MovingToFlorida

Concerned Coronavirus may cause issues (merged)

233 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Pretty sure "my prediction" means exactly that.  They arent saying it will happen, they are guessing what might happen using historical data. 

This is the last post I'll make on the subject. I replied to the original comment about how they "would only open it up to people with cancelled interviews" and "there is no way they'd open it up to everyone." I responded to what was written. No where in that post were the words prediction or guess.

I, like many here, am trying to use historical data to understand the potential outcome. What I don't agree with is posting an opinion as fact on a forum where people come looking for answers. Since this is a forum it's completely valid to open up a discussion wondering why they think they know stuff other people don't. 

I respect DGF's opinion. It's probably correct. That being said people come to this forum from all over the world and some of them do not speak english as their first language. I personally like to double check any answers I put here as I do not want to mislead anyone. If I decide to post an opinion I try to make that clear. I know that, when I started my immigration process, posts like that one would add to my confusion. It's very easy to find multiple answers on this forum from people who are just "predicting." So for people like myself who don't have all the answers I try to point it out when I can so it will hopefully help them find the correct answer.

1 hour ago, jackanddeona said:

This is the last post I'll make on the subject. I replied to the original comment about how they "would only open it up to people with cancelled interviews" and "there is no way they'd open it up to everyone." I responded to what was written. No where in that post were the words prediction or guess.

I, like many here, am trying to use historical data to understand the potential outcome. What I don't agree with is posting an opinion as fact on a forum where people come looking for answers. Since this is a forum it's completely valid to open up a discussion wondering why they think they know stuff other people don't. 

I respect DGF's opinion. It's probably correct. That being said people come to this forum from all over the world and some of them do not speak english as their first language. I personally like to double check any answers I put here as I do not want to mislead anyone. If I decide to post an opinion I try to make that clear. I know that, when I started my immigration process, posts like that one would add to my confusion. It's very easy to find multiple answers on this forum from people who are just "predicting." So for people like myself who don't have all the answers I try to point it out when I can so it will hopefully help them find the correct answer.

You're in the Canada forum where french or english are normal.  This is dealing with Canada. The post YOU quoted that I replied to had my prediction written in there.  

Im glad youre not responding though as this is getting pretty off topic. Maybe go for a walk? Do something to help get away from the madness that is now. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
8 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You're in the Canada forum where french or english are normal.  This is dealing with Canada. The post YOU quoted that I replied to had my prediction written in there.  

Im glad youre not responding though as this is getting pretty off topic. Maybe go for a walk? Do something to help get away from the madness that is now. 

I dont really know why you are interjecting yourself on all of my posts. I didnt even quote you. I responded to DGF. I'm aware you're a moderator but I wasn't aggressive or rude. I actually stated I think that's the correct opinion

You and DGF are the ones implying I'm lacking intelligence in my posts and I'm not really sure why.

21 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

I dont really know why you are interjecting yourself on all of my posts. I didnt even quote you. I responded to DGF. I'm aware you're a moderator but I wasn't aggressive or rude. I actually stated I think that's the correct opinion

You and DGF are the ones implying I'm lacking intelligence in my posts and I'm not really sure why.

I didn't say that at all. I think your posts are intelligent and well written.  I think you're being defensive needlessly at this point but that's your choice. 

I take everything on a forum as opinion unless there are government links or other well established links to back up facts.  Since I've been here since 2012, and countless other forums, this has served me well.  Just a thought. Take it as you wish.  Also Im not a mod. Just an organizer. I literally just move threads lol. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
15 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I didn't say that at all. I think your posts are intelligent and well written.  I think you're being defensive needlessly at this point but that's your choice. 

I take everything on a forum as opinion unless there are government links or other well established links to back up facts.  Since I've been here since 2012, and countless other forums, this has served me well.  Just a thought. Take it as you wish.  Also Im not a mod. Just an organizer. I literally just move threads lol. 

Well it seems we both are since I never actually questioned the validity of your prediction just the wording used to describe it. 

I too have been on countless other forums as well as in positions where I helped people get access to the information they needed and I learned that words matter and generally giving an abundance of info as well as making sure they were aware of the difference between the facts and opinions you are giving is key. This forum isn't like most self help forums I've seen where generally everyone is like minded. There are a lot of people that are clearly uncomfortable with the whole process and are looking for help.

I do agree with you it would be easier to have that approach but I would rather be the person who points out as many errors and facts as possible. When I got here and started reading it was incredibly overwhelming. I think people like you forget that since you have already been through the whole process and have been posting here for years. 

Edited by jackanddeona

Timeline

You guys are "predicting", so would like to predict that..

Don't you think that it need to get proof of coronavirus negative all immigrant and non-immigrant visa cases? before interview...?

well, it would be guessing not predicting...

I'm checking AIS and CEAC everyday. 

2 hours ago, Kay__ said:

Don't you think that it need to get proof of coronavirus negative all immigrant and non-immigrant visa cases? before interview...?

Thats possible. 

13 hours ago, Kay__ said:

Proof that you are negative before entry? Yeah, I think that's possible. They'd have someone at the door test people for the virus.

I think whatever proceedings they do at airports will apply to embassies (for the most part. Obviously not going to include potential solutions like seat distancing)

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, DGF said:

When they moved and had to cancel interviews, they contacted those with cancelled interviews with a list of dates and told them to pick one. This choice was limited only to those that had their interviews cancelled, and not to everyone that was waiting. My prediction, which was specifically for if we have to reschedule our own interviews (it is equally as likely that they will reschedule them for us), was a hybrid of how they handled that situation and their normal process for rescheduling missed interviews (through AIS). And right now, a prediction based on how they've handled missed/cancelled interviews in the past is as good as we're going to get. 

If you can provide data to back up that they will completely abandon their normal rescheduling processes as a result of this, I'd love to see it. 

Thank you for this info. I hope they do the same thing this time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/22/2020 at 4:48 PM, Dobbie said:

Trump's new order - if it passes through the Supreme Court - effects K1 visas despite it being non-immigrant? I am guessing so...

Condolences to anyone effected by this via other visas...

It does effect K1? I thought otherwise. Is it because K1 is not considered family of US citizens yet?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, :Sarah: said:

It does effect K1? I thought otherwise. Is it because K1 is not considered family of US citizens yet?

The current interpretation is that K1 is not affected since it is a non-immigrant visa. However, there is the potential for another executive order that covers non-immigrant visas and no one knows if that'll happen or if K1 will be exempted if it does.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 10:52 AM, Dobbie said:

With schools and businesses planning to re-open at the end of the month in Montreal, is there hope that the embassy and MediSys will resume business in June as currently planned?

Who really knows...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No way to know but let's hope! (As long as it's done responsibly by following good health directives and protocols). Montreal unfortunately has one of the worst outbreak in the country if not the worst though it's mostly in elder care homes. It's really sad what's happening. I think businesses are supposed to start opening up May 25th? It was today the 11th but they postponed to the 19th and now it's the 25th.

I hope things happen sooner than later though, I lost my job due to lack of work so I really wish I could have my visa and be able to join my fiance. :(

Stay safe and take care.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.