24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don’t know where it’s written or if it’s even written, but pertaining to a WoM (Writ of Mandamus), what do you all think a federal judge considers to be an UNREASONABLE length of administrative processing when considering the WoM?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If it is written I have not seen it mentioned.

I have only come across a few cases where somebody actually went through with one, and certainly nothing that would allow any sensible comment.

My suggestion would be to contact Layers who have filed them, see if they have any view.

I have certainly seen AP take year plus, very much depends on the individual case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Boiler said:

If it is written I have not seen it mentioned.

I have only come across a few cases where somebody actually went through with one, and certainly nothing that would allow any sensible comment.

My suggestion would be to contact Layers who have filed them, see if they have any view.

I have certainly seen AP take year plus, very much depends on the individual case.

Hi there. There are a number of successfully approved WoM filers on Facebook in a group specifically for ADMIN PROCESSING and Im a part of that group. But no one really knows what the Federal Judge looks at or considers as "unreasonable" but one person said the judge follows whats on USCIS. I have yet to find that section on their website.....which is why I also posted it here. So again many have had success and all approved with the exception of one from Mumbai.  Wanted to also say thnak you to you @Boiler You're always one of the first to reply! Youre awesome.

Edited by SJordanS
to thank the replier

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
6 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Hi there. There are a number of successfully approved WoM filers on Facebook in a group specifically for ADMIN PROCESSING and Im a part of that group. But no one really knows what the Federal Judge looks at or considers as "unreasonable" but one person said the judge follows whats on USCIS. I have yet to find that section on their website.....which is why I also posted it here. So again many have had success and all approved with the exception of one from Mumbai. 

Well there is no time line for AP, by its very nature it is open ended. Also not sure I have seen a WoM case involving USCIS, all the ones I recollect were at the Consulate level.

I seriously doubt there is one Judge who hears such cases, different Circuits, Different Judges, different cases.

Could you not ask those on Facebook for this information?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well there is no time line for AP, by its very nature it is open ended. Also not sure I have seen a WoM case involving USCIS, all the ones I recollect were at the Consulate level.

I seriously doubt there is one Judge who hears such cases, different Circuits, Different Judges, different cases.

Could you not ask those on Facebook for this information?

I actually posted this Q both here and on Fb hoping to hear from any who have filed WoM and is a member here. But as you are saying you havent seen many so not many on VJ....so I did get info now from a gal who used a local attorney here in Los Angeles. She confirmed her lawyer told her the Judge will check the USCIS post on AP and decide based on that and she filed after being in AP for 90 days and was finally able to get their Visa (CR1). So Im filing first part of April. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline

Presumably you have a Lawyer to file, I would also take advise from them, that sounds awfully quick.

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

Presumably you have a Lawyer to file, I would also take advise from them, that sounds awfully quick.

Yes everyone uses Jim Hacking. He has a 95% success rate and yes its quick if its unreasonable.....for example when they say send us back the 10 questions and you should get a response in 30 days then nothing for 90 days as in her case, it is unreasonable. Im 180 days since interview and I will consider Jim Hacking or Josh Goldstein, another lawyer with very high success rate. Wish me luck and again THANK YOU for all your help! You are GOLD. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline

I assumed it would be a long process? Courts being backed up, that sounds quite quick.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 3/13/2020 at 9:24 PM, SJordanS said:

Yes everyone uses Jim Hacking. He has a 95% success rate and yes its quick if its unreasonable.....for example when they say send us back the 10 questions and you should get a response in 30 days then nothing for 90 days as in her case, it is unreasonable. Im 180 days since interview and I will consider Jim Hacking or Josh Goldstein, another lawyer with very high success rate. Wish me luck and again THANK YOU for all your help! You are GOLD. 

Jim Hacking is certainly the best I’ve been hesitant for too long it’s been 1 year and 4 months no movements on my case it’s sitting at California service center since June13,2019. So I’ve decided to go with Jim did my consultation last week and now I’m about to get the ball rolling signing those documents and sending them back so he can move forward he’s by far the best. Goldstein doesn’t grasp my attention!! That’s just my opinion!! Best of luck to us all!!

