Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, skjourney said:

yes, according to USCIS its the postmark that counts.

Id advise anyone sending today to get it sent express though, just to be safe.

I wanted to get it sent express the clerk advised not to waste the money as it will saturday and since I have it postmarked with todays date it should be fine and would deliver Monday night on priority mail. I don't think they attend to emails on saturday at uscis so I saw no reason paying for Express as far as it got postmarked in my presence and would be on it's way today.

im sure you`ll be fine as its postmarked. I just get nervous with a deadline like that and want the extra peace of mind.

11 minutes ago, Chr2746 said:

Even if uscis receive it after 24th ?

What to Know About Sending Us Your Form

The current edition of the Form I-485, dated 07/15/19 and 12/23/17:

• We will accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition of this form if it is postmarked before Feb. 24, 2020
  • We will not accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition if it is postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020, except those submitted by aliens/petitions with a physical address in Illinois

Filed: Other Timeline
28 minutes ago, skjourney said:

im sure you`ll be fine as its postmarked. I just get nervous with a deadline like that and want the extra peace of mind.

What to Know About Sending Us Your Form

The current edition of the Form I-485, dated 07/15/19 and 12/23/17:

• We will accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition of this form if it is postmarked before Feb. 24, 2020
  • We will not accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition if it is postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020, except those submitted by aliens/petitions with a physical address in Illinois

Thanks  ,well nobody like deadlines lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
On 2/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Even though it's been that long it's a good sign because it has not been denied. Did you go to the save sight and did it say returned to requesting agency?

Yes it did just a few days after we requested it. 

Submitted our online I-130 on Tuesday and received the NOA1 last night. Finally mailed the rest of the forms (I-485, I-131, I-765) via USPS today! I double-checked with the "post marked" definition as well and they made sure that it was good. 

The wait begins! I'm glad to hear from a lot of other people on the same boat!

56 minutes ago, Distantlove718 said:

Yes it did just a few days after we requested it. 

Then you are good to go!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 hours ago, Chr2746 said:

Hello guys,

We just sent our package off this morning 02/21/2020 with today's date as postmark . Usps says it should be there by  Monday 02/24/2020. Since its postmarked before 24th does is it safe and does it matter if they receive it after 24th as long as its postmarked before 24th ? I pray its accepted. 

They will go by the post mark!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

7 minutes ago, PimT said:

Submitted our online I-130 on Tuesday and received the NOA1 last night. Finally mailed the rest of the forms (I-485, I-131, I-765) via USPS today! I double-checked with the "post marked" definition as well and they made sure that it was good. 

The wait begins! I'm glad to hear from a lot of other people on the same boat!

You made it, very good!

Citizenship Complete!

Well I see we had a rash of mailings today and I suspect still more on Saturday. Very good for those that made it under the wire. Now sit back and read what chaos it'll be for people on the 24th at least until after everyone is up to speed on the new forms.

Citizenship Complete!

24 minutes ago, Nativequeen said:

Hi!

My husband and I will mail in his I-485, I-765, and I-131 today. What is the significance of mailing it in by the Feb 24, 2020 deadline?

Thanks!

Stricter criteria will be applied under the public charge rules and the forms will change. Please make sure you do mail out today.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

we are all set and will send our AOS packet today, should we pay extra for the rush shipping since it IS pushing it so close to the deadline.  thank you! 

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

Edited by INNSU09
Question already answered by back reading!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, Kamakiri said:

Hi All,

I sent my AOS.on Feb 1/Sat via FedEx and was delivered  on Feb 3/Mon @ 10:30am.

Hoping to receive the NOA from USCIS now. 

...........................................................................................................................................

☆ Update ☆

Received E-notifications from USCIS that my AOS, AP & EAD were received. 

☆ Update ☆

Received Biometric schedule notification letter today! 
it is scheduled in the beginning of March.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.