SA M

Sister denied visa

17 posts in this topic

I am a green card holder living in usa! My parents have a 5 year b2 visa! I tried applying for my sister but she was denied and was told that she does not have any ties to the home country! Shes unmarried and a doctor by profession and working back in home country! After the denial she visited me in germany since I was there few years back for my masters and returned before expiration of visa! Will this evidence help her if she applies again since now she has a travel history for schengen state plus has a job now! I would be really thankful if anyone could suggest Me how can i help her get the visit visa? Or any specific documents that could help her with interview or info on ds 160? 

2 hours ago, Muhammad Bilal said:

how can i help her get the visit visa? Or any specific documents that could help her with interview or info on ds 160? 

You can't help her. That is not how visitor visas for the US works. Only the applicant must apply and it must be on their merits. You nor anybody else can do anything to ensure she gets a visa.

Having somebody in the US to help a foreigner get a visitor visa is the biggest misconception with foreigners. 

Your sister can apply again but she has a high risk of being denied again. Nothing you yourself can do about it.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

You can not apply for your sister! She applies for herself!

There is no magic document! She just applies and finds out!

I know this and what i meant was she will be applying for herself but generally any suggestions to have a better chance of visa like employment letter or any such thing!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like she as applied before and will be aware of the questions asked which includes Employment information, so they know that before she gets to the window. She can take whatever she wants, she should be aware that documentation is rarely looked at.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Unlockable said:

You can't help her. That is not how visitor visas for the US works. Only the applicant must apply and it must be on their merits. You nor anybody else can do anything to ensure she gets a visa.

Having somebody in the US to help a foreigner get a visitor visa is the biggest misconception with foreigners. 

Your sister can apply again but she has a high risk of being denied again. Nothing you yourself can do about it.

I know me being in USA wont help her that iS why i am asking about documents and evidences she can use to prove and reasons she can give to prove her returning like return tickets etc. I wanted to know is there any specific reason which she can avoid or any possible way to show ties to her home country country except for employment letter!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The Consulate specifically states not to buy tickets without an approved visa, and anyway that would be a significant sum to risk.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

57 minutes ago, Muhammad Bilal said:

I know this and what i meant was she will be applying for herself but generally any suggestions to have a better chance of visa like employment letter or any such thing!  

54 minutes ago, Muhammad Bilal said:

I know me being in USA wont help her that iS why i am asking about documents and evidences she can use to prove and reasons she can give to prove her returning like return tickets etc. I wanted to know is there any specific reason which she can avoid or any possible way to show ties to her home country country except for employment letter!

They already have her employment information. Like @Boiler stated, there is no document or list of documents that can get her approved. Return tickets are not strong ties to her country. No why? Because she can cancel the return ticket at any time. The main selling point to for her to show that she has strong ties to her country and has no desire to eventually overstay in the US. And we are not talking her overstaying on this trip. We are talking about anytime in the future that she may overstay. It could be 5 years from now that she may decide to use that visitor visa to come over and stay. For example, if she is young and single she has a higher chance of "leaving everything behind" so to speak.

But you are not going to find a method of documents or evidence that will guarantee her a B2 visa. Visitor visas are never guaranteed. And there are people who never receive one.

Best she can do is try again.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

How long ago was she rejected? Does she have a stable job now? The timelines are not clear from your post. 

7 hours ago, Muhammad Bilal said:

After the denial she visited me in germany since I was there few years back for my masters and returned before expiration of visa! Will this evidence help her if she applies again since now she has a travel history for schengen state plus has a job now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

If she owns a home or has a long-term lease in her name, that could help show ties to her home country.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

8 hours ago, Fzsarn said:

If she is a doctor , apply for Medical training visa in USA also called B1/B2 visa . I applied for my Doctor sister and she got it 

You have to apply admission for her in USA hospital for Training program 

Can you share a bit if detail about training?

15 hours ago, Fzsarn said:

If she is a doctor , apply for Medical training visa in USA also called B1/B2 visa . I applied for my Doctor sister and she got it 

You didn’t applied for her...She applied for herself.  

Edited by Downloader

15 hours ago, Fzsarn said:

Please be careful with statements like this. It is misleading. A person can NOT apply for another person's visitor visa. You did not apply for your sister, she applied for herself.

6 hours ago, Muhammad Bilal said:

Can you share a bit if detail about training?

Be careful with misinformation like this. A person can NOT apply for another person's  visitor visa. It simply does not work like that. Below is the official link to the visitor visa process from the US government. No where on that site does it say that a 3rd party can apply for a applicants visitor visa. We know you want your sister to come but don't let that make you receptive to bad advise because of false hope.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Edited by Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.