Ifemi4835

I130 Interview -Visa refused and no paperwork given-Lagos Consulate

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, my husband had his interview this week and we were overly prepared with documents, etc. He answered all the questions and was asked to see our wedding pics and then was told our visa was refused and that we can appeal. However, the CO did not issue any paperwork? I have emailed the consulate for the letter or reasons to this refusal. Based on my husbands interaction and experience with the CO that day, it was obvious that his mind was already made up to refuse us. For I130s, do they send a NOID or NOIR to the petitioner? We are completely at a lost here already 19mos as of Feb in this process with an impending travel ban looming over us :(  Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ifemi4835 said:

Hi, my husband had his interview this week and we were overly prepared with documents, etc. He answered all the questions and was asked to see our wedding pics and then was told our visa was refused and that we can appeal. However, the CO did not issue any paperwork? I have emailed the consulate for the letter or reasons to this refusal. Based on my husbands interaction and experience with the CO that day, it was obvious that his mind was already made up to refuse us. For I130s, do they send a NOID or NOIR to the petitioner? We are completely at a lost here already 19mos as of Feb in this process with an impending travel ban looming over us :(  Thanks in advance!

Were you present during the interview?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Ifemi4835 said:

No Im the petitioner based in the US

Your husband should have an idea as to why the CO refused the visa.....you will receive a letter in a few months.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

Your husband should have an idea as to why the CO refused the visa.....you will receive a letter in a few months.

Tho my husband was caught off guard he did not hear anything from the CO other than refused and can appeal...why would be a denial..refusal etc be given right then and there and no letter? I emailed them that day...asking for the letter...but ur saying I should receive the physical copy in a few months? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ifemi4835 said:

Tho my husband was caught off guard he did not hear anything from the CO other than refused and can appeal...why would be a denial..refusal etc be given right then and there and no letter? I emailed them that day...asking for the letter...but ur saying I should receive the physical copy in a few months? 

Your husband is inadmissible due to something....If it was a public charge issue, he would have been asked to get a joint sponsor.  If it was due to missing documentation, he would have been instructed to submit additional documents.  Something is serious enough to warrant a refusal.  If your husband really has no idea, then you will have to wait for the NOID letter.

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

Your husband is inadmissible due to something....If it was a public charge issue, he would have been asked to get a joint sponsor.  If it was due to missing documentation, he would have been instructed to submit additional documents.  Something is serious enough to warrant a refusal.  If your husband really has no idea, then you will have to wait for the NOID letter.

Ok will wait for letter as none of the above apply..but am looking to see the seriousness of this admissibility....nightmare at best...Thanks for ur input!

Timeline
Just now, Ifemi4835 said:

Ok will wait for letter as none of the above apply..but am looking to see the seriousness of this admissibility....nightmare at best...Thanks for ur input!

Hopefully, you can get this resolved soon...God Luck.  What does the CEAC status indicate?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

Hopefully, you can get this resolved soon...God Luck.  What does the CEAC status indicate?

As of today..refused. Thank you...hoping its a issue that can be settled.

Timeline

Did you apply for an earlier interview date cuz your date of interview is suppose to be on the 13th with me. What's the age difference and what 2 African countries your husband have visited? Something is serious 

5 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Okay first a NOID/NOIR will not be forthcoming anytime two. It can take 12 to q8 months to hear from USCIS. Your petition can sit at embassy 3 to 6 months before they even send it back.

It says refused, but did they actually tell your husband they are sending your petition back to USCIS?

1. What were the question they ask your husband? 
  2. Was there a main focus of questioning?
  3. When was the last time you visited?
  4. Has he ever been married?
  5. Does he have children?
  6. Any red flags?
  7. Has he ever applied for visitor, business or student visa before?
  8. If he has did he say he was married to show stronger ties?

This is what you need to do. You need to email the embassy now at Lagosiv@state.gov

In the SUBJECT : CASE#-His full name-Reason for Refusal

In the body of the email state yuru husband had interview on XXXXX and was told he was refused the visa and we could appeal but no reason why he was refused. Why were we refused?

Is there any evidence or document you need me xxxxxx the petitioner to send to you.

I would also contact your US Senators office and ask them to look into it.

Just do what these person adviced you to do, fir you to know reason your hubby visa was refused,also contact your Congress to contact the embassy reason your hubby visa was refused

Timeline
12 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Okay first a NOID/NOIR will not be forthcoming anytime two. It can take 12 to q8 months to hear from USCIS. Your petition can sit at embassy 3 to 6 months before they even send it back.

It says refused, but did they actually tell your husband they are sending your petition back to USCIS?

1. What were the question they ask your husband? 
  2. Was there a main focus of questioning?
  3. When was the last time you visited?
  4. Has he ever been married?
  5. Does he have children?
  6. Any red flags?
  7. Has he ever applied for visitor, business or student visa before?
  8. If he has did he say he was married to show stronger ties?

This is what you need to do. You need to email the embassy now at Lagosiv@state.gov

In the SUBJECT : CASE#-His full name-Reason for Refusal

In the body of the email state yuru husband had interview on XXXXX and was told he was refused the visa and we could appeal but no reason why he was refused. Why were we refused?

Is there any evidence or document you need me xxxxxx the petitioner to send to you.

I would also contact your US Senators office and ask them to look into it.

Thank you!

Timeline
14 hours ago, Odiegwu said:

Did you apply for an earlier interview date cuz your date of interview is suppose to be on the 13th with me. What's the age difference and what 2 African countries your husband have visited? Something is serious 

Tried to inbox here you unable to...

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove personal email address

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.