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/26/2020 at 4:58 PM, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

Jim Hacking is certainly the best I’ve been hesitant for too long it’s been 1 year and 4 months no movements on my case it’s sitting at California service center since June13,2019. So I’ve decided to go with Jim did my consultation last week and now I’m about to get the ball rolling signing those documents and sending them back so he can move forward he’s by far the best. Goldstein doesn’t grasp my attention!! That’s just my opinion!! Best of luck to us all!!

Have you started with Jim? Any response yet?  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:03 PM, SJordanS said:

Have you started with Jim? Any response yet?  

As a matter of fact I have and everyone was served. I was told 60 days from when the last person was served I will hear from USCIS, which is June 20. So for now it's the waiting game. Also, I was informed that because of our current pandemic there could be delays. Keeping my fingers cross I will post my outcome on here. Everyone talks of doing WOM but never bothers to come back and share any follow up details. After our interview we were told we will get our visa but were put in Administrative Processing were given a white slip no additional information needed. This is so frustrating, we go through this process to begin our lives together but yet so many of us are separated from our loved ones and have no idea what's going on we are just waiting and our lives are on hold. We like to believe that if we follow the protocol and provided everything USCIS is asking for we will be successful in this journey; however it's far from the truth. It seems like USCIS just wants to deny our petition. Praying that each and everyone of us have a successful outcome and are reunited with our loved one. Be safe/healthy everyone.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 5/7/2020 at 10:22 AM, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

As a matter of fact I have and everyone was served. I was told 60 days from when the last person was served I will hear from USCIS, which is June 20. So for now it's the waiting game. Also, I was informed that because of our current pandemic there could be delays. Keeping my fingers cross I will post my outcome on here. Everyone talks of doing WOM but never bothers to come back and share any follow up details. After our interview we were told we will get our visa but were put in Administrative Processing were given a white slip no additional information needed. This is so frustrating, we go through this process to begin our lives together but yet so many of us are separated from our loved ones and have no idea what's going on we are just waiting and our lives are on hold. We like to believe that if we follow the protocol and provided everything USCIS is asking for we will be successful in this journey; however it's far from the truth. It seems like USCIS just wants to deny our petition. Praying that each and everyone of us have a successful outcome and are reunited with our loved one. Be safe/healthy everyone.

Hi @WORRIEDSPOUSE just wanted to check in to see what has happened with you? I also started with Jim. Did you guys finally get a response or did they request an extension? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
On 3/13/2020 at 6:52 PM, Boiler said:

I assumed it would be a long process? Courts being backed up, that sounds quite quick.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

@Boiler I’m actually one of the very few who DO follow through. I did file a WoM and wanted to start a thread about that because we got a call on June 30 and we filed on May 19. Even during this pandemic they are responding. So we’re just waiting to get to the finish line so I can start a thread since no one has enough information about that on this forum. This forum has been gold to me and I want to make sure that people know all avenues and options. #intherunningstrerch 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
On 7/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, SJordanS said:

Hi @WORRIEDSPOUSE just wanted to check in to see what has happened with you? I also started with Jim. Did you guys finally get a response or did they request an extension? 

Hello, we ended up receiving a NOID which we were expecting but wanted to file WOM just to get some movement on the case. Jim & his team handled the rebuttal for our NOID. USCIS intern asked for an extension to answer the lawsuit so we have a date of September 10 to get good news, God’s willing. This has been a total of 17 months since our interview and overall 3 years journey. I’m hoping we all get the best and most fitting outcome for us all!! 

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline
On 7/5/2020 at 7:24 PM, SJordanS said:

@Boiler I’m actually one of the very few who DO follow through. I did file a WoM and wanted to start a thread about that because we got a call on June 30 and we filed on May 19. Even during this pandemic they are responding. So we’re just waiting to get to the finish line so I can start a thread since no one has enough information about that on this forum. This forum has been gold to me and I want to make sure that people know all avenues and options. #intherunningstrerch 

@SJordanS did you ever start you WoM thread or is this it? Wondering if you are also using Jim Hacking?

Also, if this is the WoM thread you planned to post, can you share what ended up happening?

Edited by sativo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.