Chrissyb455

K1 Visas are NOT exempted from the April 2020 immigration suspension

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Chrissyb455 said:

Do you know if the Consulate is referring to the most recent EO on the labor market? Or is it referring to the Europe ban EO? I noticed the response was from the UK embassy and they didn't specify which EO in their response....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
30 minutes ago, sunnysukh5 said:

Do you know if the Consulate is referring to the most recent EO on the labor market? Or is it referring to the Europe ban EO? I noticed the response was from the UK embassy and they didn't specify which EO in their response....

Never mind, please disregard. I thought the signature said UK Embassy Kensington. I just reread it. 

*EDIT - I realised this is from the Kingston Embassy, please disregard

I was wondering if K1 Visas were included in the March 2020 EO already and not the April one? The March one I believe covered non-immigrant visas. I may be wrong.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/

So sorry for everyone stuck in this situation x

Edited by jennywhite421
Correction

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, Chrissyb455 said:

I am broken-hearted right now...

I emailed my local US Embassy asking for clarification regarding the K1 visa and the ban president trump enforced..

they replied with the following:

K1 visas are not exempted from the Presidential Proclamation and therefore can not be processed or issued until such time as the proclamation and any further extensions are expired.

We do not currently know when the Consular Section will be able to resume providing routine services.  Please refer to our website for updated information.  

However, we will contact you to reschedule your K1 appointment once we are able to do so and once allowed under the Presidential Proclamation.  

Sincerely,   

Immigrant Visa Unit   

U.S. Embassy Kingston 

no one is interviewing right now in person due to the virus.  If you are waiting for an interview, it will be when the embassy deems it safe to open.  In USA that is not until June right now.  There is no value worrying or getting a lawyer.  Like everyone else in this process and others, it is hurry up and wait.  That is all you can do

Timeline

As someone who interviewed at the Kingston embassy, i suggest you just prepare for the interview (go over questions with your fiance, have your paperwork in line) and just make sure you are ready when the time comes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
2 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

As someone who interviewed at the Kingston embassy, i suggest you just prepare for the interview (go over questions with your fiance, have your paperwork in line) and just make sure you are ready when the time comes.

I mean why prepare for it when it could be a month from now, or a year from now. It's not like you are preparing to pass the bar exam. The beneficiary will be asked questions that should be natural to asnwer. Easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
1 minute ago, fluffykim said:

it should be, but my experience was not that it was not that easy in Kingston (same embassy Poster is going to). They can ask any data point from any piece of paper that is submitted.  They asked me where in Jamaica (almost like directions) where spots of our pictures were taken, they asked my now husband dates of my college degrees, etc.  It was quite nerve wracking to be honest but we passed and i am just trying to give good advice. 

its just not a bad idea to be prepared, and every embassy is different.  Good luck...just waiting for our green card now

I see your point. I am glad it went good for you.

Timeline
Just now, Rob Beri said:

I see your point. I am glad it went good for you.

and now its STILL hurry up and wait.  Been in limbo since March waiting for our green card interview (the next step after k1) and because of virus/offices closed to public, same situation as everyone else...holding pattern.  Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone in their journeys :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

it should be, but my experience was not that it was not that easy in Kingston (same embassy Poster is going to). They can ask any data point from any piece of paper that is submitted.  They asked me where in Jamaica (almost like directions) where spots of our pictures were taken, they asked my now husband dates of my college degrees, etc.  It was quite nerve wracking to be honest but we passed and i am just trying to give good advice. 

its just not a bad idea to be prepared, and every embassy is different.  Good luck...just waiting for our green card now

Was your interview for the k1 visa or cr1?

They must have been suspicious to go so in-depth.

Timeline
Just now, Chrissyb455 said:

Was your interview for the k1 visa or cr1?

They must have been suspicious to go so in-depth.

k1 and not suspicious at all.  My interview was similar to others at the time i was going through this and typical for the agent we got.  We were praying to get the blond lady...but alas we got the hard man.  because of this board, i was prepared and knew that those types of questions could come so we were ready and passed easily.  Got his visa in hand 48 hours later.  Good luck to you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with @fluffykim. Use the time better spent preparing yourself for the interview and familiarizing yourself with this process. Nothing can be done until they reopen. The cases in Jamaica have been increasing daily so no telling when the embassy will open. You can also look through past reviews to see what questions were asked of others. It’s not necessarily that they’re suspicious, they will have already reviewed your packet and made a preliminary decision before the interview. Know what you sent in and make sure your fiancé knows and is prepared as well. We did CR1 but they also asked my husband questions about the pics that were sent in, as well as questions about my job and daughter. So you can never be too prepared. Better to be safe than sorry! Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 1:46 PM, Greenbaum said:

The man who has the gold makes the rules. :thumbs:

Is this referring to current travel bans that are the reason embassies are closed or is this referring to the Executive Order restricting certain elements of immigration?

12 hours ago, RPete said:

Is this referring to current travel bans that are the reason embassies are closed or is this referring to the Executive Order restricting certain elements of immigration?

This statement is referring to all elements of the process for a visa and in life it's true. Whatever the guidelines, rules, EO, or laws are we must follow or face repercussions.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.