MovingToFlorida

Concerned Coronavirus may cause issues (merged)

233 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Just the person with the VISA needs to enter the US and can turn right around and leave.  That will use the visa and get you an I-551 stamp good for a year,

Thank you. My concern is more that they won't let us enter the US at all if things het bad enough and borders close. I know I'm probably worrying too much. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

With Italy closing their borders the consulates are doing only "emergency" services. I didnt see that visa interviews are cancelled but it seems to imply they are. Does anyone know? We should be interviewing this summer and it would be terrible if we were delayed due to a backlog. By the way, I have a flight there on Saturday and it hasn't been cancelled by the airline yet. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, MelissaHussain said:

With Italy closing their borders the consulates are doing only "emergency" services. I didnt see that visa interviews are cancelled but it seems to imply they are. Does anyone know? We should be interviewing this summer and it would be terrible if we were delayed due to a backlog. By the way, I have a flight there on Saturday and it hasn't been cancelled by the airline yet. 

I have no idea. I'm sorry that is worrisome. I hope it's not and nobody has delays. I'm hoping Montreal isn't doing to cancel interviews any time soon either. Our interview is the 23rd of March. Still 1.5 weeks away. Who knows what state everything will be in by then or after. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, MelissaHussain said:

Update: the embassies in italy have confirmed visa interviews are cancelled unless deemed emergency. 😭😭

1 hour ago, MovingToFlorida said:

I have no idea. I'm sorry that is worrisome. I hope it's not and nobody has delays. I'm hoping Montreal isn't doing to cancel interviews any time soon either. Our interview is the 23rd of March. Still 1.5 weeks away. Who knows what state everything will be in by then or after. 

Ultimately no one truly knows the breadth of disruption that this virus my bring upon the world. You can't control what you can't control and if things deteriorated, breaking down societies, then getting a GC may not be on your top 10 list.

One thing for sure you and countless thousands, (me included) will be affected and one day when things return to normal, as they will.... we will pick up on our suspended lives; to move forward once again. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tesco said:

Ultimately no one truly knows the breadth of disruption that this virus my bring upon the world. You can't control what you can't control and if things deteriorated, breaking down societies, then getting a GC may not be on your top 10 list.

One thing for sure you and countless thousands, (me included) will be affected and one day when things return to normal, as they will.... we will pick up on our suspended lives; to move forward once again. 

I agree not much we can do. If I wasn't at interview stage I would just accept there will be a delay and eventually things would carry on again. But seeing we've already paid $1000 for our medicals. our interview is less than 2 weeks. I'll have to try and sell my house and move during this craziness hoping there aren't delays that prevent me from moving before my Visa expires and not knowing what would happen is super stressful. Definitely making a stressful situation more stressful. 

Timeline

Well they just announced Ontario schools are shut down till April 6th. 

Our interview is scheduled for Monday March 23rd. I'm a little worried they may cancel the interview or shut the consulate down!

Anyone else concerned? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It will be a US government call if they shut down. They don't always follow the same precautions of the country there are located in. Hope you find out soon. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

It will be a US government call if they shut down. They don't always follow the same precautions of the country there are located in. Hope you find out soon. 

Oh you're right! I didn't think of that. Good point thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/10/2020 at 10:45 PM, MelissaHussain said:

Update: the embassies in italy have confirmed visa interviews are cancelled unless deemed emergency. 😭😭

Were you sent an email about it (if you already had your interview scheduled)? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, bojek said:

Were you sent an email about it (if you already had your interview scheduled)? 

No but it's on the Embassy webpage that all consulates are reduced to emergency services only.

My Husband is Canadaian and he will be flying to US next friday for 2 days

I didnt heard anything about ban from Canada and US or vise versa?

Anyone?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not yet as far as I know if he hasn't traveled outside of the US and Canada. Would avoid any travel if it's avoidable as we don't know when that might change, situation is evolving really quickly and this morning JT announced they might consider closing the border. (Might have changed, I looked a couple hours ago...things are changing so fast.) Good luck! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Dfaye said:

My interview is on the 25th and I’m just trying my hardest not to think about it too much! But I 100% understand where you’re coming from.

Positive thoughts we both get to our interviews and no other issues or delays. I just can't believe we waited 13yrs to get this far and we are so ckose and there is a pandemic of all things!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.