2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I guess each SSA office is different. When I called ours, I was told to fax them copies of my husband's passport, EAD card and SS-5 application, then call them back and they would set up an appointment. I will do it next week as soon as we get the combo card in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, Linnn said:

Anyone here who has received their EAD or combo card - did you receive your SSN card in the mail or did you have to schedule an appointment at the ssa office?

I just received my EAD Card in the mail and called my SSA office, they told me that my number had been issued and I should receive my ssn card within the next couple of days 🎉🎉🎉🎉 best way to start the weekend. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Linnn said:

I just received my EAD Card in the mail and called my SSA office, they told me that my number had been issued and I should receive my ssn card within the next couple of days 🎉🎉🎉🎉 best way to start the weekend. 

yay! congrats. Time to get back to work soon! hehe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Linnn said:

Great news!😀Thank you and congratulations! I follow your case closely (we are 2-3 days behind) and it gives us hope.

Edited by portorusa

Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

Great news!😀Thank you and congratulations! I follow your case closely (we are 2-3 days behind) and it gives us hope.

Thank you! 😁

I'll keep my fingers crossed and I'm sure you'll get it within the next week 🤞🏼

1 hour ago, Anthony446 said:

yay! congrats. Time to get back to work soon! hehe

Thank you! :)

I thought I would never be this excited to work again 😂😂😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Linnn said:

What a difference a week makes! Can’t believe you’re all set already. Congrats! Still over here waiting for biometrics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 6:35 PM, StephUSA said:
On 9/17/2020 at 1:48 PM, StephUSA said:

Quick update on our case - FYI we did not expedite:

Case received 4/20/20

Bio appt 8/13/20

Fingerprints applied to I-765 case 8/15/20

New Card Being Produced 9/17/20

On 9/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, StephUSA said:

I-131 Approved 9/21

I-765 Card Was Mailed To Me 9/21

On 9/22/2020 at 1:25 PM, StephUSA said:

Hadn't heard anything about a tracking number, so I contacted Emma and was connected with an agent via chat. Super quickly I might add. Upon providing case number to the live agent, I received USPS tracking number. USPS says delivery by Friday, 8pm but I'm hoping it'll be sooner based on what others have reported on the boards.

New update

I-765 Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Combo card received 9/24. We made friends with a lady at the post office and she held it for us so we could pickup ourselves. 

Today, 9/25 received Approval NOAs for both I-765 and I-131 in the mail, along with a reissued Social Security Card. My husband was able to get a SSN on the last day prior to offices closing in March. This new one says valid to work with DHS authorization.

No status updates online.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tmac88 said:

What a difference a week makes! Can’t believe you’re all set already. Congrats! Still over here waiting for biometrics.

Thank you!! :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, don't lose hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
15 hours ago, portorusa said:

To those who got or about to get their EAD/combo cards but do not get SSN:

Call 1-800-772-1213 , check if the immigrant is in their system (chances are they are not), and make an appointment to come to your local SSA office to apply for a SS card. From what people say, it takes 2-6 weeks to get the SS card now.

We had a stroke of luck, I guess, with the SSN. We followed the K1 Fiancé Visa Process Flowchart and Timeline on this very site from the i129 through today. Step 16 told us (right after arrival in the USA) that we should apply for the SSN. We did and got one issued in a couple of weeks. We didn’t need to get one with i765. One less thing to worry about. 

if any new K1’s are reading this, follow that Flowchart. It works. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, Anjiee-d said:

I want to believe that the next stage would be Case was approved for his I-765 and which will automatically make an impact on his I-131 too. 

Congrats in Addy.

Thank you!!! :)

On 9/21/2020 at 9:01 PM, Linnn said:

Good to know that the status has to change to 'Approved and Card was sent to me' before you get it. Mine is currently at 'New card being produced' 

These are the stories that cause me to yell at the USCIS customer service reps. My stuff is also at the NBC and they claim they handle them "in order received" I haven't had a case update in 9 months, have called in about 20 times since and will be calling again this week. 

Congratz that your stuff is all getting approved. Can't wait to call them again and tell them everything they say is BS. Sorry if I sound like a cynic but this website kind of brings that out for us unlucky individuals.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Fennik said:

These are the stories that cause me to yell at the USCIS customer service reps. My stuff is also at the NBC and they claim they handle them "in order received" I haven't had a case update in 9 months, have called in about 20 times since and will be calling again this week. 

Congratz that your stuff is all getting approved. Can't wait to call them again and tell them everything they say is BS. Sorry if I sound like a cynic but this website kind of brings that out for us unlucky individuals.

I can totally understand, it's terrible to just sit and wait without any info. You might want to call early in the morning and talk to a Tier 2 officer or reach out to your congressman.

Just now, Linnn said:

I can totally understand, it's terrible to just sit and wait without any info. You might want to call early in the morning and talk to a Tier 2 officer or reach out to your congressman.

I'd appreciate some guidance on reaching out to the congress person. I am not yet planning to do that, but it would be a new experience for me. Do you have any thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.