Renatac14

Prohibition to enter in the USA

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was trying to visit my boyfriend in the USA, Im in a k1 visa process and I just enjoy the opportunity to take some things, they didn’t let me enter in the USA, my visa was not canceled, but they said is better to wait the process in Brazil and don’t try to fly back to the USA. 

Has anyone ever experienced this? hindered the k1 visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It has happened before and will have no impact on the K1. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would only be am issue if you had been deported and not allowed to withdraw your application for admission.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
25 minutes ago, nasse_forelle said:

u were trying to apply for a B2 visa and they didn't issue you a tourist visa, correct? Or were you turned away at point of entry?

I have b1/b2 visa the only problem was I was travel to the USA with frequency and this time I was with lots of luggages so they thought I wanted to move this time, o tried to explain, but they said is better if I wait to finish my process in Brazil. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The B is gone but you should have no issues with the K.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The B is gone but you should have no issues with the K.

The B didn’t gone, She said is not a punishment, in the form they didn’t canceled my visa. She just said RIGHT NOW, I can’t enter. 

Wait out the K-1. The B visa is either automatically canceled or otherwise no longer effective to actually use. Doesn't really matter at this point - visiting isn't really on the table anymore.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
9 hours ago, Renatac14 said:

The B didn’t gone, She said is not a punishment, in the form they didn’t canceled my visa. She just said RIGHT NOW, I can’t enter. 

Thank you for answer, it was weird, because I visit my boyfriend before with no problem and I was in the process k1, the costums said I can visit him during the process, but the problem was my luggages, because I had too much things and I could enter and stay, they didn’t cancel my visa because I was in Canada yet and I have a good historic, like, I always traveled to the USA, 2,3 times a year, but this time they said is better stay in Brazil.She said isn’t a punishment they just decided this time I’ll not to enter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Renatac14 said:

She said isn’t a punishment they just decided this time I’ll not to enter

Semantics. You were trying to enter the US in a temporary visa and they didn't believe your intent. In the eyes of Border Patrol, you were planning to commit fraud. From travel.state.gov:

A determination of inadmissibility may have an impact on your future admissibility and may result in the cancellation of your visa, if you have one.

In other words, the officer might have been very nice to you, but your inadmissibility will be on record. If ever asked, during the interview or when filling any forms, be candid about it. Answer yes when asked about refused entry and provide a brief, truthful explanation. Chances are it will not affect your K1 in the slightest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Renatac14 said:

, they didn’t cancel my visa because I was in Canada yet and I have a good historic, 

Learn one thing about immigration, they will usually sweet talk you after refusal (and minimize the impact of them denying you entry on future immigration applications) so that you don’t get too upset and possibly belligerent. 

For all intents and purposes the current visitor visa is dead regardless of its surface validity. I assume, pray, and hope your K1 goes through however if for whatsoever reason it does not, my strong advice to you is to apply for a new visitor visa before attempting to enter the USA again. I can say with a high degree of confidence that trying to use this current visa will lead to a refusal of entry at port end subsequent expedited removal. Don’t do it.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Learn one thing about immigration, they will usually sweet talk you after refusal (and minimize the impact of them denying you entry on future immigration applications) so that you don’t get too upset and possibly belligerent. 

For all intents and purposes the current visitor visa is dead regardless of its surface validity. I assume, pray, and hope your K1 goes through however if for whatsoever reason it does not, my strong advice to you is to apply for a new visitor visa before attempting to enter the USA again. I can say with a high degree of confidence that trying to use this current visa will lead to a refusal of entry at port end subsequent expedited removal. Don’t do it.

Thank you for answer. I’ll not to try to visit the USA again, I’m going to wait my K1 visa, at first she was so aggressive  like soooooo agressive, I don’t want to be on that situation again, it was terrible. I’m going to wait and everything will be fine. 

Edited by Renatac14

Timeline
19 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

It has happened before and will have no impact on the K1. 

Thank you for answer, but tell me, did visit your boyfriend after that? Or you waited the k1 in your country? 

4 minutes ago, Renatac14 said:

I’ll not to try to visit the USA again,

Good idea, because if you do, you are likely to be turned away again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.