2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 11/12/2020 at 6:04 PM, Bjh said:

I just tried this. It doesn't work. The system just tells you it's going to hang up if you keep pressing buttons after the 2nd time.

It used to work but they seem to have caught on. If anyone else discovers something that works please do share. Its so unfair for them to not allow us to contact them this way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, H&C said:

Nothing to add except I'm in the same boat. No response on service request. No biometrics. Nothing works. Now I cant even get through to USCIS on the phone. It's hopeless and disheartening as we are going through a difficult situation financially with a new baby due in a few weeks. We would just be so grateful to get the EAD and don't even care if AOS takes a while at this point.

I can totally relate! I really do not care about the AOS right now but if they could just give me the EAD I can start working. Its not easy to survive these times with one person earning.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
16 hours ago, A - J said:

What a day! It took a minute but we made it! Green Card is finally in hand! 

Best of luck to everybody here!

Keep the faith. 

Your PD was April 24th and you are already done?? 

Congratulations!! 

Mine was April 3rd and I just got the "ready to be scheduled for an interview" on November 18th. At least something after such a long wait 

Timeline

Just another update for all the April filers waiting for their biometric still.  On 16thNov I had one successful attempt at getting in touch with a human rep at USCIS after my service request for biometric raised on October 15 crossed its 30 days mark with no response. When the rep told me they can't do anything but resubmit, I had requested to speak with tier 2 agent. She explained they are no longer doing transfers but she can put me in a queue to get a call back. I had no faith on getting a call back but I just got a call back today on 20th Nov! An officer from USCIS called and got me scheduled for biometric coming Tuesday! After such a long battle with uncertainty it feels amazing to have some clarity and response. 

And as of how I got through to USCIS human rep? I called early morning on 16th around 9 AM and when the AI asked me what I wanted I said update on service request. I had to try 5 times for the AI to understand she cant help me and I need to speak with a rep but when I finally go through, the wait was only 2 minutes. So, for the people in the same boat, I certainly suggest requesting a tier 2 call back and getting on that queue.

I am not sure if it helped but I also left a message on the secured communication channel in their website with the details of delay. So you can try that too, just create an account and leave them a message.

2 minutes ago, KK and UR said:

Just another update for all the April filers waiting for their biometric still.  On 16thNov I had one successful attempt at getting in touch with a human rep at USCIS after my service request for biometric raised on October 15 crossed its 30 days mark with no response. When the rep told me they can't do anything but resubmit, I had requested to speak with tier 2 agent. She explained they are no longer doing transfers but she can put me in a queue to get a call back. I had no faith on getting a call back but I just got a call back today on 20th Nov! An officer from USCIS called and got me scheduled for biometric coming Tuesday! After such a long battle with uncertainty it feels amazing to have some clarity and response. 

And as of how I got through to USCIS human rep? I called early morning on 16th around 9 AM and when the AI asked me what I wanted I said update on service request. I had to try 5 times for the AI to understand she cant help me and I need to speak with a rep but when I finally go through, the wait was only 2 minutes. So, for the people in the same boat, I certainly suggest requesting a tier 2 call back and getting on that queue.

I am not sure if it helped but I also left a message on the secured communication channel in their website with the details of delay. So you can try that too, just create an account and leave them a message.

Great post. Thanks for the info. What a total mess just to have a biometrics appointment. 

On 10/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, theredone said:

Hi all,

Anyone here done with biometrics but still waiting to hear on EAD card updates? Got pretty lucky and had biometrics on August 14th in San Francisco. Now after almost two months, we still haven't received any updates. I know it's still within the "normal processing time" (7.5 months) but getting worried seeing all the the approved EAD cards. Mainly hopping to see family in December, so no valid reason to ask for it to be expedited. Anything we can do? Haven't called USCIS yet. PD April 17th

Hello, did you get EAD card? I had bio on 10/26 and it has been over 20 days since then. My 765 is still approved. PD: 5/29

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Lenanami said:

Hello, did you get EAD card? I had bio on 10/26 and it has been over 20 days since then. My 765 is still approved. PD: 5/29

oh wow.. I had bio on 10/22 and it's almost a month now. My 765 still shows that finger prints were taken in the status. PD: 04/06 :( 

I'm in Colorado.

Edited by Chrystie
wrong date of PD, it's should be April 6, 2020

1 hour ago, Chrystie said:

oh wow.. I had bio on 10/22 and it's almost a month now. My 765 still shows that finger prints were taken in the status. PD: 04/06 :( 

I'm in Colorado.

Yeah me too.. and no interview is scheduled either. This whole process is killing me. I even submitted an expedite request but no one is working on it! Expedite request shows "expedite request has been received" for two weeks! I tried calling tier 1 last week and got a rude one not willing to help but finally put me in the queue to get call back from tier 2. Well, 7 business days passed and I got NO CALL BACK.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chrystie said:

I'm in Colorado.

My husband has his fingerprints taken on 08/12, but it still says “biometrics scheduled”. We have called and emailed many times and we cannot for the life of us get in contact with a human. I feel like we’re a lost & forgotten case now 😞

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lenanami said:

I have only managed to secure a biometric appointment! EAD is still far from my view I guess and reading about a month delay from you all is even further frustrating. I have no clue why certain cases have been delayed so much. So for you it has been 20 days with no update? What was the timeline they said you might have to wait?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
13 minutes ago, KK and UR said:

I have only managed to secure a biometric appointment! EAD is still far from my view I guess and reading about a month delay from you all is even further frustrating. I have no clue why certain cases have been delayed so much. So for you it has been 20 days with no update? What was the timeline they said you might have to wait?

I had biometrics 30+ days ago and no EAD

Did a service request and got no answer. 

All they told me is to do another service request and wait another 30 days.

PD: Mar 30 th 2020

I had my interview today. The interview was for 20-30 minutes. The interviewer gone through i485, i944 and afdvt of support form with us. He asked for proof of relationship and was not interested in all of them ( pic, insurance, joint account, rent agreement , health insurance). And asked us only one question how we met? Thats it.

In the evening the status changed to " New card being produced"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.