Nature Boy 2.0

Georgia mayor blasts Kemp’s “reckless mandate” that allows beaches to reopen

23 posts in this topic

Amazing. Our Governor is so obviously being controlled by big money donors and lobbyist 

PSA this is the same guy that appointed Loeffler against many objections.  This is the Senator who sold 18 million of stock after getting the corona Virus briefing. It was reported on fox last night she sold stock in travel companies and disney and bought Dupont stock 

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/georgia-mayor-blasts-kempsreckless-mandate-reopen-state-beaches/YRQU6PXKSJHZPHTKU5PDCRFOJ4/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Unquestionably some heterodox tortfeasin'.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Can thank these genius Republican politicians in Georgia when voters elect Abrams next time around.

Loeffler should be removed by the Senate immediately and she should be prosecuted like any other American.

Abrams would be a disaster but Kemp is so in the big money pockets. Sea Island money got the beaches open. One of the most exclusive locations in the nation. 

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Abrams would be a disaster but Kemp is so in the big money pockets. Sea Island money got the beaches open. One of the most exclusive locations in the nation. 

Just general self-serving corruption that encompasses both the major parties. They usually aren't so flagrant with it though, these people apparently want to cut their political careers short.

Filed: Timeline

Forgive me for asking, but what gives any government the right to shut down a beach?  Who owns the oceans, exactly?  

I think it is BS that states are doing this.  It is very easy to visit a beach and not get within 20 feet of any strangers.  Plus the salt air, sunlight, and heat are great at killing covid.

In some places, people are "forbidden" from going out to enjoy the water on their boats.  How does THAT make any sense???

Edited by Voice of Reason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Forgive me for asking, but what gives any government the right to shut down a beach?  Who owns the oceans, exactly?  

I think it is BS thay states are doing this.  It is very easy to visit a beach and not get within 20 feet of any strangers.  Plus the salt air, sunlight, and heat are great at killing covid.

We are all just gruberites incapable of keeping our distance without government force.  It is funny, in Michigan, they are keeping the lottery open forcing people to stand in line at a gas station because they want to keep that revenue stream open.

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Look, I am really, really irritated that the beaches are closed. I live a short walk from the beach, and before it was shut I went there as part of my daily exercise -- a wander through Palisades Park on the bluffs, then down the steep staircase to sea level and across PCH on the pedestrian bridge to the beach. It was a source of a lot of pleasure and peacefulness for me. But because I live so close by, I was going at times -- weekdays, daytime -- when there just weren't a lot of people there. The other weekend, right before they shut it, I went with my fiance and a friend who lives nearby, doing socially distanced walking. It wasn't crazy, quite a few people but no large gatherings. It was I guess relatively early in the day.

But people suck and they are the reason why we can't have nice things. Later on in the day there were larger groups, not being careful, just treating it like it were a summer day. IT IS NOT EVEN WARM HERE YET and there were all these people just treating it like July. WHY? They ruined it by being so selfish. We had already been advised to exercise in our own neighborhoods or close to them. So while I live here and this is my neighborhood, people who wanted to have a "good time" have ruined it for us. We could have had it open -- even had the park open -- but no. Selfish. STAY HOME. This isn't a vacation. Come here for a walk, maybe. Don't set up a ####### beach blanket and umbrella and cooler with your family and friends and throw around some frisbees like nothing is happening. There's a freaking pandemic and it is MARCH. (Or was March then.)

The cops are now parking on soccer fields because people wouldn't stop playing. The cops have blocked trailheads because tons of people were travelling to the areas to hike and there just isn't the room to do that apparently with social distancing. Some people don't know how to behave themselves and we all suffer. I don't think this is something that is a particularly LA area problem either. I just happen to be here and I see what is happening. But I do want to stress that these people are the outliers -- the streets are empty now for the most part. There's a lot of good will I've witnessed recently, just people being more pleasant to each other when I've been in the grocery or the pharmacy. A lot of "thank yous" and "stay wells" and "we're all in this togethers." It helps. 

Edited by laylalex

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Look, I am really, really irritated that the beaches are closed

check with your pharmacist to see if there is a cream for that.

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

5 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

check with your pharmacist to see if there is a cream for that.

That's below your usual standard. :( 

That's a bit melodramatic, VOR. These are temporary measures in extraordinary times. Do I hate not being able to walk on the beach? Uh, yeah. But the beaches will open again. We are doing this here for the greater good. I will live and my neighbors will live without the beach for a couple months. If it helps prevent the spread of illness, I do not mind. My pleasure, my indulgence is worth nothing compared to keeping us healthy and starting to flatten the curve. 

We are all in this together. I take real comfort from that. And I will be there with you fighting if these restrictions stay in place after they are clearly no longer necessary. 

Edited by laylalex

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

That's a bit melodramatic, VOR. These are temporary measures in extraordinary times. Do I hate not being able to walk on the beach? Uh, yeah. But the beaches will open again. We are doing this here for the greater good. I will live and my neighbors will live without the beach for a couple months. If it helps prevent the spread of illness, I do not mind. My pleasure, my indulgence is worth nothing compared to keeping us healthy and starting to flatten the curve. 

We are all in this together. I take real comfort from that. And I will be there with you fighting if these restrictions stay in place after they are clearly no longer necessary. 

You keep right on believing what you repeated the MSM as telling you.  Hopefully, you will live thru this and realize just how wrong that idealism really is.

How "necessary" were they in Sweden or S. Korea?

Edited by Voice of Reason

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

You keep right on believing what you repeated the MSM as telling you.  Hopefully, you will live thru this and realize just how wrong that idealism really is.

I believe what I see in my community. Believe it or not, I've hardly been watching or reading the news this week. It is often too much to handle. I pay attention to the LA Times and that's to listen to reporting on what is happening here. I pay attention to the Amber Alerts we get about closures of beaches and parks. I see my friends who live in NYC and Seattle and Alabama and the UK posting on Facebook about what things are like on the ground there for them and their families. First hand reports from people I trust are useful. My friends are hurting and I have been giving money freely to them where needed -- many of my friends are now unemployed. I paid for a friend's rent this month. I am giving money to food banks. I wanted to give blood but my weight is on the cusp of what makes me not a great candidate. I am staying at home and being a supportive partner to someone who needs to lean on me while he is apart from a daughter he loves, and a mother whom we thought might have COVID19 at one point. (She did not -- we are thankful.) My parents are both over 65 now and while one is staying at home, the other is a health care professional and will not. I was raised to be an active part of the community and to do as much as good as I can in the world. I think I am trying to achieve that aim. 

You keep believing what you like -- I know I am doing the right thing and being part of the solution. As you may also believe yourself to be. Stay well, VOR. Best wishes for good health to you and your family.