usds2020

Am I screwed? Child born after Document Complete

14 posts in this topic

My documents were originally qualified and completed at the NVC stage in Dec 2019 and was waiting for an interview letter. My child was born in Feb 2020 and I was told by NVC that I could wait for the interview letter and then contact the consulate to add my child.

However, recently my lawyer added the birth certificate of my child in the CEAC and now my child was listed as one of the accompany application. NVC asked us to pay the fee and the submit all required documents - we haven't obtained a passport for our child yet. I contacted NVC and they explained now that the child was added, my case was no longer complete and it will only be complete after I submit my child's documents etc and NVC reviews them. In that case, it means it would take another few months for my case to be complete and be put into the waiting queue for an interview again. Is there anything I can do to undo this action? My understanding is adding the child with the Consulate would be much faster than going through the NVC process again. Highly appreciate any advice and I felt desperate now - we have been waiting for 4 years and could not afford another few more months delay, especially the child was just born :'( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From a practical perspective interviews have stopped so it may just be easier to supply the documents to your lawyer and complete the current process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

44 minutes ago, Boiler said:

From a practical perspective interviews have stopped so it may just be easier to supply the documents to your lawyer and complete the current process.

thank you for your reply. i wouldn't mind doing so if it does not trigger a delay in my process. However, from what i was told by the NVC agent, if i submit my child's documents to them now, they will have to review them first (about two months with the current time) and then i will have DQ again with the new date. my interview will be scheduled according to my new DQ date, not the original Dec 2019 date. That means at least half a year of delay here.

should i request them to remove the child? if i do that, will i have a problem adding the child back when i go for the interview at the consulate?

Again, all interviews have ground to a halt and no indication when they’ll restart them. Get the child’s passport done and submit paperwork to NVC

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

10 hours ago, milimelo said:

Again, all interviews have ground to a halt and no indication when they’ll restart them. Get the child’s passport done and submit paperwork to NVC

I do understand all interviews have been halted. My concern is going through NVC again meaning we lost our original position of being in line from Dec 2019 and now we will get a new date and in line again when we get the new DQ. This means at least 6 months’ delay once the interviews resume :( that’s why I am desperate :’( 

also, the passport office is closed due to the current situation and I don’t know when I can get a passport for my child. This also adds delay :( 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, usds2020 said:

I do understand all interviews have been halted. My concern is going through NVC again meaning we lost our original position of being in line from Dec 2019 and now we will get a new date and in line again when we get the new DQ. This means at least 6 months’ delay once the interviews resume :( that’s why I am desperate :’( 

also, the passport office is closed due to the current situation and I don’t know when I can get a passport for my child. This also adds delay :( 

Yes, shame on your attorney 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, usds2020 said:

Is there anything I can do to undo this situation? I am really desperate 😭😭😭

Nope because you need your interview scheduled and file sent.   NVC won't do this until your case is complete again

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
19 hours ago, usds2020 said:

My documents were originally qualified and completed at the NVC stage in Dec 2019 and was waiting for an interview letter. My child was born in Feb 2020 and I was told by NVC that I could wait for the interview letter and then contact the consulate to add my child.

However, recently my lawyer added the birth certificate of my child in the CEAC and now my child was listed as one of the accompany application. NVC asked us to pay the fee and the submit all required documents - we haven't obtained a passport for our child yet. I contacted NVC and they explained now that the child was added, my case was no longer complete and it will only be complete after I submit my child's documents etc and NVC reviews them. In that case, it means it would take another few months for my case to be complete and be put into the waiting queue for an interview again. Is there anything I can do to undo this action? My understanding is adding the child with the Consulate would be much faster than going through the NVC process again. Highly appreciate any advice and I felt desperate now - we have been waiting for 4 years and could not afford another few more months delay, especially the child was just born 😢 

Do what you have to do now at the nvc level. Chances are the consulate would not add the child and you’ll therefore be granted the visa and would have to leave the child behind. You’ve waited long enough and nothing is wrong with waiting a little bit more. You make it sound like the child is holding you back. Shouldn’t have gotten pregnant if you were so anxious to migrate. These things happen. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/20/2020 at 10:58 PM, usds2020 said:

However, recently my lawyer added the birth certificate of my child in the CEAC and now my child was listed as one of the accompany application. NVC asked us to pay the fee and the submit all required documents - we haven't obtained a passport for our child yet. I contacted NVC and they explained now that the child was added, my case was no longer complete and it will only be complete after I submit my child's documents etc and NVC reviews them. In that case, it means it would take another few months for my case to be complete and be put into the waiting queue for an interview again. Is there anything I can do to undo this action? My understanding is adding the child with the Consulate would be much faster than going through the NVC process again. Highly appreciate any advice and I felt desperate now - we have been waiting for 4 years and could not afford another few more months delay, especially the child was just born 😢 

I was in your situation before. My wife's application only took 10 days to get DQ. The problem now is that it might take longer because NVC workers from home.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/21/2020 at 11:41 AM, usds2020 said:

Hey don't wait to get passport before you proceed. In my wife's case, I called NVC and they asked me to submit a letter that due to the age of my baby that the data page of the passport would be submitted at the time of interview at the embassy. Write a letter and upload it in place of the passport data page. That's what I did and 10 days after she got DQ. However, you will submit it at the interview. 

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.