Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
48 minutes ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

Please keep us updated. I’ll probably send an email as well in a few days since haven’t received text or email confirmation from when we sent it on April 22. Maybe it’s a Phoenix lockbox issue?

I have a feeling that they have lost out package in whole because our check is not cashed nor did we receive any text msg. 

your check is cashed so that's a good sign at least they did get your package. I would Call USCIS and they will be able to tell you your receipt number 

May 15, 2020 ROC Mailed Out

May 18, 2020 Delivered Thru USPS

June 4, 2020 Check Cashed & Text Msg Received (WAC Center)

June 17, 2020 NO NOA :(

June 18, 2020 submitted e-request for not getting NOA & assigned to an officer right away

June 19, 2020 officer replied and NOA sent out

June 25, 2020 NOA In mail (yay)

5 hours ago, Angelica48 said:

This is what we  included in our package.

1. Marriage Certificate
  2. Current & Previous DLs/IDs
  3. IRS Tax Transcripts/Returns for 2017, 2018 & 2019
  4. Joint Checking Accounts Statements for 2.5 years
  5. Joint Utility Utility for 23 months
  6. Jointly Owned Motor Vehicles (x2)
  7. Joint Auto Insurance for 3 vehicles
  8. Joint Health, Home & Life Insurances
  9. 401K beneficiary statements
  10. Employers's emergency contact forms
  11. USPS Informed Delivery screenshots showing mail addressed and delivered to our current address 
  12. Joint Travel Details/Itineraries
  13. Photos and family/friends from marriage until January 2020

We also included a summary/explanation of our financial practices/situation.  Mortgage is under hubby's name/credit only.  Most bills are under his name only.  How bills are paid, etc. 

Hope this helps. Don't forget to follow https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips in assembling your package.

Good luck! 👍

Thank you soooo much for this! Great idea in adding a narrative of the financial situation. Most of our bills only allow 1 person to be on the account. We tried calling some but it blows their minds like it’s a super odd request. I will definitely add these to our list. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, anna8888 said:

I have a feeling that they have lost out package in whole because our check is not cashed nor did we receive any text msg. 

your check is cashed so that's a good sign at least they did get your package. I would Call USCIS and they will be able to tell you your receipt number 

I hope they are able to find your package somewhere in their pile. I’ve had it happen before in the post office where it falls behind a table and they locate it eventually. I’ll let you know if they have a case number for us. 

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Timeline
15 hours ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

I hope they are able to find your package somewhere in their pile. I’ve had it happen before in the post office where it falls behind a table and they locate it eventually. I’ll let you know if they have a case number for us. 

Update. Called the USCIS. Agent says we should have received the NOA. So need to send a letter to the lockbox email to get a duplicate distributed. At least got the WAC case number. Took about 30 minutes for the agent to find our file. Bizarre. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

Update. Called the USCIS. Agent says we should have received the NOA. So need to send a letter to the lockbox email to get a duplicate distributed. At least got the WAC case number. Took about 30 minutes for the agent to find our file. Bizarre. 

Great. at least you are able to know the reason why you didn't receive it previously. hope you get your NOA soon!

We also called again this morning, turns out the check is wrong. we did not include a biometrics fee because I thought we didn't have to. they are going to mail us a letter saying how we can resubmit a correct check. but at least, they are able to locate our file and it is not lost. 

hope you get your NOA soon! 

June 18, 2020 submitted e-request for not getting NOA & assigned to an officer right away

Timeline
24 minutes ago, anna8888 said:

Great. at least you are able to know the reason why you didn't receive it previously. hope you get your NOA soon!

We also called again this morning, turns out the check is wrong. we did not include a biometrics fee because I thought we didn't have to. they are going to mail us a letter saying how we can resubmit a correct check. but at least, they are able to locate our file and it is not lost. 

hope you get your NOA soon! 

Thank you. That’s great they were able to locate your case too. Good luck on getting your NOA soon after they get the new check. 

Timeline
On 5/6/2020 at 3:19 PM, iwbltf said:

Hi all, thanks for the advice!

I did call today, and the customer service representative confirmed they had received our packet.  It turns out they've rejected our application due to the check being written for the wrong amount.  They've sent a rejection letter and application back to us in the mail (sent on May 4th), so it should be arrive here in the next few days.  We'll correct the error and send it back in.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient and effective the phone call was.  I had to call in years ago when we were first in the I-129 stage of the K-1 process, and I back then I had to try calling every day for about a week before I got through (and then waited on hold for a ridiculously long time before I could speak to someone).  After listening to all of the menu options this time around, I was immediately connected to a customer service representative, and she was very nice and very helpful.

