Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

They should receive the response immediately about your legal status, not sure why takes 20 days for yours.

That's what I thought. It was immediate when I applied for the state ID card. I'm not sure what happened/changed for the learner permit. Frustrating!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
18 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

They should receive the response immediately about your legal status, not sure why takes 20 days for yours.

Edited by qrk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone had to apply in person for their SSN after USCIS failed to issue one (despite it being requested)? This just happened to me and I am wondering if anyone can tell me how long they had to wait for it. 

thank you 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, Zsazsa said:

Has anyone had to apply in person for their SSN after USCIS failed to issue one (despite it being requested)? This just happened to me and I am wondering if anyone can tell me how long they had to wait for it. 

thank you 

Called local ss office, they were nice and helpful, got an appointment in a 3 days, brought all originals of needed docs + form ss-5 (you can find it on ssa official site), everything took 10 minutes. In a next 2 days got mail from ss office, that they working on my case. Now waiting on my card in mail. It can take up to 10 days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, OhShush said:

How long did it take before you guys get your SSN after getting your combo AP/EAD card?

Ugh. Don’t even get me started! My kids aged 13 & 10 received their SSN 3 days before the combo card. As for my SSN, it never got processed, despite requesting it on my EAD application and had to book an appt to go in. That was last Tuesday and a number still hasn’t been produced. I am so disappointed in the whole process. 

11 hours ago, Zsazsa said:

Ugh. Don’t even get me started! My kids aged 13 & 10 received their SSN 3 days before the combo card. As for my SSN, it never got processed, despite requesting it on my EAD application and had to book an appt to go in. That was last Tuesday and a number still hasn’t been produced. I am so disappointed in the whole process. 

No one can give an estimate nowadays. I just called the SSA office and I was told that my name isn’t even in their system yet. I should probably just mail them my original documents then. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, MNH said:

So it looks like all you January filers are still waiting for your interview for AOS.  I was wondering who are getting green cards currently, December 2019 filers?

The AOS process is not as easy to compare by months as the K1 was. You can only check for the processing times for your LFO here on VJ and see if there was some movement in the last 3 months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

We had our interview yesterday at the Reno field office.  Officer decided to interview us separately which I thought was odd as we didn't have any apparent red flags.  At the end, we were told that he would be approving the petition and she should have her green card in a few weeks and status already updated to new card being produced!

Congratulations!

4 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

We had our interview yesterday at the Reno field office.  Officer decided to interview us separately which I thought was odd as we didn't have any apparent red flags.  At the end, we were told that he would be approving the petition and she should have her green card in a few weeks and status already updated to new card being produced!

I've heard they separate couples now because of Covid situation. So it's kinda more safe. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 8/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, Cornflake said:

I've heard they separate couples now because of Covid situation. So it's kinda more safe. 

So weird... I mean as couple you are supposed to live together so if one of you is already infected by covid there is a chance that the other could be too and not during this interview... Am I the only one thinking that sounds weird 😉?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.