Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

The "Ready" condition is that the file is at the embassy and they are preparing to contact the beneficiary with their "letter", which is commonly referred to as the P3 letter. These will be the instructions as to what documents, what forms need to be completed, the interview payment and scheduling as well as indicating that the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application should be completed prior to the interview. 

Only some people are getting that letter in India weeks after " Ready" status. Some hospitals are refusing to schedule medicals without that letter. The embassy is always giving the same canned automated response. Not sure when this craziness will end.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Timeline
On 11/17/2020 at 3:55 PM, Greenbaum said:

No need to feel nervous. If you have come this far than you are a part of the 98% approvals. You really at this stage must have demonstrated that you are a "really bad" guy. So, relax. Fill out the paperwork and go to the interview. BTW most are only in front of the CO for 5 min because the CO has already made up their minds on your case.

Really?? So nothing to be nervous about for interviews as long as you have a legitimate relationship then? :)

43 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

Really?? So nothing to be nervous about for interviews as long as you have a legitimate relationship then? :)

I was replying to someone who will interview in UAE which is not a difficult embassy like others. Most legitimate relationships can and will be approved. There is a small portion that don't but in life there are no guarantees except death and taxes. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Finally a tiny glimmer of hope in our case. I have called the NVC a couple of times this year asking how I can get our petition to Colombia instead of Peru, since the petition is still at NVC for about 7 months now. The first time I contacted them (July), they told me I would have to wait until my petition was in Lima and submit a request. I gave it some time to see if Lima’s embassy would open, since we weren’t really in a rush due to covid. A couple of months passed and Lima remain closed (they are still closed!). Called again and got basically the same answer. 

I called last night once again and got a very nice rep on the phone. I explained our situation and he told me that I only needed to submit a request on the Ask NVC portion of the website. He told me exactly what I needed to say and that once they receive it they can process my request. I am crossing my fingers that it will actually be done and our petition will go to Colombia. Colombia is, very slowly, beginning to process some visas again. I think we still have a long road ahead but I will rest a little easier just knowing that Colombia will receive our petition. It would be great to see it actually leave the NVC, even if the embassy is not processing us yet. At least we will have a spot in line. 

Patience and persistence is key. I am hoping for good news in 2021 for all of us. Happy new year everyone!

Edited by Bri&Alejandro

22 minutes ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Finally, a tiny glimmer of hope in our case. I have called the NVC a couple of times this year asking how I can get our petition to Colombia instead of Peru, since the petition is still at NVC for about 7 months now. The first time I contacted them (July), they told me I would have to wait until my petition was in Lima and submit a request. I gave it some time to see if Lima’s embassy would open, since we weren’t really in a rush due to covid. A couple of months passed, and Lima remain closed (they are still closed!). Called again and got basically the same answer. 

I called last night once again and got a very nice rep on the phone. I explained our situation and he told me that I only needed to submit a request on the Ask NVC portion of the website. He told me exactly what I needed to say and that once they receive it, they can process my request. I am crossing my fingers that it will actually be done and our petition will go to Colombia. Colombia is, very slowly, beginning to process some visas again. I think we still have a long road ahead, but I will rest a little easier just knowing that Colombia will receive our petition. It would be great to see it actually leave the NVC, even if the embassy is not processing us yet. At least we will have a spot in line. 

Patience and persistence is key. I am hoping for good news in 2021 for all of us. Happy new year everyone!

Can you provide the instructions that were given on what to say, who to address to and what to put in the subject line? Others will appreciate your help. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Can you provide the instructions that were given on what to say, who to address to and what to put in the subject line? Others will appreciate your help. 

Sure, I’m happy to help. Full discretion, these are the instructions given by just this one person I spoke with. We can only hope that this will actually work. 

They stated that I should put in the request via the Public Inquiry Form

- Go to NVC.state.gov/inquiry

- Fill out the necessary information

- In box titled “Type your question below” I was instructed to write exactly the following: “I am the petitioner and I wish to change the interview location to ______. Attached is principal applicant’s proof of residency for _______.”

- Add proof of residency using the attachments. This can be a residency card or the bio page of principal applicant’s passport. 

For my case specifically, I was instructed to write that I wish to change the interview location to Caracas Venezuela, despite the fact that we do not have an operating embassy in Caracas currently. The agent said that I had to put Venezuela because my fiancé’s passport is for Venezuela, but they will know that it is going to Bogota. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Sure, I’m happy to help. Full discretion, these are the instructions given by just this one person I spoke with. We can only hope that this will actually work. 

- In box titled “Type your question below” I was instructed to write exactly the following: “I am the petitioner and I wish to change the interview location to ______. Attached is principal applicant’s proof of residency for _______.”

- Add proof of residency using the attachments. This can be a residency card or the bio page of principal applicant’s passport. 

For my case specifically, I was instructed to write that I wish to change the interview location to Caracas Venezuela, despite the fact that we do not have an operating embassy in Caracas currently. The agent said that I had to put Venezuela because my fiancé’s passport is for Venezuela, but they will know that it is going to Bogota. 

*Bookmarked

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Our physical file arrived at the embassy a month ago but they told me they have to wait for the electronic record to arrive. Supposedly our electronic record was sent to them back in September. So it seems to me it was just lost. What can I possibly do? I keep contacting the embassy and they just tell me they'll notify me when the electronic record arrives but I feel like that could take another year at this rate.

5 hours ago, RV2019 said:

Our physical file arrived at the embassy a month ago, but they told me they have to wait for the electronic record to arrive. Supposedly our electronic record was sent to them back in September. So, it seems to me it was just lost. What can I possibly do? I keep contacting the embassy and they just tell me they'll notify me when the electronic record arrives, but I feel like that could take another year at this rate.

Contact NVC and see if they have sent both the paper and the electronic file. Tier two agents will have this information.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 1/1/2021 at 11:10 PM, Bri&Alejandro said:

Just wanted to chime in and let you all know that my request was granted today! I received an email from NVC stating that they have moved our petition. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Finally got our interview date! February 23rd. 

On 1/6/2021 at 5:48 AM, Bri&Alejandro said:

Just wanted to chime in and let you all know that my request was granted today! I received an email from NVC stating that they have moved our petition. :)

Congratulations! 

Timeline
On 1/11/2021 at 12:31 AM, RV2019 said:

Finally got our interview date! February 23rd. 

Congratulations! 

Awesome news!!

Every day we are one step closer. I can’t wait for my day to come!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everybody, wondering if anybody can help me. I got my noa 2 letter at the beginning of March. I was trying to do the next step and pay the fees but the NVC never sent me a welcome letter. I have the case number but I do not have the invoice id number. I have been trying to call the NVC at 603-334-0700 but it doesn't ring. Anybody know how I could get this invoice id number? @Greenbaum 

51 minutes ago, StarSeed1 said:

Hey everybody, wondering if anybody can help me. I got my noa 2 letter at the beginning of March. I was trying to do the next step and pay the fees but the NVC never sent me a welcome letter. I have the case number but I do not have the invoice id number. I have been trying to call the NVC at 603-334-0700 but it doesn't ring. Anybody know how I could get this invoice id number? @Greenbaum 

It's a US Federal Holiday for Dr. Martin Luther King. Try again tomorrow.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, StarSeed1 said:

You have an interview? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.