Voice of Reason

United States Led Entire World In Reducing CO2 Emissions In 2019

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ever HOW did we manage this, since Trump pulled us out of the Paris accord?  Maybe he used his job creating “magic wand”?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/united-states-led-entire-world-in-reducing-co2-emissions-in-2019

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Ever HOW did we manage this, since Trump pulled us out of the Paris accord?  Maybe he used his job creating “magic wand”?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/united-states-led-entire-world-in-reducing-co2-emissions-in-2019

Because, when you generated 45% of the emmisions and you cut emmisions by moving from coal to natural gas (which has 50% of the carbon footprint) for auxillary power generation, shrinking 2% is easy peasy and has more to do with the economic advantage of Natural gas than any altruistic drive to save the economy.

Also the economic reality that solar/wind generation capacity is cheaper to build than new nuke or carbon based power generation makes investing in alternative a no brainer. 

In the end, it's all about the Benjamin's

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Because, when you generated 45% of the emmisions and you cut emmisions by moving from coal to natural gas (which has 50% of the carbon footprint) for auxillary power generation, shrinking 2% is easy peasy and has more to do with the economic advantage of Natural gas than any altruistic drive to save the economy.

Also the economic reality that solar/wind generation capacity is cheaper to build than new nuke or carbon based power generation makes investing in alternative a no brainer. 

Yep. Not exactly a big win considering the starting point 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Yep. Not exactly a big win considering the starting point 

I don't think it's all a bad news story by any means.  The reality is the economic advantages of renewables is only getting better daily. The us even has a new energy secretary ( buh, bye Gov Rick) that gets it and is ditching the climate denial madness.

Still you have a leader in the white house that is living with a 2nd graders understanding of science. With talk a 4flushes and wind power causing brain cancer. Geez.

The irony is Bush Sr. Was all over the carbon challenge and Sununu screwed it up.

Edited by 90DayFinancier

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Just curious, where does the 45% number come from?  Based on 2017 numbers, it appears closer to 14%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

I don't think it's all a bad news story by any means.  The reality is the economic advantages of renewables is only getting better daily. The us even has a new energy secretary ( buh, bye Gov Rick) that gets it and is ditching the climate denial madness.

Still you have a leader in the white house that is living with a 2nd graders understanding of science. With talk a 4flushes and wind power causing brain cancer. Geez.

The irony is Bush Sr. Was all over the carbon challenge and Sununu screwed it up.

Not bad news no .. but not the “look at us.. we’re world leaders in reducing carbon emissions !! “ hoopla ... 

7 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Just curious, where does the 45% number come from?  Based on 2017 numbers, it appears closer to 14%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

One sided stats are always misleading. 

8 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

If the US is 45%, then China is 150%.  We can make up all sorts of numbers.

9 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

48 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

If the US is 45%, then China is 150%.  We can make up all sorts of numbers.

Everything I have seen says that we are around 14% as well while China is around 27/28%.

https://www.wri.org/blog/2017/04/interactive-chart-explains-worlds-top-10-emitters-and-how-theyve-changed

https://www.c2es.org/content/international-emissions/

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/all-the-worlds-carbon-emissions-in-one-chart/

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The EU is almost 10%.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yes my data is based on total energy consumption from 10 years ago when China was not the  powerhouse it is today.

The fact remains: the US consumes a lot of energy and if you consume a lot N, and you strive to become more efficient x%, then N-x%= a lot of energy efficiency.

Just LED lighting alone has been a great savings. My issue is all we hear from the POTUS is about LED bulbs making him look bad, or mischarectizing the nature of renewable energy.  No matter, people are moving to renewables inspire of his leadership in the opposite direction.

The man propogates more bad science than any adult I have ever heard.  

1 hour ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Yes my data is based on total energy consumption from 10 years ago when China was not the  powerhouse it is today.

So you used decade-old data to try and malign a current study?  Interesting tactic.  Then have the balls to talk about "bad science".

51 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

So you used decade-old data to try and malign a current study?  Interesting tactic.  Then have the balls to talk about "bad science".

Old data. You know who would write a 14 page dissertation