Nature Boy 2.0

Georgia mayor blasts Kemp’s “reckless mandate” that allows beaches to reopen

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

And we all sit back idly allowing more and more of our freedoms to be stripped from us.  When will it end?

When this silly little virus situation looks better.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I believe what I see in my community. Believe it or not, I've hardly been watching or reading the news this week. It is often too much to handle. I pay attention to the LA Times and that's to listen to reporting on what is happening here. I pay attention to the Amber Alerts we get about closures of beaches and parks. I see my friends who live in NYC and Seattle and Alabama and the UK posting on Facebook about what things are like on the ground there for them and their families. First hand reports from people I trust are useful. My friends are hurting and I have been giving money freely to them where needed -- many of my friends are now unemployed. I paid for a friend's rent this month. I am giving money to food banks. I wanted to give blood but my weight is on the cusp of what makes me not a great candidate. I am staying at home and being a supportive partner to someone who needs to lean on me while he is apart from a daughter he loves, and a mother whom we thought might have COVID19 at one point. (She did not -- we are thankful.) My parents are both over 65 now and while one is staying at home, the other is a health care professional and will not. I was raised to be an active part of the community and to do as much as good as I can in the world. I think I am trying to achieve that aim. 

You keep believing what you like -- I know I am doing the right thing and being part of the solution. As you may also believe yourself to be. Stay well, VOR. Best wishes for good health to you and your family.

2 people have died that are within 3 levels of me.  3 got sick and got over it.  Granted, I never knew anyone who died from the flu, so there's that.

Good on you for giving Voldy's money out so freely.  Hope it lasts, because this fear instilled daily surely will.

Understand  when I say this that I didn't go out much before, but my life hasn't changed at all, except that when I do go out, I maintain a larger distance from others.  Does it matter?  Probably not.  I can get the disease from a can of chicken soup, or a gas pump handle, or literally a thousand other surfaces.  I still go to work.  I still go in the stores to buy groceries or hardware.  Eventually, I'll get sick, according to the stats.  Hopefully, I survive.  

4 hours ago, Dashinka said:

We are all just gruberites incapable of keeping our distance without government force.  It is funny, in Michigan, they are keeping the lottery open forcing people to stand in line at a gas station because they want to keep that revenue stream open.

It's not just the US either its everywhere. We've dealt with the consequences of heavy-handed government mandated idiocy. People who live in the same house aren't allowed to be in a hospital room with each other, couldn't be in an ultrasound room with my wife (first time ever for that), I can't go with my wife to her scheduled OB (maternity clinic) appointments, because evidently family might transmit the diseases to each other. The amazing logic. I really hope this stupid stuff subsides by the time my wife is due in August, I'd lose my cool if they tried to prevent me from being with my wife during labor, seeing/holding my newborn child, and so on. The irrationality gets unbearable. More government means more (and more) of this garbage. No thank you. If people want to be healthier, make better, healthier choices. The elderly, immunocompromised, and other susceptible people still died even with these ridiculous rules, because they didn't change how they behaved. The idea that we have to shut everything down is much akin to the hysterical reaction some people get when a person eats peanuts, one person is apparently allergic, but hundreds of people can't eat peanuts as a result. Overreactions like this should never be acceptable. It's one thing if we're saving people's lives while there's little to no tradeoff, but the tradeoff here is an entire economy, people's livelihood, and possible permanent damage to freedoms. Not worth it. The vulnerable can stay home if the risks are too high. Risks are a part of every day life.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

For all I know, I'm asymptomatic. That's why when I go out now, I wear a mask. NOT to protect myself but to protect others. Alex wears one too. My aunt sent us some she made herself -- beautifully sewn and with removable HEPA filters. We wear them when we need to go outside. SHOCK -- we went out today because he wanted some Chick-Fil-A (and yes, I go there, double shock). I don't want to give people something I might have. It's not all about me, but I still need to get food from time to time. It's not hard to take precautions.

