1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

I made a request yesterday as well. I haven’t received any email. I checked earlier today and I got the same message as you, except my I-131 says case received. Therefore I was wondering if I should also make an expedite for I-131 or it comes automatically together with I-765. 

also, I think it’s a good sign in your case. They will surely approve your I-765. Please keep us updated. 

Well I can tell you that I thought too that Expediting the case with make BIO come sooner. But guess what , i got the same response as usual.

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Your Case Status: Decision

On November 19, 2020, we denied your request for expedited processing of your I131, APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT, Receipt Number MSC2091221523. We do not believe, based on a review of your request, that your case meets one or more of the expedite criteria and otherwise merits expedited processing. We review all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis, and we grant them at the discretion of the director. 

Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

Our records indicate that we are awaiting your appearance for biometric processing. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics.  Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local ASC. Once you have been scheduled, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice containing the date, time and location of your appointment.  You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment.

😅 . If you have the BIOMETRICS IN then I think you will get it together.

Edited by JACKP

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, JACKP said:

Well I can tell you that I thought too that Expediting the case with make BIO come sooner. But guess what , i got the same response as usual.

😅 . If you have the BIOMETRICS IN then I think you will get it together.

😱waaaaw.  Yes, I already have biometrics in. But what evidences did you send them in order for them to deny your case? I keep reading approval on here. Also I heard I-131 doesn’t require biometrics. 

May filers for ASC in MILWAUKEE, WI: Have you received biometrics appointment? When?

Just wanting to know where our office is right now. The last person that I know to get a biometric appointment was April filer (in october).

THANKS!

Timeline
11 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

😱waaaaw.  Yes, I already have biometrics in. But what evidences did you send them in order for them to deny your case? I keep reading approval on here. Also I heard I-131 doesn’t require biometrics. 

They didn't even ask for the evidence , straight away reject cos of absent BIO. I heard that too that i-131 doesn't require BIO , surprised to see the response that infact they do!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, JACKP said:

They didn't even ask for the evidence , straight away reject cos of absent BIO. I heard that too that i-131 doesn't require BIO , surprised to see the response that infact they do!

Yes, because what they said on your denied notice is stating the evidences you provided that’s why I was a little confused 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

That's a bummer they didn't try to schedule you instead.. I called yesterday to inquire about the expedited request in put in over a week ago and the guy told me it was refused for absence of biometrics but instead they scheduled me for an appointment. When I received to answer to the letter yesterday the appointment notice was in there too.

The guy I talked to told me that most time they will just refuse the expedited ead but apparently what you could do is ask to expedite your biometrics appointment. He was going to do that for me before he saw that I was scheduled.

I hope it helps. I called early in the morning and repeated twice that I needed technical assistance ( I think the second time it asked me if I was "facing a technical problem" to which I replied yes). I was transferred right away with no wait.

Good luck to you 🤞

The exhaustion is real: After contacting a congressman a month ago, filing multiple service requests, trying to expedite the case and trying to schedule a call with a Tier 2 for the biometrics appointment, I finally received a mail today stating:

USCIS systems indicate that we created and mailed you an Application Support Center (ASC) Appointment Notice. You may also view and print a copy of your USCIS ASC Appointment Notice within your USCIS online filing system account. After you log in to your USCIS online filing system account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS.

I haven't been able to download or find that appointment notice online, but I hope that it will be arriving in the mail soon. Do not let me down USPS 😒!

(ASC Atlanta, AOS/EAD/AP filed 05/11)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally, yesterday I got my biometrics appointment notice. The appointment is on 12/21. Los Angeles ASC. Priority day is May 12, 2020.

I only got an appointment for I-485 and I-765, but not for I-131. Has anybody asked to get biometrics for the missing form presenting the I-797C for the given form?

03/04/2020 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-944/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

03/05/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

04/20/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

05/04/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

05/14/2020 -- Checks cashed. Case numbers received (4 SMS)

05/19/2020 -- NOA1 Hard copies received

12/03/2020 -- Biometrics appointment notice received (Appointment on 12/21)

12/21/2020 -- Biometrics appointment

02/25/2021 -- I-765 New Card Is Being Produced

10/07/2021 -- I-765 & I-131 Renewal Package received by USCIS

02/23/2022 -- I-485 Interview was scheduled 

Timeline
1 hour ago, laxtn said:

Finally, yesterday I got my biometrics appointment notice. The appointment is on 12/21. Los Angeles ASC. Priority day is May 12, 2020.

I only got an appointment for I-485 and I-765, but not for I-131. Has anybody asked to get biometrics for the missing form presenting the I-797C for the given form?

Congratulations. There’s no biometrics for I-131 just I-485 and I-765. 

Timeline

Any one aware of the e-request created by Tier 2 officer that starts with WKD*******MSC. And the email that confirms the service says SRMT Referral in Subject?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/1/2020 at 6:54 PM, Joliec said:

Just sharing my experience!

I had my interview done on 25th, only I did the interview, and the interviewer just asked for my passport and EAD, that’s it. She didn’t ask for any other documents that I brought.
After checking my passport and EAD, she basically just went through my I-485 info. The whole interview was just for 15-20mins, then I signed my name on the form and found out new card is being produced 30mins after we left the building. 

From my experience, the whole process went really fast after I completed my biometric. 

Wish everyone luck! 

Hi @Joliec

Congratulations on getting your GC in 7  months! Did you guys make any inquiries re the status of you I-485 or you basically just waited for the Interview notice in the mail? Also, how was it that they only interviewed one person?  Did they specify it in the letter that only the applicant will need to come in for the interview,  and not you and your spouse?

Thanks!

Timeline
On 11/23/2020 at 2:37 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Oh that's great news, I suspect this will be it and your card will be here shortly. You didn't by any chance ask him for the number did you?

Hi @Sarge2155 - finally received my SS card in the mail today.

Just for clarification, when it says " Valid for work only with DHS Authorization" is it the same as having the EAD?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, LaiQ said:

Hi @Sarge2155 - finally received my SS card in the mail today.

Just for clarification, when it says " Valid for work only with DHS Authorization" is it the same as having the EAD?

Thanks!

Yes; the EAD is DHS Authorization (so is a green card, but at that point you can get your SS card updated to remove the language).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
6 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Yes; the EAD is DHS Authorization (so is a green card, but at that point you can get your SS card updated to remove the language).

@DaveAndAnastasia Thanks for the clarification. I will remember to do that when I finally have the GC.

For now, I'm hoping to receive our Interview appointment notice in the mail. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.