Ifemi4835

I130 Interview -Visa refused and no paperwork given-Lagos Consulate

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ifemi4835 said:

Ok make sure im understanding..so u had ur interview? Appoved but needed to fact check some things and ur case is now at Cali service center?  I havnt consulted with Hacking as of yet..but I learned from him regarding FOIA and put in a request with USCIS for my file to see whats missing...I have the letter from Lagos which the Senator got on my behalf...

Forgive me I am on auto here!! We had our inter 1/41/19 we were told we are approved by CO. Months later through senator inquiry I was told my case is being sent back to USCIS FOR POSSIBLE REVOCATION.. That was since March of last year. Then in July I receive an updated 797 form saying my case is at Vermont service center then in August 13 it was transferred to California service center awaiting Adjudication.. since then I am playing the waiting game. Hope this clarifies my case. Last week I reached out back to Senator office to do a follow up and I file a request with Ombudsman office because I’ve exhausted all of channels of communication with USCIS. My next step is to file a mandamus act through Jim Hacking and no I have not retained him but I’m deciding. 

regards, 

worriedspouse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

Forgive me I am on auto here!! We had our inter 1/41/19 we were told we are approved by CO. Months later through senator inquiry I was told my case is being sent back to USCIS FOR POSSIBLE REVOCATION.. That was since March of last year. Then in July I receive an updated 797 form saying my case is at Vermont service center then in August 13 it was transferred to California service center awaiting Adjudication.. since then I am playing the waiting game. Hope this clarifies my case. Last week I reached out back to Senator office to do a follow up and I file a request with Ombudsman office because I’ve exhausted all of channels of communication with USCIS. My next step is to file a mandamus act through Jim Hacking and no I have not retained him but I’m deciding. 

regards, 

worriedspouse

Ok understood...Yes it seems like Hacking would be needed at this point as they are stalling on adjudicating your reaffirmation. Im sorry your even have to go thru this...your petiton is being moved around for review..thats crazy. I will watch the webinar tomorrow for sure 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ifemi4835 said:

Ok understood...Yes it seems like Hacking would be needed at this point as they are stalling on adjudicating your reaffirmation. Im sorry your even have to go thru this...your petiton is being moved around for review..thats crazy. I will watch the webinar tomorrow for sure 

One last thing do you think that letter that was given to my husband at the interview is considered the NOIR?? I’ve consulates with a few attorneys and nowadays some of they are so unethical and money hungry they take your consultation fee and do absolutely nothing for us.
I’ve noticed an incorrect visa number on our case/letter. I’m perplexed as to how they can possibly make such mistakes and meantime our life is on hold.. I was informed by USCIS Teir 2 supervisor that they made a mistake and requested our case to be send back. I am hoping they caught this. I asked if once reaffirm will they fast track my case. I only hope and pray this will come to an end soon. Thanks for responding to me promptly.. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

Regards,

worried spouse.

1 minute ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

One last thing do you think that letter that was given to my husband at the interview is considered the NOIR??

NOIR = Notice of Intent to Revoke

The consulate cannot revoke a petition. It's not their job to adjudicate the petition. They can only send it back to USCIS with a recommendation that they revoke it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
9 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The consulate cannot revoke a petition. It's not their job to adjudicate the petition. They can only send it back to USCIS with a recommendation that they revoke it

Timeline
13 minutes ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:
25 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The consulate cannot revoke a petition. It's not their job to adjudicate the petition. They can only send it back to USCIS with a recommendation that they revoke it

Correct..and the fact that they had wrong info is disturbing...in our NOIR...in the body of the letter they had another beneficiary name...my husbands name no where mentioned..obviously a typo but what other errors were possibly made...whose file was our CO even actually reviewing?? ..because I know I submitted tons of bona fide evidence...Soooo USCIS can only revoke but supposedly they give us a chance to correct the issues in 30 days before closing the file.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

One last thing do you think that letter that was given to my husband at the interview is considered the NOIR?? I’ve consulates with a few attorneys and nowadays some of they are so unethical and money hungry they take your consultation fee and do absolutely nothing for us.
I’ve noticed an incorrect visa number on our case/letter. I’m perplexed as to how they can possibly make such mistakes and meantime our life is on hold.. I was informed by USCIS Teir 2 supervisor that they made a mistake and requested our case to be send back. I am hoping they caught this. I asked if once reaffirm will they fast track my case. I only hope and pray this will come to an end soon. Thanks for responding to me promptly.. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

Regards,

worried spouse.

