dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fergie876 said:

Do u knw case that say the same thing and they only upload the decree and get through?

I uploaded my divorce decree and i got documentarily Qualified... They don't care about your Ex Marriage Certificate, it's not needed... all they need is for the previous marriage to be legally terminated, and the proof is the divorce decree. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Fergie876 said:

Do they need both

They need your marriage certificate and if you are divorced, your divorce certificate also (eventhough it was all given to USCIS before).

We also uploaded my husband's divorce certificate (since both of us were previously married, and so both divorced and remaried 🤪)

(my husband is the US citizen and petitioner).

Take care Fergie!

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

1 minute ago, Alix64 said:

They need your marriage certificate and if you are divorced, your divorce certificate also (eventhough it was all given to USCIS before).

We also uploaded my husband's divorce certificate (since both of us were previously married, and so both divorced and remaried 🤪)

(my husband is the US citizen and petitioner).

Take care Fergie!

I knw but I thought they need my 1st marriage certificate also with the decree

70744892-5FE6-4B41-B4E2-88F3BA6C9895.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fergie876 said:

Question one of my civil documents say 1st marriage certificate-decree . Do I have to upload my first marriage certificate or it just my decree?

on the travel.state. gov there is a  page with instructions for specific embassies. In our case if need proof of divorce they ask for divorce certificate if divorced berofe 2010, and decree if after 2010. my point is try to look it up specifically for your country. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/KEV-Kyiv.html#med_exam_instructions this is where I found ukraine instructions

if you don`t find the answer and if you have both, I`d upload both. in our case we have marriage certificate and divorce decree so who knows.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fergie876 said:

Question one of my civil documents say 1st marriage certificate-decree . Do I have to upload my first marriage certificate or it just my decree?

ok. i guess i misunderstood. we are going to upload only divorce decree from the previous marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Yes, it feels good they are now reviewing January files...

Capture d’écran 2020-03-09 à 17.08.11.png

Maybe fewer people were submitting documents over the holidays.  I hope they keep up the pace!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Is anyone else worried about the corona virus impacting their cases?  My husband is from Japan and I'm worried they could close the embassies or put issuing new visas on hold if it continues to spread.  

Just one more thing about this process to keep me up at night!😩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.