dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

That was pretty fast! Congratulations!

Thank you!  Is it my imagination or does it seem like the NVC has actually sped up during the routine visa suspension period?

Just now, JAC&MEH said:

Thank you!  Is it my imagination or does it seem like the NVC has actually sped up during the routine visa suspension period?

I really have no idea. Lately, though, just before and after NVC's closing hours, it seems we've gotten a wave of posts from people who just got DQ'd. Could be!

1 hour ago, David Utomi said:

I did exactly this and submitted. Then someone here told me it could be a problem, i then later tried to upload the scan version of the ink signed copy but the website didnt let me upload despite several trials. so i gave up and hope they dont hold it against us. 

Thanks! It just worked for us as as an “Additional Document” (the bottom section). 

Can we eternally submit additional documents after the initial submission? I’m asking in case we forgot something else we want to add in the future. Is there some sort of limit?

44 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

I'm really sorry  😔 At least this will hopefully be the last checklist. 

Would you mind if I asked what the first RFE/checklist was for?

Hang in there. 

My RFE was to move my dad from household member to joint sponsor. Since I don't live with my dad, he is to be a joint sponsor and no relation to household member. 

I submitted I-864a as household. But need to submit I-864 for joint sponsor.

Hope this helps someone in the future! 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

46 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

Really sorry to hear about this. But you'll get through it! Remember, with all the embassies closed and air travel impossible or next to impossible, these RFE delays maybe won't set you back like they normally would. The important thing is to carefully correct what you can and resubmit it. You'll get where you want and need to be soon.

Thank you for your empathy. It means a lot to me!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

1 minute ago, TamMhmd said:

My RFE was to move my dad from household member to joint sponsor. Since I don't live with my dad, he is to be a joint sponsor and no relation to household member. 

I submitted I-864a as household. But need to submit I-864 for joint sponsor.

Hope this helps someone in the future! 

Thank you so much for letting us know. Best of luck with the new submission 💪🏻

53 minutes ago, JAC&MEH said:

Yes, I think they are. We got DQ on April 21, and our first and only submitting was on April 16. 

5 hours ago, ayestaci said:

Hey everyone!

I'm noticing a trend of people getting checklists for W2s/1099s with their tax transcripts — is this always the case? We submitted a W2 for 2019 since we only have the return, not the transcript, but for 2018 and 2017 we just sent the transcript. 

I am not sure, but since I am refilling out an AOS, I noticed they ask for it . Not sure if it was there before?

I did not submit a W-2 and didn't get an RFE for it, but I will submit my W2 with my next re submission just to be safe

image.thumb.png.437fdb3d644b02b6e26843fc1deef904.png

Edited by TamMhmd

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

25 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

I am not sure, but since I am refilling out an AOS, I noticed they ask for it . Not sure if it was there before?

I did not submit a W-2 and didn't get an RFE for it, but I will submit my W2 with my next re submission just to be safe

image.thumb.png.437fdb3d644b02b6e26843fc1deef904.png

If you open the PDF instructions up top, it says to only submit W2 if you upload copies and not transcripts.

I think that section you’re reading is a short summary of the actual instructions. 

49 minutes ago, Nenz.i said:

Omg congratulations!!!! That was so so quick. Does anyone know how they accept some people before others who have submitted later than others? Tell us your secret!! 😅

Thank you! No secret.  Really I don’t know. We were surprised as you all can be. I may say that We were in shock.
 We call NVC and they just said that we are in line waiting for the appointment. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, David G said:

Thanks. We summit everything last week.. At the moment that the payments were processed I uploaded  IV application, civil documents. AOS Documents. All at once.

That's amazing! Congratulations!! Did you guys have the PCC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.