2,698 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, Pat B said:

I’ve also reached out to Senators and Congressman to help expedite the process. I’ve been waiting for my new card since April this year and I haven’t gotten any response from the immigration officers. My case is still under review as of the moment. 

Mine went to under review right after my interview in March… didn’t hear anything until mid Sept and finally got the green card in the mail yesterday 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Update to all waiting: I finally moved from fingerprints were taken status to ready to schedule for interview. This came within a week of our local congressman reaching out the second time on our behalf. Even though they got a very generic reply I think it has something to do with it. Hope yall get this long awaited status soon as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rambava said:

Update to all waiting: I finally moved from fingerprints were taken status to ready to schedule for interview. This came within a week of our local congressman reaching out the second time on our behalf. Even though they got a very generic reply I think it has something to do with it. Hope yall get this long awaited status soon as well. 

Congrats on the update, @Rambava! We were considering reaching out to our congressman a second time as well. I hope a date is set soon!

Edited by PatSquared

Timeline
7 minutes ago, PatSquared said:

Congrats on the update, @Rambava! We were considering reaching out to our congressman a second time as well. I hope a date is set soon!

Thank you! I will keep update of the progress. I am sure now the people stuck with Fingerprints are Taken status are just files forgotten somewhere and until you bring attention to those couple of times nothing will move. Best luck to yall too.

5 hours ago, Rambava said:

Hey congratulations. Same thing happened with me as well. My case status changed to ready to get scheduled for interview after one year. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
8 hours ago, Rambava said:

Congrats! We got nowhere with our congressional inquiry or tier 2 call back. We've finally contacted a lawyer who is going to submit a letter on our behalf to see if that speeds things up. She says they're now processing cases on both the front and back end to try and whittle down the list and we're likely the unfortunately ones stuck in the middle, but sometimes a few extra pushes and get them to pay attention to your case. Sounds like that's what happened for you! Fingers crossed we're soon as well 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, eabrophy said:

Congrats! We got nowhere with our congressional inquiry or tier 2 call back. We've finally contacted a lawyer who is going to submit a letter on our behalf to see if that speeds things up. She says they're now processing cases on both the front and back end to try and whittle down the list and we're likely the unfortunately ones stuck in the middle, but sometimes a few extra pushes and get them to pay attention to your case. Sounds like that's what happened for you! Fingers crossed we're soon as well 🤞

This is incredulous 🤨 -

USCIS claim we are in normal processing- and cases will be dealt with based upon submission date - The impact of delayed processing is putting quite a toll on us all - It is Taunting to see people applying in 2021 already being approved - I mean great for them and good fortune n all - but also a bit disappointing to note our cases have been left behind.

I hope your Lawyer is able to get traction on your specific case - ideally also highlighting the departure from policy affecting us all in a seemingly unfair manner…I know I am strongly biased - but believe i have earned the right to be - after 19 months of waiting.

Fingers crossed for you Eabrophy … I hope you have a positive outcome- Let us know how you are fairing - will attempt to contact the congressional representative once again.

Timeline

Just got the interview scheduled for Dec 9th. This clearly shows that the cases are held up at NBC for who knows what reason. But once its kicked out of there the local FO if not too big schedules pretty quickly. Best of luck to all and will keep posted.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Just got the interview scheduled for Dec 9th. This clearly shows that the cases are held up at NBC for who knows what reason. But once its kicked out of there the local FO if not too big schedules pretty quickly. Best of luck to all and will keep posted.

Great news for you - good luck 🍀 at the Interview.

Edited by Viking
Spelling

On 11/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, Rambava said:

Hey guys, my status just changed to interview scheduled. @Rambava, how did u find ur interview date? Also I think you must be fully vaccinated in order to get ur medical done. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 11/8/2021 at 10:47 PM, Viking said:

This is incredulous 🤨 -

USCIS claim we are in normal processing- and cases will be dealt with based upon submission date - The impact of delayed processing is putting quite a toll on us all - It is Taunting to see people applying in 2021 already being approved - I mean great for them and good fortune n all - but also a bit disappointing to note our cases have been left behind.

I hope your Lawyer is able to get traction on your specific case - ideally also highlighting the departure from policy affecting us all in a seemingly unfair manner…I know I am strongly biased - but believe i have earned the right to be - after 19 months of waiting.

Fingers crossed for you Eabrophy … I hope you have a positive outcome- Let us know how you are fairing - will attempt to contact the congressional representative once again.

Yep it's incredibly frustrating. And when we talked to the Tier 2 officer, he claimed over and over again that cases are processed in the order they're received. Which is so clearly not true!! Good luck to you as well, hopefully we all get through this soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Any information on timelines for Columbus, oh? Filled i 485, i 130 on April 27, 2020. Nothing moved on I130 at all(filled 3 requests already and nothing, in queue for a tier 2 officer right now) and i 485 is in the 'case is ready to be scheduled' limbo for 19 days now.

I can't seem to find much information on other people filling in Columbus and I'm desperate for some more news or timelines.

Thank you! And good luck to everyone ☺️

Timeline

Hi April 2020 filers

any Socal - LA County insights on time it took between notification of Interview and the actual interview.

at this point I am hoping to be able to bypass the Limitation of 2 year GC and move straight to a 10 year - if all goes well - we don’t want the continued hazzle of continuing this process any longer than nessesary - 

we got married in March 2020 so if the interview is around the same time and the case is approved After the 2 years of our wedding we should by all means be issued with a 10 year card.

the horror scenario is that we get the approval a few day early- is there a way to delay the Interview date ? Without of cause returning to the back of this ever growing que…

we have been waiting now for 20 Months for this process.

any thoughts and insights are welcomed 

Timeline
On 12/1/2021 at 2:42 AM, Viking said:

Hi April 2020 filers

any Socal - LA County insights on time it took between notification of Interview and the actual interview.

at this point I am hoping to be able to bypass the Limitation of 2 year GC and move straight to a 10 year - if all goes well - we don’t want the continued hazzle of continuing this process any longer than nessesary - 

we got married in March 2020 so if the interview is around the same time and the case is approved After the 2 years of our wedding we should by all means be issued with a 10 year card.

the horror scenario is that we get the approval a few day early- is there a way to delay the Interview date ? Without of cause returning to the back of this ever growing que…

we have been waiting now for 20 Months for this process.

any thoughts and insights are welcomed 

Hi everyone - Is there any one left in the forum for April 2020AOS - it is getting Quiet 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.