. Did you also need to provide evidence of financial loss? I haven't been able to work since July, so I can show evidence of having to take money out of my savings but was wondering if there was anything else people have provided? Did anyone estimate the income that they would have received had they been able to work over the past months?

2. What did you include in your cover letter? Just trying to work out how much detail needs to be include?

Any help/advise would be very much appreciated!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
33 minutes ago, London88 said:

Hi May Filers,

Thought I'd check with you guys as it look like you have had more movement than us June filers: 

Have any of you had success with submitting an expedite request for your EAD?

I finally had my biometrics appointment last Tuesday and it's a relief to finally see some movement after being unable to work for the past 5+ months! Getting ready to submit an expedite request for my EAD so looking for some advise from anyone that has had success:

1. What did you submit as evidence? I have a job offer that's being finalized so will be able to provide that. Did you also need to provide evidence of financial loss? I haven't been able to work since July, so I can show evidence of having to take money out of my savings but was wondering if there was anything else people have provided? Did anyone estimate the income that they would have received had they been able to work over the past months?

2. What did you include in your cover letter? Just trying to work out how much detail needs to be include?

Any help/advise would be very much appreciated!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I didn't have to prove financial loss other than just saying it. Just attached a copy of his (husband is beneficiary) coding school acceptance letter. I explained in the cover letter that Codeup has a perfect employment rate post graduation and that delaying his enrollment would delay when he could get a job. That's about it. You can check my timeline to see all the dates. It was approved and should be arriving in the next couple days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.