MovingToFlorida

Concerned Coronavirus may cause issues (merged)

233 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Just making sure everyone knows the latest for the Montreal consulate. They are not processing non immigrant visa interviews now due to Coronavirus changes. 

They are still processing immigrant visa interviews for now but may need to reschedule some depending on staffing. 

Ours is next Monday March 23rd. Really hoping it doesn't get rescheduled.

Hey, is that written anywhere? I don't see anything on their website and I didn't get any email either (I have an apt for April 22nd for k1 which is non-immigrant)

https://ca.usembassy.gov/mission-canada-change-in-operations-due-to-covid-19/ 

Nvm found the link for anyone else. 

Best of luck to you, I know from another post that you have a lot at stakes with your whole family and house and all that. I'm feeling thankful that it's just me and my small apartment rent. I hope this goes as smoothly for you as it possibly can :( 

Thanks for the merger mods, it was bothering me how there was thread but I'm new, only been a lurker until now so I wasn't sure what to do or if it was ok to post in them or not.

2 hours ago, MovingToFlorida said:

I would think they will let you in cause of the visa. I'm concerned too if we get our interview we have 6 months or less to enter but technically we are then permanent residents so I'd hope they'd let us in. If not I guess they'd have to make exceptions and extend people's visas? 

They're discussing that in the general thread. I didn't check it since a few days ago. I can't find the exact thread but there should be a few in the Covid or k1 subforum. 

Edit: People in this thread are discussing how k1 are treated as immigrant visa rather than non-immigrant: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/735187-interview-at-montreal-consulate-on-wednesday-updates/ 

This is so confusing. 

Edited by bojek

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, bojek said:

Hey, is that written anywhere? I don't see anything on their website and I didn't get any email either (I have an apt for April 22nd for k1 which is non-immigrant)

https://ca.usembassy.gov/mission-canada-change-in-operations-due-to-covid-19/ 

Nvm found the link for anyone else. 

Best of luck to you, I know from another post that you have a lot at stakes with your whole family and house and all that. I'm feeling thankful that it's just me and my small apartment rent. I hope this goes as smoothly for you as it possibly can :( 

Thanks for the merger mods, it was bothering me how there was thread but I'm new, only been a lurker until now so I wasn't sure what to do or if it was ok to post in them or not.

They're discussing that in the general thread. I didn't check it since a few days ago. I can't find the exact thread but there should be a few in the Covid or k1 subforum. 

Edit: People in this thread are discussing how k1 are treated as immigrant visa rather than non-immigrant: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/735187-interview-at-montreal-consulate-on-wednesday-updates/ 

This is so confusing. 

Thank you! Just a few more days to go, we shall see! Traveling to Montreal (9 hour drive) is a little scary right now too. 

This is very confusing. 

Good luck to you too! 🙂

Edited by MovingToFlorida

Timeline

I got an email late last night from USCIS saying they are closing all in person services at it's field offices, asylum and application support centers until at least April 1st. 

The Montreal Consulate website and facebook page still say only non immigrant interviews are canceled. 

Our interview was March 23rd :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

USCIS and DOS are separate entities......good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

USCIS and DOS are separate entities......good luck.

Ok that's what I thought. The USCIS just processes the applications and schedules interviews. Nothing has changed on the consulate website yet. Thanks!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Uscis doesnt even schedule visa interviews. 

Ok, not sure what interviews they are referring to then. These things are always confusing. I guess we're all ok for now 🤞🏻

Thanks!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Ok, not sure what interviews they are referring to then. These things are always confusing. I guess we're all ok for now 🤞🏻

Thanks!

USCIS schedules Adjustment of Status interviews, citizenship interviews, and ROC interviews........but not visa interviews.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

USCIS schedules Adjustment of Status interviews, citizenship interviews, and ROC interviews........but not visa interviews.

Ok great thank you for the clarification. i was worried! I feel a bit better now. Hoping nothing changes with our interview before next Monday 🤞🏻

Timeline
Just now, MovingToFlorida said:

My interview at Montreal consulate has been canceled. it was supposed to be this coming Monday 💔

I'm sorry to hear that.   Hopefully, things will improve in the near future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
20 minutes ago, bojek said:

my April 22nd appointment for k1 was just cancelled as well 😔 I'm not sure how to cancel my flight right now 

Contact the Airline.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.