Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Good morning all! Happy Wednesday :) I've been feeling low about our case status -- still no movement or word for us after 183 days -- so I wanted to spread some positivity. Congratulations to @klgck on their EAD/AP approval and to everyone else who has seen progress this week.

Slow steps, but steps forward none the less :) enjoy the rest of your week!

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 11:16 AM, fromsweden said:

We were ok without it.

note: if you’re also doing AP, insist on having them take biometrics for that too. If you do not, you will have to come back again before you can get it. It’s at the officers discretion to let you do both in same session. It’s literally a different and new complete set of prints. Gotta love beaureuocracy .

We literally have a biometrics on 09/01 and 09/02. We will definitely inquire about doing them both in the same day!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, LilyKins said:

Good morning all! Happy Wednesday :) I've been feeling low about our case status -- still no movement or word for us after 183 days -- so I wanted to spread some positivity. Congratulations to @klgck on their EAD/AP approval and to everyone else who has seen progress this week.

Slow steps, but steps forward none the less :) enjoy the rest of your week!

Thank you so much! I really feel for you. I'm really hoping you hear something soon, it's about time! Everyone's support in this forum is greatly appreciated and it feels so good to talk to people that know exactly what you're going through.

55 minutes ago, Ads2865 said:

We literally have a biometrics on 09/01 and 09/02. We will definitely inquire about doing them both in the same day!!

What codes are on the forms? (top right of the biometrics appointments)

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

16 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

You mentioned before that you expedited. Did you receive the card because of the expedite request? Also when did you do biometrics exactly? To give us people who did biometrics in past couple days a better timeframe to understand when we could potentially get our cards.

I did my biometric on 8/17 , because my case is approved so it went production in the same day, I think the expedite request only help to get case approved but didn't speed up the production, from card in production to card is mailed to me take about 3 days, hope this help

2 minutes ago, amyS said:

I did my biometric on 8/17 , because my case is approved so it went production in the same day, I think the expedite request only help to get case approved but didn't speed up the production, from card in production to card is mailed to me take about 3 days, hope this help

it seems in August it is taking 2 weeks from approval to card being in mail 

duh

4 minutes ago, James120383 said:

it seems in August it is taking 2 weeks from approval to card being in mail 

yeah mine was approved in July. My  status went from case was approved -> card is produced -> fingerprint taken -> card is mailed to me. I was expecting 2 weeks, maybe they speed up the production. 

Edited by amyS

6 minutes ago, Ads2865 said:

09/01/2020--I131 & I765

09/02/2020-- I485 & I765

Gotcha. Those are the form types - there should also be a "Code" either 1, 2, or 3 in the top of the form also.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

multiple posts removed for political discussion.  do not discuss politics in this thread.  if you wish to discuss politics go to the cehst forum.

charles

vj moderation.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I called Monday USCIS asking talk to a tier 2 and they said they'd call me back in 330min. No calls Monday or yesterday.

Today I called them again and asked for a tier 2 and I have a wait of 240min for them to call me, hopefully they'll do it today.

Just updating everyone that I guess they're not calling back anymore?

12 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

Hi everyone!

I called Monday USCIS asking talk to a tier 2 and they said they'd call me back in 330min. No calls Monday or yesterday.

Today I called them again and asked for a tier 2 and I have a wait of 240min for them to call me, hopefully they'll do it today.

I had a similar thing happen but with tier 3. I called two weeks ago, they told me it could take up to 5 business days for them to call me. 

Now it's been 10 business days and nothing. I'm wondering if they just don't call back anymore as soon as they see it's biometrics related? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

Hi everyone!

We spoke with Tier 2 yesterday. Just because it’s the way we start almost every day now. We congratulated her on no furlough. And then, as always, she very nicely read the same script that tells nothing and doesn’t help at all. We are on some unknown reschedule pile for biometrics that was skipped over but we just need to be patient, etc. Same thing. Another day. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ourwildjourney said:

We spoke with Tier 2 yesterday. Just because it’s the way we start almost every day now. We congratulated her on no furlough. And then, as always, she very nicely read the same script that tells nothing and doesn’t help at all. We are on some unknown reschedule pile for biometrics that was skipped over but we just need to be patient, etc. Same thing. Another day. 

I hope they say something different for me :(. Its annoying!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Gotcha. Those are the form types - there should also be a "Code" either 1, 2, or 3 in the top of the form also.

Oooh ok 09/01-- code 2

09/01-- code 3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.