Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 minute ago, Meg101 said:

Update: Greencard arrived in the mail today on the 1 year anniversary of me leaving my home England! It’s our first wedding anniversary on 12/12 so this is a great gift.  ❤️

What a ride this has been. It feels weird to be completely done for 21 months! 🙂🌈🙂🌈🙂🎊🥳🎊😀🎊🥳 

Wishing everyone in this group the very best of luck for the rest of your journey! 🙂

Congarts! So happy for you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got my interview today. Officer asked us so so many questions, asked for pictures and evidence of bank account, insurance and any document with both our names. At the end she said she needed to look at my file and if she needed more evidence they would let me know within 90 days. Told her I was traveling tomorrow and she said to use travel permit and that if I get approved while away, won't have a problem coming back. 

4 hours after interview, status changed to approved🎉🎉🎉.

Good luck everyone!!! 

40 minutes ago, andychris said:

Told her I was traveling tomorrow and she said to use travel permit and that if I get approved while away, won't have a problem coming back.

When you enter the US, you can try asking CBP for their version of the I-551 stamp: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2019-Mar/2019 Carrier Information Guide - ENGLISH.pdf (page 31)

9AFWnZRC.jpg

It's the first one that says "CBP."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, HRQX said:

When you enter the US, you can try asking CBP for their version of the I-551 stamp: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2019-Mar/2019 Carrier Information Guide - ENGLISH.pdf (page 31)

9AFWnZRC.jpg

It's the first one that says "CBP."

Thank you so much!!

Edited by andychris
Misspell

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Green card arrived today... not even one week after our interview!

The long wait journey is now over... for at least 2 years :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey, folks! My status for AoS is changed to Scheduled today. I filed AoS in mid-Jan and it was Ready since May. I will update the interview date when I receive the actually letter!

Morning all! So happy to see so many more interview notices and approvals coming through!! 

I have a quick question re: social security cards. Now that I have my greencard do I have to call them and let them know or will USCIS do that? I’m assuming I have to inform them myself but because USCIS told them when I got my EAD I thought I would check

2 hours ago, ccass410 said:

I have a quick question re: social security cards. Now that I have my greencard do I have to call them and let them know or will USCIS do that?

You should let them know so that they can issue a card with same number but without any restrictive wording on the front: https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/cards.htm

Shows your name and Social Security number and lets you work without restriction.

We issue it to:

• U.S. citizens; and
  • People lawfully admitted to the United States on a permanent basis.

But currently with the ongoing Covid restrictions ask them if they can provide in-person appointment or what alternate options they provide.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
14 hours ago, JoeySantino said:

Does anyone have any status updates or any movement on their case in NYC field office or Newark field office? Looks like we're gonna be the slowest :( I estimated a Jan 2021 or Feb 2021 based on other progress reports I had seen but it's just my estimate (which could be wrong)

Queens field office here. No update since April 9th for my I-485 😔  I am going to renew my EAD now, because I don’t think there is an interview scheduled anytime soon.

22 hours ago, ccass410 said:

Morning all! So happy to see so many more interview notices and approvals coming through!! 

I have a quick question re: social security cards. Now that I have my greencard do I have to call them and let them know or will USCIS do that? I’m assuming I have to inform them myself but because USCIS told them when I got my EAD I thought I would check

19 hours ago, HRQX said:

You should let them know so that they can issue a card with same number but without any restrictive wording on the front: https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/cards.htm

Shows your name and Social Security number and lets you work without restriction.

We issue it to:

• U.S. citizens; and
  • People lawfully admitted to the United States on a permanent basis.

But currently with the ongoing Covid restrictions ask them if they can provide in-person appointment or what alternate options they provide.

I don’t think it’s done automatically but I also don’t think it’s urgent you update them. 

They typically want you to send your documents in by mail because the offices are closed to the public but I called a guy I know who works there (he’s dealt with me from the beginning each time I went back to change my name after being married, EAD etc. So gave me his extension number! 🙂) and was like ... I waited almost a year for this card.. I’m not risking it getting lost in the mail lol. 

So I managed to get an in person appointment with him a couple days ago and will get my new SS card in a few weeks apparently. 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.