1,215 posts in this topic

Guys this is just my theory on why those who filed on April get DQed first than those  who submitted earlier.

Maybe the reason why those cases which were given NVC case # the very next day after NOA2 get DQed faster is maybe because those cases have transitioned to full electronic processing. Just like the IOEs with the USCIS. We've seen IOE cases that we're filed in Jan-Mar 2020 that got approved this month. They're so lucky and,

it's crazy how long we waited for our NOA2. 

But that's just my theory. Anybody here who waited the usual 4-6 weeks for case # but DQed faster than the normal processing? 

24 minutes ago, USAUAinCZ said:

My i-130 was approved for my CR1 2 weeks ago and I still don't have any update from the NVC. How are they supposed to contact me, via e-mail?

At this point, I think it's best to call NVC to check on case status and if they tell you to still wait, then you wait. Now a days, the NVC Welcome letter is taking a day to a couple of days to receive via email unless it's one of the old cases. You have nothing to lose should you call them...Please call NVC.

Edited by Lolonyo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HKS said:

I'm happy for you, but #######!! 

I cannot even believe it! We submitted all our documents yesterday at 4:30pm ET, and got our DQ this morning around 9:30am ET! Our I-130 process went super quickly too, I cannot even believe this is real life, I have never been happier! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
16 minutes ago, knmuffin said:

I cannot even believe it! We submitted all our documents yesterday at 4:30pm ET, and got our DQ this morning around 9:30am ET! Our I-130 process went super quickly too, I cannot even believe this is real life, I have never been happier! 

OMG congrats! I just submitted last week but now I'm going to be obsessively checking my account and email daily just in case I'm lucky too! 

12 minutes ago, knmuffin said:

PD is February 19th, 2020. Waiting on Accra embassy! 

Oops sorry I should have seen it in your profile picture 🤦‍♀️

Really, congratulations. I have absolutely no idea what NVC is doing or how they are processing these. Maybe it's by PD? I think they're all speculations at this point. In any case, hope you enjoy your day. Much to be celebrated. 

I have a general question. Any input is appreciated. 

My husband has had an ESTA since before our marriage. He has recently been laid off here and it's slowly becoming impossible for us to maintain two households across two continents. As a result, I wonder:

1. Can he come to the US with his ESTA? As I understand it, the Schengen area travel restrictions DO NOT apply to spouses of US citizens? Meaning, he would not need a 14 day period to enter the US? Is that correct?

2. Is there any possibility of him coming in with an ESTA and waiting with me in the US until the embassy called him for an interview in Spain? We understand he wouldn't be able to drive, work, etc. in the US but that's okay. Our main concern is saving our home in the US from foreclosure, which may happen if we need to keep paying a second apartment in Spain.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, JC&PB said:

We also submitted on Feb 28 and nothing. We received an email from them last week that they opened our case but they can’t review it because we didn’t submit everything whereas they accepted all documents on December and they’re only asking for W2 which we submitted on Feb so we got confused.

We called them and they said ignore the email and message as it is a system error. 

And everytime we asked about our case, they always say they’re still reviewing Feb 14 and no access to cases submitted on later dates. 

Seriously what is wrong with these people? I am soo sick and tired of this.

We had to submit w2 only and did so since march 27. Wow.

15 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

Oops sorry I should have seen it in your profile picture 🤦‍♀️

Really, congratulations. I have absolutely no idea what NVC is doing or how they are processing these. Maybe it's by PD? I think they're all speculations at this point. In any case, hope you enjoy your day. Much to be celebrated. 

I don't think it's by pd either cause ours is march and I've seen people after get approved.

2 hours ago, USAUAinCZ said:

My i-130 was approved for my CR1 2 weeks ago and I still don't have any update from the NVC. How are they supposed to contact me, via e-mail?

I only ask because even though I had an USCIS account with my e-mail and I included it on my initial application everytime I called the uscis they always told me they had no recorded e-mail on record. Should I just be calling NVC to see if I have a case number or should I wait a little longer to see if they do in fact have my e-mail as I already had an account with uscis and asked the service reps to add it to my file every time I spoke with them.

After 2 weeks, I called NVC and they provided me with the case #.  I went with a lawyer so I didn't receive any letter from NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.