MovingToFlorida

Concerned Coronavirus may cause issues (merged)

233 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/16/2020 at 7:16 AM, Canada+2USA said:

It’s still open! The interview went well. It’s a very quick process just more sitting and waiting for your number to be called.

...may your passports be returned quickly...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview for next Monday was canceled for Montreal. They sent 2 emails and I am confused. 

Email 1 said it was canceled and they would send info on when/how to reschedule. 

Later in the day email 2 said it was canceled but told us how to reschedule. 

NVC scheduled our 1st appointment but now that it was canceled do we reschedule it ourselves? 

Also can we reschedule now? The website still says they are doing immigrant visa interviews but will be rescheduling some due to staffing.

Are they asking us to book again to spread appointments out? 

And just don't understand if I'm supposed to reschedule it myself and if I can do it now. 

Please see attached screenshots of emails. 

What do you think?  I don't want to wait and assume I'm waiting on the consulate if I should be rebooking now. 

Screenshot_20200318-153822_Messages_1584560478844.jpg

Screenshot_20200318-153830_Messages_1584560540104.jpg

Timeline
34 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Our interview for next Monday was canceled for Montreal. They sent 2 emails and I am confused. 

Email 1 said it was canceled and they would send info on when/how to reschedule. 

Later in the day email 2 said it was canceled but told us how to reschedule. 

NVC scheduled our 1st appointment but now that it was canceled do we reschedule it ourselves? 

Also can we reschedule now? The website still says they are doing immigrant visa interviews but will be rescheduling some due to staffing.

Are they asking us to book again to spread appointments out? 

And just don't understand if I'm supposed to reschedule it myself and if I can do it now. 

Please see attached screenshots of emails. 

What do you think?  I don't want to wait and assume I'm waiting on the consulate if I should be rebooking now. 

Screenshot_20200318-153822_Messages_1584560478844.jpg

Screenshot_20200318-153830_Messages_1584560540104.jpg

Well I tried to reschedule and the site says no available appointments at Montreal at this time. Still unsure what to wait for or do. I've emailed them. Hopefully they respond soon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

let us know what response you get. We had interview scheduled on Monday and it's now cancelled too. I also got same emails as you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello.... I'm very confusing US consulate montreal web page now says, Cancelling all routine immigrant visa interview..

I've not got ant email from them yet.!!!! my flight is tmmrw and now I'm very anxious......

Timeline
2 hours ago, dee&vee said:

let us know what response you get. We had interview scheduled on Monday and it's now cancelled too. I also got same emails as you

Will do! I'm also concerned about  criminal checks and medicals expiring before the new appointment. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Kay__ said:

Hello.... I'm very confusing US consulate montreal web page now says, Cancelling all routine immigrant visa interview..

I've not got ant email from them yet.!!!! my flight is tmmrw and now I'm very anxious......

I see they changed it because it used to say they were processing immigrant interviews. I would say it's cancelled. maybe check your junk or spam emails? 

Timeline
Just now, MovingToFlorida said:

I see they changed it because it used to say they were processing immigrant interviews. I would say it's cancelled. maybe check your junk or spam emails? 

I checked junk or spam mail too. but I want to make clear.. need to call montreal tommorrw vary early...

i'm on CR-1. help me God..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kay__ said:

I checked junk or spam mail too. but I want to make clear.. need to call montreal tommorrw vary early...

i'm on CR-1. help me God..

I don't know if you'll be able to call as I always hear they don't take calls only emails but definitely try! I'm so sorry I know this is so stressful and horrible. sending you lots of luck! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MovingToFlorida said:

I don't know if you'll be able to call as I always hear they don't take calls only emails but definitely try! I'm so sorry I know this is so stressful and horrible. sending you lots of luck! 

Thank you so much.. I would not cancel my flight, I will just try.. thank you for your Luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just called NVC. They told me that Montreal will reschedule the appointment if yours was cancelled. So we don’t need to schedule appointment ourselves and should ignore the email that had a link to re-schedule. It was probably just system generated email. NVC also said they don’t have any timeline on when Montreal will reschedule us. Everything depends on how soon things go back to normal. 

Edited by dee&vee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks a lot for that update. 

My flight was easily cancellable (for credits) online luckily. I was scared it would be a problem since I booked on Kayak (with Air Canada) and you can't directly do the cancellation it if you have a 3rd party seller ticket but I guess Kayak is just a portal and actually books you directly with the airline (vs like Expedia). Was afraid I'd have to call too, it might have calmed down since but a few days ago with the border closure news, I've heard of 48 hours wait times on their phone lines...That's insane! Anyways, the credit will be valid til December 31st, which I imagine they will extend if all of this gets much worse and lasts a long time but hopefully not...

If you have a medical scheduled at Medysis you might want to email them. Their clinics are closed until further notice and I was not emailed or contacted about it. I  found out by getting an autoreply when I wrote to them to say I would cancel but a few minutes later an actual person replied confirming my cancellation. 

Edited by bojek

Timeline
2 hours ago, dee&vee said:

Just called NVC. They told me that Montreal will reschedule the appointment if yours was cancelled. So we don’t need to schedule appointment ourselves and should ignore the email that had a link to re-schedule. It was probably just system generated email. NVC also said they don’t have any timeline on when Montreal will reschedule us. Everything depends on how soon things go back to normal. 

Thank you for this! Just wait and see for now I guess. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.