Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

Hey everyone. It's a sad day for me today as I had a death in the family last night. This is my second grandparent to pass during covid & my pending application. 

I will ask for emergency AP again to attend the funeral and support my family. But I am very nervous that my biometrics notice will come when I'm in Europe. Do you think I can ask them to expedite my AP or combo card instead of granting me an emergency one as they did before? Like ask for an emergency biometrics appointment, followed by expedited processing or sth? I don't know if that's an option, but thought maybe one of you has any advice or insight. 

Hi. Very sorry for your loss. I’ve been following your journey through here. I believe death of a family member counts as grounds to expedite your request. You should find that info here as well as necessary actions you can take:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/travel-documents/emergency-travel

EDIT: Adding on as well, I think you can also call to request an emergency travel request. That is via Tier 2 or you can file an expedite request and then they will call you. If they accept it, you’ll be able to request an infopass appt.

Edited by mat2291

15 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

Hey everyone. It's a sad day for me today as I had a death in the family last night. This is my second grandparent to pass during covid & my pending application. 

I will ask for emergency AP again to attend the funeral and support my family. But I am very nervous that my biometrics notice will come when I'm in Europe. Do you think I can ask them to expedite my AP or combo card instead of granting me an emergency one as they did before? Like ask for an emergency biometrics appointment, followed by expedited processing or sth? I don't know if that's an option, but thought maybe one of you has any advice or insight. 

Even if you will expedite your combo card it is going to take 3-4 weeks(best case). You can always postpone your appointment if you have to urgently visit home. can you plan for short trip to Europe?

35 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

Also leaving the country without advance parole will lead to abandonment of AOS petition unless you have alternate dua intent visa to enter the country 

duh

1 hour ago, Tensheets said:

Sorry I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times but any advice is gratefully received.

I had 2 biometric appt letters for March, both cancelled of course. One was for I485 and I765, and one was for I131.

Since reopening I have received only a new biometric appt for the i485 and I765, and that appt was today. I asked the lady when I was there if they’d apply the same prints to my I131 and was told no, I’d have tomce

back when I get that appt.

I assume if I’d had my I131 appt letter she could have processed a second set of biometrics there and then? But I did not have that letter as it’s not been sent to me yet.

What have others’ experiences been? 

1. TWO new appt notices received if applied for work auth and advance parole, both letters taken to first appt and only one visit needed 

2. TWO new appt notices received if applying for work auth and advance parole and two trips made to the ASC

3. You’ve received one appt and not the other yet 

I submitted a case inquiry for the i131 portion today as the processing time

for that is still up to 5 months, not 35 months like i765.

3. I only did fingerprint for I765 and I485, I already received combo card so I think you should be fine 

Edited by amyS

14 hours ago, LilyKins said:

Just a heads up -- the processing time for I-131 is still at 2.5-5mo with a receipt date of 03/30/2020 for an outside processing times inquiry. I know it's not much, but it might be worth a try to submit an inquiry for the I-131. I'm at work now and don't have my receipt, but I'm going to try when I get home! 

They have now removed that line for those "based on adjusting I-485's" at the NBC. It only remains for "All other applications" which isn't us. What the heck is going on and I wonder why these outrageous changes to processing times this week are not in the news?? And they are clearly lying saying they are working on 2017 cases for I-765 as when I look back only as far as last September/October, almost all cases are cleared on I-765 and I-131 except those that have been incorrectly filed. Outrageous behaviour. 

I absolutely guarantee either the concept of I-765 will shortly be removed or they will start charging premium processing for I-765 (pay $1500 for 30 days processing or wait 3 years....). There is no other reason for these ridiculous processing time changes. 

Hey guys. Thanks for all your condolences and advice. 

I'll call them as soon as I get the death certificate. I assume I'll have to go the emergency AP route, especially if expedited processing still takes 3-4 weeks.

Since I went through this in April as well and somewhat know the process,  I'll also ask at the field office if they could capture my fingerprints. 

This was just the last thing I needed. But seriously, thank you all for your help and support here. 

1 hour ago, Basil123 said:

I'm sorry for your loss. You may request an emergency advance parole, instead of expedited service. (To the best of my knowledge) they will charge the processing fee, but it may take two days to get the advance parole. And, I'm not sure, but I heard even emergency advance parole needs biometric service as well, and if they accept your emergency advance parole request, you may take fingerprints for your AOS package at FO rather than ASO.

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

2 hours ago, mat2291 said:

In the same situation as you are. Only received 1 appointment post re-opening. My card has already been mailed as of yesterday. I will let you know if it’s a combo card which I’m hoping it is since my I-131 has already been approved.

Ooh interesting, yes please keep us updated! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Indie2020 said:

They have now removed that line for those "based on adjusting I-485's" at the NBC. It only remains for "All other applications" which isn't us. What the heck is going on and I wonder why these outrageous changes to processing times this week are not in the news?? And they are clearly lying saying they are working on 2017 cases for I-765 as when I look back only as far as last September/October, almost all cases are cleared on I-765 and I-131 except those that have been incorrectly filed. Outrageous behaviour. 

I absolutely guarantee either the concept of I-765 will shortly be removed or they will start charging premium processing for I-765 (pay $1500 for 30 days processing or wait 3 years....). There is no other reason for these ridiculous processing time changes. 

What do you mean they removed which line? And by it doesn't apply to us anymore? I'm a bit confused with all this sorry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Indie2020 said:

Here still shows that with 28.5 months to 37 months (which is BS) and says based on i-485 (c9 category) which I believe is us

8 hours ago, B3M said:

What do you mean they removed which line? And by it doesn't apply to us anymore? I'm a bit confused with all this sorry

Hey - refer to the post that I quoted. I-131 for "I-485 Adjustment of Status" has now been removed from USCIS Processing times at the NBC. That was us.

7 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Here still shows that with 28.5 months to 37 months (which is BS) and says based on i-485 (c9 category) which I believe is us

Correct. But refer to the post that I quoted which was for I-131 not I-485. . I-131 for "I-485 Adjustment of Status" has now been removed from USCIS Processing times at the NBC. That was us.

Edited by Indie2020
Spelling

13 minutes ago, Indie2020 said:

Hey - refer to the post that I quoted. I-131 for "I-485 Adjustment of Status" has now been removed from USCIS Processing times at the NBC. That was us.

Correct. But refer to the post that I quoted which was for I-131 not I-485. . I-131 for "I-485 Adjustment of Status" has now been removed from USCIS Processing times at the NBC. That was us.

I am hopeful it is just a website update :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Indie2020 said:

I think you got it wrong. For I-131, they’ve merged it all into one processing time regardless of whether it’s family based or employment based.

F903A27B-AE33-46D7-B072-7E8C83F382B5.jpeg

1 minute ago, mat2291 said:

I think you got it wrong. For I-131, they’ve merged it all into one processing time regardless of whether it’s family based or employment based.

F903A27B-AE33-46D7-B072-7E8C83F382B5.jpeg

No.

Today there is only one form type "All other applicants for advance parole"

Yesterday, there was a line above that " Applicants fo I-485 Adjustment of Status". They have now removed this line. Hopefully we are now included in "all others"....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.