Sorry just now seeing this hope you have ur answer...we were never given a letter had to ask congressmen to get any info and they were provided with a generic letter stating lack of bona fide evidence with someone elses nane pasted in the letter...

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Let the post decision activity begin! USCIS has contacted us and our petition is now under review for either reaffirmation or Notice of intent to deny or revoke.....

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 5:01 PM, Ifemi4835 said:

Let the post decision activity begin! USCIS has contacted us and our petition is now under review for either reaffirmation or Notice of intent to deny or revoke.....

We are pulling a K3 and resubmitting all of our evidence per our attorney....he suggests that we be proactive instead of waiting for USCIS to reach out to us regarding their decision...I pray this works🤞🏾

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, Ifemi4835 said:

We are pulling a K3 and resubmitting all of our evidence per our attorney....he suggests that we be proactive instead of waiting for USCIS to reach out to us regarding their decision...I pray this works🤞🏾

K3 submitted and according to my attorney our evidence is pretty good..so will see. Awaiting the NOA1 (again)...As of today we have officially been in the process for two years and counting....am grateful for a strong marriage. Praying that USCIS stands by their initial approval of our CR1🙏🏿

Timeline
On 7/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, Ifemi4835 said:

K3 submitted and according to my attorney our evidence is pretty good..so will see. Awaiting the NOA1 (again)...As of today we have officially been in the process for two years and counting....am grateful for a strong marriage. Praying that USCIS stands by their initial approval of our CR1🙏🏿

Did you start k3 I thought yours is cr1 and did uscis said that the error in your husband name was from them ?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, Justxxxx said:

Did you start k3 I thought yours is cr1 and did uscis said that the error in your husband name was from them ?

We pulled the K3 to get USCIS to go ahead and pull a decision on our petition....it can take many months for them to review...New LIN# received per I797 or NOA1 for the I129f today so hoping to hear from them soon and nope I dont plan on them acknowledging any errors made in our denial letter

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Finally received my NOIR and as I suspected my bona fide evidence was lost. USCIS wants me to resubmit everything! When I say this process has not been good for my husband and I thats an understatement....When I started back in '18, I used Rapid Visa (RV) and I would never sugguest anybody whose spouse is migrating from a country with a difficult embassy or consulate to use them...they were waste of $1000...money that I could have used towards an attorney....maybe the outcome would have turned out differently...I heard that RV  doesnt like to submit bona fide evidence I call them to checked if EVERYTHING I submitted to them was sent to USCIS..and of course they said yes..but cant provide a copy or list of what was sent...so USCIS is treating me as if I only sent in the bare minuim...I also have words about the CO in Lagos but I will reserve that for later...as for now my attorney and I need to respond asap to this NOIR....tired but cant't give up😣 also a I129 with all of my evidence was sent a few months ago and one would think  my 2nd case number would have came up on someones computer when reviewing the older case number...but of course it didnt..so Im possibly  having to resubmit for the THIRD time EVERYTHING😵

IMG-20180712-WA0008.jpeg

7 hours ago, Ifemi4835 said:

Finally received my NOIR and as I suspected my bona fide evidence was lost. USCIS wants me to resubmit everything! When I say this process has not been good for my husband and I thats an understatement....When I started back in '18, I used Rapid Visa (RV) and I would never sugguest anybody whose spouse is migrating from a country with a difficult embassy or consulate to use them...they were waste of $1000...money that I could have used towards an attorney....maybe the outcome would have turned out differently...I heard that RV  doesnt like to submit bona fide evidence I call them to checked if EVERYTHING I submitted to them was sent to USCIS..and of course they said yes..but cant provide a copy or list of what was sent...so USCIS is treating me as if I only sent in the bare minuim...I also have words about the CO in Lagos but I will reserve that for later...as for now my attorney and I need to respond asap to this NOIR....tired but cant't give up😣 also a I129 with all of my evidence was sent a few months ago and one would think  my 2nd case number would have came up on someones computer when reviewing the older case number...but of course it didnt..so Im possibly  having to resubmit for the THIRD time EVERYTHING😵

IMG-20180712-WA0008.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your difficult journey😩😩 good luck for the future. Hopefully your lawyer will provide the help you need

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.