rmv_condi

Is this enough evidence for removal of conditions?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Is this sufficient information? Married in 2017, CPR 06/2018, applying for ROC mid march. We moved states and I still have my old state/our old address drivers licenses because of expiration date. Will this cause any issues even with our other evidence? 

Also tax transcripts came with partial information (half of our names, partial address and last 4 of SS) is that normal? Will they accept this or do I need to get a special tax transcript

Any information will help!

Section 1:

·       Copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back (Permanent Resident Card)

Section 2:

·       Certified marriage certificate 

Section 3:

·       Copies of current state drivers’ licenses mine has our old address is that OK?

·       Copy of tax return transcripts from the IRS from 2017-2019 addressed to both of us in our joint residence

·       Copy of W-2’s from 2017-2019 addressed to both of us in our joint residence

Section 4:

·       Copies of monthly bank statements of joint checking from inception in 2017 to current statement

·       Copies of joint checking account debit cards

·       Copy of 2017-year end statement detailing every purchase

·       Copy of  2018-year end statement detailing every purchase

·       Copy of credit card monthly statements from 12/2018 to present

·       Copies of  joint credit cards (original credit cards and current copies)

Section 5:

·       Copy of lease extension stating both names 2017

·       Copy of original lease 2018

·       Copy of renter’s insurance 2018- 2019

·       Copy of  lease extension 2019

·       Copy of  renter’s insurance 2019- 2020

Section 6:

·       Copy of health insurance elections page from 2018-2019 listing spouse as covered and as the life insurance beneficiary

·       Copy of health insurance elections page from 2019- 2020 listing spouse beneficiary and as a life insurance beneficiary

·       Copy of front and back of current medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and prescription drug insurance

Section 7:

·       Copies of Roth Individual Retirement Account beneficiary statement listing spouse as the primary beneficiary

·       Copies of]Retirement Account listing spouse  as the primary beneficiary

·       Copies of retirement account listing spouse as the primary beneficiary

Section 8:

·       Copies of  Wifi bill in name of spouse at our joint address from 9/2018- current

·       Copies of  electric monthly statements in  my name 07/2019 to current at our joint residence

Section 9:

·       Copy of Bar Harbor, ME motel reservation from 

·       Copy of Cancun, Mexico vacation travel details (Hotel, flights and expense report)

·       Copy of AirBnB  reservation 

·       Copy of round-trip flights  to Ireland 

·       Copy of Travelex travel insurance listing spouse  the beneficiary

·       Copy of AirBnB reservation in Montreal, Canada 

·       Copy of American Airlines flights Los Angeles 

·       Copy of future travel reservation confirmations (Airline tickets, hotel reservations, and travel insurance) naming me and spouse

·       Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years including ones submitted for i485

Edited by rmv_condi
more info

Sounds like "enough" to me. You can ditch section 8 since it does not show both names and get your license updated. You need to do that anyway.

Ditch the previous submitted stuff. They don't want it and it should already be in your file. For the bills and statements I would go to quarterly instead of weekly. It's going to be a big envelope regardless.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

Sounds like "enough" to me. You can ditch section 8 since it does not show both names and get your license updated. You need to do that anyway.

Ditch the previous submitted stuff. They don't want it and it should already be in your file. For the bills and statements I would go to quarterly instead of weekly. It's going to be a big envelope regardless.

I put in section 8 to show proof that we both reside in the same residence (couldn't get both names on either bill). But I I'll take your advice into consideration. Any insight on the tax transcripts? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Me and her said:

Was wondering if you have affidavits from anyone?

For the AOS interview we brought 3 affidavits but the interviewer didn't even take them. The IO made us take them back home. From that experience I didn't need to add it this time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

For the bills and statements I would go to quarterly instead of weekly.

For joint bank account, I would provide each monthly statement.....I have seen a few RFEs issued when some people didn't.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, missileman said:

For joint bank account, I would provide each monthly statement.....I have seen a few RFEs issued when some people didn't.

I'm going to provide each montly statement from marriage

2 hours ago, rmv_condi said:

For the AOS interview we brought 3 affidavits but the interviewer didn't even take them. The IO made us take them back home. From that experience I didn't need to add it this time.

Oh, ok.  Just wondering because I thought I saw to include that in the package for removing conditions.  Good luck!  Our process starts late March, so I am looking at others whilst assembling the package to make sure I have everything.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, rmv_condi said:

Any insight on the tax transcripts?

There is no "special tax transcript" that shows complete names and SSNs.  The only IRS tax transcript you can get is the one that shows partial names and SSNs.  They see these every day so they know how the IRS works and they prefer tax transcripts, so no worries there.  Good luck with your ROC process!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

There is no "special tax transcript" that shows complete names and SSNs.  The only IRS tax transcript you can get is the one that shows partial names and SSNs.  They see these every day so they know how the IRS works and they prefer tax transcripts, so no worries there.  Good luck with your ROC process!

Thank you! 

12 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

Ditch the previous submitted stuff. They don't want it and it should already be in your file. 

I wouldn't recommend this. It doesn't hurt to give them the same thing twice. It hurts if they have misplaced your file and they don't have evidence from the beginning of the marriage. 

7 hours ago, Me and her said:

Oh, ok.  Just wondering because I thought I saw to include that in the package for removing conditions.  Good luck!  Our process starts late March, so I am looking at others whilst assembling the package to make sure I have everything.  

No that's not in the package and really shouldn't be there. It is rarely looked at

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your overall evidence looks very strong, but RFE's for ROC tend to be pretty random.  You'll read about couples divorced after a short marriage providing little evidence getting approved, while couples that provide as much or more than you sometimes get RFE's. 

No need to provide marriage certificate again. Also, if your driver's license addresses don't match, that will just be unhelpful to add.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AstroCanada said:

Your overall evidence looks very strong, but RFE's for ROC tend to be pretty random.  You'll read about couples divorced after a short marriage providing little evidence getting approved, while couples that provide as much or more than you sometimes get RFE's. 

No need to provide marriage certificate again. Also, if your driver's license addresses don't match, that will just be unhelpful to add.

Thanks for the idea. I may just leave the licenses out then. Thought they were a requirement. I guess there's no real ID requirement other than green card, correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.