Don't worry about us -- my portfolio took a hit but I'm not in any danger of being "financially embarrassed" any time soon. We could manage just fine on Alex's salary and bonus alone without feeling a pinch. We are the luckiest out there, and we will give our money where we see fit. 

I put my trust in medical professionals and the ones here in LA County are some of the best in the world. They say stay indoors as much as possible, limit your exposure to others. Socially distance. Take care of yourselves. Cover your nose and mouth when you go outside to protect other people. Connect with others virtually. We're doing this. The peak is supposed to hit here in the first couple of weeks in May. It's tough to think about another 6 to 7 weeks of this or more, but we'll manage. If we protect ourselves or others by doing this, it means nothing.

Keeping a distance is a good thing, for yourself and others. Be careful and be wise. I mean it when I say I wish the best for you.

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

For all I know, I'm asymptomatic. That's why when I go out now, I wear a mask. NOT to protect myself but to protect others. Alex wears one too. My aunt sent us some she made herself -- beautifully sewn and with removable HEPA filters. We wear them when we need to go outside. SHOCK -- we went out today because he wanted some Chick-Fil-A (and yes, I go there, double shock). I don't want to give people something I might have. It's not all about me, but I still need to get food from time to time. It's not hard to take precautions.

Don't worry about us -- my portfolio took a hit but I'm not in any danger of being "financially embarrassed" any time soon. We could manage just fine on Alex's salary and bonus alone without feeling a pinch. We are the luckiest out there, and we will give our money where we see fit. 

I put my trust in medical professionals and the ones here in LA County are some of the best in the world. They say stay indoors as much as possible, limit your exposure to others. Socially distance. Take care of yourselves. Cover your nose and mouth when you go outside to protect other people. Connect with others virtually. We're doing this. The peak is supposed to hit here in the first couple of weeks in May. It's tough to think about another 6 to 7 weeks of this or more, but we'll manage. If we protect ourselves or others by doing this, it means nothing.

Keeping a distance is a good thing, for yourself and others. Be careful and be wise. I mean it when I say I wish the best for you.

It's great that you are financially stable because of your prenup.  It really gives a sense of security. I'm sure.

But what about those that actually HAVE to work for a living, that are losing their jobs, their businesses?  What about the landlords that aren't getting rent, as opposed to having an unseen angel like you paying it for a friend?  

I'm not saying  to NOT be careful.  The virus is real, and has the potential to surpass the flu this year.  But in the meantime, millions upon millions of lives are being ruined economically, and they will not recover in a month or two.  Locally, a handful of businesses have closed permanently.  US wide, two airlines have closed their doors and thousands are on the street, with no one to hire them nor to pay their rent for them.  

I'm not saying to throw caution to the wind.  Just pay attention to the greater detriment to the way of life for those of us who still have to work for a living.  It's a completely different world from the one in which you live, i assure you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, laylalex said:

That's below your usual standard.

So this should mean automatic upvotes for T-B., who was NOT the one who posted it. :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

So this should mean automatic upvotes for T-B., who was NOT the one who posted it. :dance: 

or it means you're contagious, and i caught the tbone bad joke virus.  :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

The beaches are closed becuse people are idiots and not taking this thing seriously.  Sure enough on Tybee island people were gathering and even coming from out of state.

So the Mayor had to shut down the parking  lots to try and undo Kemps big money fueled idotic decsion.

Also when the beaches are open we have to dedicate valuable front line assets to patrol the beaches.

As you know our business is open, although we are doing very little business.  We actually have morons Saturday that came in, just kicking tires. Said things like they were just starting to look but wanted to test drive a couple of cars.

You know me well enough to know i am at heart a Libertarian,  but we have to act. I have no problem with this temporary overreach,  as long as all these proclamations have very near term sunset provisions. 

I made a point of hiding Saturday and avoiding customers. Many mornings when weather is nice I will go on a several mile walk on the lot. I accidentally stumbled on a customer I could not avoid.  He told me he was planning on buying in June or July and wanted to look. I very rudely told him there was a global pandemic and walked off.

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0