MovingToFlorida

Concerned Coronavirus may cause issues (merged)

233 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

1.  You might have to pay for new medical appointments.  That's just the reality of the situation.  You have no control over that, and worrying about it is not helpful to your stressful situation.

2.  The consulate is now in control of the interview date.  NVC is no longer in the picture.  

3.  If you are unclear of the reschedule options, email the consulate for instructions.  In my opinion, the consulate will likely reschedule the interviews based on the order in which they were originally scheduled.

Right now, the only thing you can do is wait it out.......good luck.

I dod email the consulate and all they said is they will contact us with rescheduling instructions/information. 

I am expecting to have to re do the medicals. thats just a lot of money and time as the doctor is not near us. what a waste of time and money. 

I just hope we can get answers on that because it seems when we email the consulate they just send vague answers that don't really answer anything. I don't want to assume anything. I don't want to assume we don't need to redo medicals and be turned down at the interview and I don't want to go and get them redone and spend all that money if we don't have to redo them. 

I just wish things were more clear and it was easier to communicate with the consulate. They don't answer phone calls. Email is so hard to interpret when they are so vague. 

1 hour ago, MovingToFlorida said:

I dod email the consulate and all they said is they will contact us with rescheduling instructions/information. 

I am expecting to have to re do the medicals. thats just a lot of money and time as the doctor is not near us. what a waste of time and money. 

I just hope we can get answers on that because it seems when we email the consulate they just send vague answers that don't really answer anything. I don't want to assume anything. I don't want to assume we don't need to redo medicals and be turned down at the interview and I don't want to go and get them redone and spend all that money if we don't have to redo them. 

I just wish things were more clear and it was easier to communicate with the consulate. They don't answer phone calls. Email is so hard to interpret when they are so vague. 

Unfortunately, they do not know when they will be able to operate normally.  I think it is prudent of them to not pretend things will be done in a certain way, or by a certain date.  Who knows if the medical validity will exceptionnaly be extended, or shortened...   Stay safe.  Best of luck. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

Unfortunately, they do not know when they will be able to operate normally.  I think it is prudent of them to not pretend things will be done in a certain way, or by a certain date.  Who knows if the medical validity will exceptionnaly be extended, or shortened...   Stay safe.  Best of luck. 

I understand they don't know when they will be operating normal again. I just hope it's easy to get answers when the time comes so we all know what we need to do. They aren't easy to communicate with and many people will be asking questions when the time comes. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, MovingToFlorida said:

So I am worried the consulate will not be rescheduling appointments and we will have to do it ourselves which worries me because what if other people way behind us get on and get an interview date 1st and we get pushed way back in line again when we were right at the front?

If they were to ask people to reschedule their own interviews, they would only make it available to people who had their interviews cancelled. They closed March 17th and had scheduled to the end of April, which means at most there's 4-6 weeks worth of people vying for a new spot. There's no way they'd open it up to everyone waiting because that would be months and months of people and would cause chaos. So there's no need to worry about being pushed way back in line. I know a lot of things are up in the air right now and it's stressful, but as much as we want to be their main focus, they have more important things to worry about right now and they will give more detailed instructions when they can. Try your best not to think about it and instead focus on taking care of yourself and your family and just getting through the next little while as best you can. 

Edited by DGF

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
21 minutes ago, DGF said:

If they were to ask people to reschedule their own interviews, they would only make it available to people who had their interviews cancelled. They closed March 17th and had scheduled to the end of April, which means at most there's 4-6 weeks worth of people vying for a new spot. There's no way they'd open it up to everyone waiting because that would be months and months of people and would cause chaos. So there's no need to worry about being pushed way back in line. I know a lot of things are up in the air right now and it's stressful, but as much as we want to be their main focus, they have more important things to worry about right now and they will give more detailed instructions when they can. Try your best not to think about it and instead focus on taking care of yourself and your family and just getting through the next little while as best you can. 

That's a good point. I hope that's what they do if we have to schedule ourselves again. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Kay__ said:

I checked CEAC web site status.. My case has been updated on March 26 2020. My cancelled interview date is march 20th. so, at least they are concerning cancelled appointments I assuming..

Sorry can you clarify? What has your case been updated to?  NVC was where my case was before we got our interview appointment. Is that where you checked your status?

