DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

Ah that's cool, guess we don't have to wait too long for that invite then. 

Did you have ample time to get your medical between your invite and the actual interview date?

I actually sent the medical along with the application, we never received a RFE or courtesy letter so I guess all was good with the medical. They give you like a month between interview notice and interview date. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 10:22 PM, Poseidon1212 said:

Nothing too exciting on our end yet, still waiting on invite from Chicago office, but wanted to report a super fast EAD/AP combo renewal.  

My combo card won't expire until April, but since we'll have to fly to Europe in May 2021 for a wedding (assuming COVID won't cause issues by then) I figured I should file for a EAD and AP renewal on the EADs 6 month mark. 

Send it to them on Oct 8th, received by them on Oct 10th, pro date Oct 12th and by Nov 30th it was approved as a combo card valid till end of Nov 2021. 

Honestly didn't expect it to be combo card because, despite lack of official source, every other source I could find indicated that I'd be too early for the AP, so I was expecting approval for EAD and denial for AP.

Card is being produced, now I'm just waiting for it to be send.

did you get a notice in mail that finger prints were reused. 

duh

On 12/20/2020 at 1:54 PM, igoyougoduke said:

which local office are you at ?

Chicago. 

On 12/20/2020 at 1:28 AM, Poseidon1212 said:

Congrats!!

Anything noteworthy due to COVID or was it pretty straightforward?

nothing noteworthy. They only allow you to get into the building 15 minutes prior. They ask you not to bring anyone else not required (I did had to bring my baby girl but the officer was very nice about it) We did had to wear a mask at all times. Outside of the building there is a ton of people waiting because they like to get there way before their appointment and they don't let them in. They asked us the COVID questions before we went in, there is almost no people in the waiting area and they sit you apart from other people. I saw an officer taking a case person by person to avoid having a lot of people in the office, (it was one petitioner and like 3 beneficiaries). Other than that, it was straight forward. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I logged in last time. Wanna share my current update:

I filed the AOS in Feb 2020.

My 485 status is still at Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview

And because my EAD will expire this April, I sent out the EAD renewal stuff mid December. Yesterday I received three mails from USCIS:

1. One letter saying the I-765 case was received on Dec. 14th, 2020. Receipt number starts with IOE. 

2. One letter saying they will reuse my previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics for the I-765 

3. One letter saying they have created a USCIS Online Account and attached an Online Access Code. 

Hopefully I will get the new EAD soon.

1 hour ago, xin.penguin said:

It's been a while since I logged in last time. Wanna share my current update:

I filed the AOS in Feb 2020.

My 485 status is still at Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview

And because my EAD will expire this April, I sent out the EAD renewal stuff mid December. Yesterday I received three mails from USCIS:

1. One letter saying the I-765 case was received on Dec. 14th, 2020. Receipt number starts with IOE. 

2. One letter saying they will reuse my previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics for the I-765 

3. One letter saying they have created a USCIS Online Account and attached an Online Access Code. 

Hopefully I will get the new EAD soon.

Interesting about the USCIS online account. what website is the online account created ?

duh

4 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

Interesting about the USCIS online account. what website is the online account created ?

my.uscis.gov

Because the letter includes an online access code and when you enter the code, you will see all the materials you submit. I think this is really good. 

6 minutes ago, xin.penguin said:

my.uscis.gov

Because the letter includes an online access code and when you enter the code, you will see all the materials you submit. I think this is really good. 

Hello we have the same timeline and I am about to send my EAD renewal this week 

I was wondering which documents and form should I send please ?

thank you 

31 minutes ago, Matisco diakite said:

Hello we have the same timeline and I am about to send my EAD renewal this week 

I was wondering which documents and form should I send please ?

thank you 

Below is my cover letter with the list of things I sent out. Hope it helps.

image.thumb.png.682023f48ca1fe87916bf7b6f06de852.png

On 12/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, igoyougoduke said:

did you get a notice in mail that finger prints were reused. 

Yeah, a specific separate notice that they would reuse biometrics. 

On 12/22/2020 at 7:46 AM, MayceMir said:

Chicago. 

nothing noteworthy. They only allow you to get into the building 15 minutes prior. They ask you not to bring anyone else not required (I did had to bring my baby girl but the officer was very nice about it) We did had to wear a mask at all times. Outside of the building there is a ton of people waiting because they like to get there way before their appointment and they don't let them in. They asked us the COVID questions before we went in, there is almost no people in the waiting area and they sit you apart from other people. I saw an officer taking a case person by person to avoid having a lot of people in the office, (it was one petitioner and like 3 beneficiaries). Other than that, it was straight forward. 

Sounds pretty straightforward indeed. Thanks for sharing and congrats again. Sounds like 2021 started off good for you guys 😊 

10 hours ago, xin.penguin said:

my.uscis.gov

interesting. materials ? like your application and documents your sent for AOS ?

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

1 hour ago, igoyougoduke said:

interesting. materials ? like your application and documents your sent for AOS ?

Yes. They scanned all the materials I submit (except the form) and uploaded them to the account. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.