ameliar

Form I-944 Part 4 Items 2/3 - Evaluation of Equivalency

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:21 AM, SierraChereka said:

Hello! I have a very similar situation - the degree evaluation has been causing stress and confusion as we work through the AOS documents. My husband is from Ethiopia as well, and we have his documents but cannot figure out how to get the university to mail original official documents right now. I had just decided to ignore the suggestion to include the evaluation with I-944 yesterday, but now I am thinking about using International Education Evaluations LLC to scan the documents and get a "Provisional Evaluation" thanks to your comment. If you get any updates from them, please let me know!

Hi, I'll let you know how the evaluation turns out. We're still waiting for it to be complete and its taking much longer than we expected. I've checked with other institutes and they either require transcripts or quoting a 6 week turn around. I'm tempted to mail without the evaluation but fear a possible RFE. I hope that your packet does not get an RFE and you can move on with the process

So, I have degrees from Ukraine, i sent diplomas without evaluation, got rejected cause other reason but going to send translation with package what i will send again. I understand this passage from instructions that evaluation is required. Evaluation takes time, i want to do by WES (World Evaluation Services), course by course for college, but for that i need to send my diplomas to Ukraine for apostle...So, I don’t want to wait so long. One notice that everyone should know. ECE report valid for 5 years, for example WES- doesn’t have expires date. So, i don’t want to do this twice, hopefully before interview i will have it and will able to show if they will ask me. 

Edited by Nastya_7smile

• 2 weeks later...

I was kinda confused by this as well. From what I understand of the wording in the instruction, it is required. But still, some say it's not. I went ahead and got an evaluation anyway because I'm not taking chances on my application. 😬 I got my evaluation from ECE, and I'm pretty satisfied with their service. It was really quick, especially considering these covid-related delays on practically everything. They received my credentials on 06/03 and the evaluation was delivered at home on 06/10. Pretty happy all in all. :) 

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/13/2020 at 1:11 AM, Trese said:

I was kinda confused by this as well. From what I understand of the wording in the instruction, it is required. But still, some say it's not. I went ahead and got an evaluation anyway because I'm not taking chances on my application. 😬 I got my evaluation from ECE, and I'm pretty satisfied with their service. It was really quick, especially considering these covid-related delays on practically everything. They received my credentials on 06/03 and the evaluation was delivered at home on 06/10. Pretty happy all in all. :) 

Did you do the general evaluation or the course by course? I have a high school diploma, a university degree and two college diplomas from Canada. I just want to make sure I’m not wasting money on the wrong products!

I am past my i94 date and was originally thinking, like some other that the evaluation isn’t required. But now I’m thinking I’ll add it just to be safe.

10 hours ago, Briberry said:

Did you do the general evaluation or the course by course? I have a high school diploma, a university degree and two college diplomas from Canada. I just want to make sure I’m not wasting money on the wrong products!

I am past my i94 date and was originally thinking, like some other that the evaluation isn’t required. But now I’m thinking I’ll add it just to be safe.

Just a general evaluation (cheaper option too).

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/9/2020 at 7:46 PM, brainless69 said:

Hoping i won't jinx myself but i sent in all my forms without an equivelency but i did have copies of my GCSE's but didnt bring them over,.The night i was packing i even thought to myself should i bring them over, but thought what would i need them for? Anyway, i took pictures just in case and thats what i printed and used for my i944. My applications have been accepted and are being processed, so i will say at this point the equivelency isnt needed. My dilemma now is i had them sent over by registered post and its been lost in the post! so i'm hoping they dont RFE for the papers....

Did you get an RFE for the equivalency? Just curious for my application

Timeline
2 hours ago, brainless69 said:

so far still nothing

That’s crazy, you still haven’t received an approval or rejection? It’s been a couple months! Did they accept your payment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Briberry said:

That’s crazy, you still haven’t received an approval or rejection? It’s been a couple months! Did they accept your payment?

no approval yet, did receive confirmation and acceptance of the applications about a week after they received them so i think i will be okay. its been 102 days. Just waiting on biometrics appointment letter.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

no approval yet, did receive confirmation and acceptance of the applications about a week after they received them so i think i will be okay. its been 102 days. Just waiting on biometrics appointment letter.

Hopefully you get the biometrics letter soon! Thank you for  taking the time to answer my questions I really appreciate it! I’m just waiting on my high school transcripts and my long form birth certificate (if it’s even available) then I’ll be able to start my AOS journey too 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Briberry said:

Hopefully you get the biometrics letter soon! Thank you for  taking the time to answer my questions I really appreciate it! I’m just waiting on my high school transcripts and my long form birth certificate (if it’s even available) then I’ll be able to start my AOS journey too 😊

no worries, happy to help! its why we are all on this forum right? to share as much information and guidance as possible!

Best of luck with your AOS.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:00 AM, Pharoe40 said:

Hi, I'll let you know how the evaluation turns out. We're still waiting for it to be complete and its taking much longer than we expected. I've checked with other institutes and they either require transcripts or quoting a 6 week turn around. I'm tempted to mail without the evaluation but fear a possible RFE. I hope that your packet does not get an RFE and you can move on with the process

Am I reading this right that you were able to get an evaluation done without transcripts?

We are currently looking into this for degrees from Ecuador, but it is likely that we won't be able to get transcripts right now due to COVID. We already have the diplomas.

Filed: Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, SierraChereka said:

Hello! I have a very similar situation - the degree evaluation has been causing stress and confusion as we work through the AOS documents. My husband is from Ethiopia as well, and we have his documents but cannot figure out how to get the university to mail original official documents right now. I had just decided to ignore the suggestion to include the evaluation with I-944 yesterday, but now I am thinking about using International Education Evaluations LLC to scan the documents and get a "Provisional Evaluation" thanks to your comment. If you get any updates from them, please let me know!

Hi Sierra ... did you submit your i944 with provisional education evaluation report ? if yes, how was your experience ? Did USCIS accept your case without any kind of objection ? I am on the same boat, thinking to get provisional education evaluation for i944 submission. Appreciate your reply.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am confused,

in my case,  do I need an equivalency evaluation for my Australian high school diploma? I do not have a college degree, but I have 2 certifications in construction. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 7/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, Briberry said:

Is the high school diploma needed if I have a university degree?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.