Timeline
7 hours ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Sorry can you clarify? What has your case been updated to?  NVC was where my case was before we got our interview appointment. Is that where you checked your status?

i Think so.. I've checked CEAC.state.gov website very often. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 2:55 PM, Dobbie said:

My medical and interview were cancelled. I have every other documentation. I am hoping they extend the viability of the petition and certificates.

If not, if they open up for a bit somehow, I am hoping the visa stamp can be viable longer.

NOA2 for an I129F will be automatically extended. Visa stamps are tied directly to your medical so thats not a possibility. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance had his interview 3/11 but got 221(g) and sent his passport with the requested documents.

We had 1 date update on 3/18 without status change and nothing since then.

I know I'm supposed to wait till like second week of May to officially ask them since that falls out of normal timeline for administrative processing,

but I just sent in an email to Montreal consulate and I will let you guys know if I get anything back.

When my fiance called after the interview to check if they received everything okay, they told him they were still working except interviews.

So, I guess I will see when he gets his visa or when the status of our case changes.

Fingers crossed guys! looks like alot of your guys are waiting schedule and reschedule your interviews. Good luck!

Timeline
On 3/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, DGF said:

Honestly there is no way you can say that. There are any number of possibilities that could happen when this resumes. That makes the most sense from a fairness perspective but just looking at the uscis system of some centers being over a year and some 5 months they dont necessarily organize by what is fair. 

That all being said there is no point worrying about what can happen. Everyone just has to wait and see and adjust as needed. There is more than enough to worry about right now without thinking about things that are completely out of your control at the moment. 

My hope is that if and when they do resume interviews they hopefully dedicate some more resources to working through the larger backlog of people waiting regardless of how they do it. I can dream right?

Timeline
2 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

Honestly there is no way you can say that. There are any number of possibilities that could happen when this resumes. That makes the most sense from a fairness perspective but just looking at the uscis system of some centers being over a year and some 5 months they dont necessarily organize by what is fair. 

That all being said there is no point worrying about what can happen. Everyone just has to wait and see and adjust as needed. There is more than enough to worry about right now without thinking about things that are completely out of your control at the moment. 

My hope is that if and when they do resume interviews they hopefully dedicate some more resources to working through the larger backlog of people waiting regardless of how they do it. I can dream right?

When they moved and had to cancel interviews, they contacted those with cancelled interviews with a list of dates and told them to pick one. This choice was limited only to those that had their interviews cancelled, and not to everyone that was waiting. My prediction, which was specifically for if we have to reschedule our own interviews (it is equally as likely that they will reschedule them for us), was a hybrid of how they handled that situation and their normal process for rescheduling missed interviews (through AIS). And right now, a prediction based on how they've handled missed/cancelled interviews in the past is as good as we're going to get. 

If you can provide data to back up that they will completely abandon their normal rescheduling processes as a result of this, I'd love to see it. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
4 hours ago, DGF said:

When they moved and had to cancel interviews, they contacted those with cancelled interviews with a list of dates and told them to pick one. This choice was limited only to those that had their interviews cancelled, and not to everyone that was waiting. My prediction, which was specifically for if we have to reschedule our own interviews (it is equally as likely that they will reschedule them for us), was a hybrid of how they handled that situation and their normal process for rescheduling missed interviews (through AIS). And right now, a prediction based on how they've handled missed/cancelled interviews in the past is as good as we're going to get. 

If you can provide data to back up that they will completely abandon their normal rescheduling processes as a result of this, I'd love to see it. 

I didnt offer a scenario because I dont know one. I only pointed out that assuming something would happen does mean it will. I agreed that your option would make sense. That doesnt mean you are correct in saying it will happen. You may be at the end of the day but until they state that is the case you stating your prediction as it will happen isnt correct. 

Maybe in the future if you are predicting dont use words like this will happen and say I believe it will.

8 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

I didnt offer a scenario because I dont know one. I only pointed out that assuming something would happen does mean it will. I agreed that your option would make sense. That doesnt mean you are correct in saying it will happen. You may be at the end of the day but until they state that is the case you stating your prediction as it will happen isnt correct. 

Maybe in the future if you are predicting dont use words like this will happen and say I believe it will.

Pretty sure "my prediction" means exactly that.  They arent saying it will happen, they are guessing what might happen using historical data. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.