Hi  My husband's case has the same issue. We called today and found out we wrote the wrong amount for our check. So they are sending a rejection letter and application back to us so we can fix the check and resend them back.

Are you able to receive the rejection letter/application already? Hope you have your checked fixed and they received your case safely. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, anna8888 said:

Hi  My husband's case has the same issue. We called today and found out we wrote the wrong amount for our check. So they are sending a rejection letter and application back to us so we can fix the check and resend them back.

Are you able to receive the rejection letter/application already? Hope you have your checked fixed and they received your case safely. 

We received the rejection letter on Friday, and we sent off the packet with the corrected fee yesterday.  The expected delivery date is tomorrow.  I hope you receive your letter and the following extension soon!

02/14/2017: I-129f sent
02/17/2017: I-129f delivered (TSC)

02/27/2017: NOA1 text/email (transferred to CSC)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, S*UK said:

Us too. Its been over 3 weeks now and still no NOA. Will keep you posted.

Its been 23 days since my packet has been received and I havent received the NOA, today I decided to call the USCIS, i was told that they received my packet on April 20th, and sent the NOA on the 23rd, so i should have it by now, so he said that USPS might have lost it, and also suggested me to email the lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov for a duplicate copy.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Did any April filers get the message that their biometrics had been updated, meaning that their old biometrics had been used for their case?

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

1 minute ago, Chicken7585 said:

Did any April filers get the message that their biometrics had been updated, meaning that their old biometrics had been used for their case?

Not yet, how about you?

I-130 & I-485 (AOS) Concurrent Filing | Approved in 13 months & 10 days

Spoiler

05/27/2017: I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

05/31/2017: Priority Date for I-130 & I-485; Received Date for all 4 cases

06/30/2017: Biometrics completed

07/13/2017: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

09/19/2017: Submitted online case inquiry for EAD

09/20/2017: Approval Date for EAD & AP (117 days from filing date)

09/25/2017: Received hard copy I-797 Notices of Action (EAD & AP)

09/27/2017: Received Combo Card (EAD & AP)

12/27/2017: Submitted online case inquiry/SR for I-485/I-130 

05/17/2018: Received email response re: SR  

05/29/2018: Notice Date for AOS Interview scheduled

07/06/2018: AOS Interview & Approval Date (406 days from filing date) 

07/13/2018: Conditional Green Card in hand (CR6)

I-751 Removal of Conditions (ROC) Filing | Approved in 12 months & 9 days

Spoiler

03/18/2020: USCIS sent Reminder to File Form I-751 notice (sent to old address)

03/31/2020: USPS processed Return to Sender mail to NBC (Reminder to File Form I-751 notice)

04/02/2020: NBC received  Return to Sender mail (Reminder to File Form I-751 notice)

04/06/2020: Received Reminder to File Form I-751 notice in the mail to our current address

04/07/2020: ROC window opens

04/11/2020: I-751 Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox via USPS

04/13/2020: Package delivered to Phoenix Lockbox; Received Date for I-751

04/15/2020: Credit Card charged

04/16/2020: Case was received, assigned to WACNotice Date for I-751

04/17/2020: SMS notification that case was received

04/20/2020: Received hard copy I-797 NOA

09/30/2020: Old fingerprints were applied to ROC application

12/30/2020: SMS/e-mail received that case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction

01/04/2021: Received Transfer Notice to NBC 

04/19/2021: New card is being produced; Approval Notice date (374 days from filing date

04/20/2021: Case was approved notification received

04/21/2021: Card has been mailed to me notification

04/22/2021: I-751 Approval Notice received

04/24/2021: Permanent Green Card in hand (IR6)

N-400 Naturalization Filing | TBD

Spoiler

04/07/2021: N-400 Window opens (based on 3 year residency rule)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Angelica48 said:

Not yet, how about you?

No. But I'm on a Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1508984162719170/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/136428283613729/ and there some of the March filers have had their USCIS statuses update to show fingerprints have been taken.

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

7 minutes ago, Chicken7585 said:

No. But I'm on a Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1508984162719170/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/136428283613729/ and there some of the March filers have had their USCIS statuses update to show fingerprints have been taken.

The March '20 thread here has some filers reporting updated statuses for fingerprints, so only a matter of time. 

Edited by Talako

Finally done.

6 hours ago, thine said:

Its been 23 days since my packet has been received and I havent received the NOA, today I decided to call the USCIS, i was told that they received my packet on April 20th, and sent the NOA on the 23rd, so i should have it by now, so he said that USPS might have lost it, and also suggested me to email the lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov for a duplicate copy.

Exactly the same here. I just emailed them will see what happened with the extension letter in the meantime My case was updated to fingerprint were taken, so I’m extremely confused 🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.