laylalex

The Beauty Thread

869 posts in this topic

I have often seen but never knew if it was any good. Thanks for the tip!

I can report that the Liquid Glass sealant really does last through multiple washes. I was unsure at first this would work, and didn't put my trust in it, so I repeated the treatment in full the next time I washed/conditioned. My hair felt a little heavy, especially after straightening. So I tried out doing it once a week, and I have just gone through wash three. It looks great! Fully committed to this... until I get bored and want to try something new. :lol: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Husband #1:  How has that mudpack beauty treatment been working out?

Husband #2:  The wife looked great for 6 days... and then the mud fell off.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 12/19/2020 at 11:23 PM, TBoneTX said:

Man #1:  How did your wife do with her new mudpack beauty treatment?

Man #2:  She looked great for 3 days... but then the mud fell off.

3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Husband #1:  How has that mudpack beauty treatment been working out?

Husband #2:  The wife looked great for 6 days... and then the mud fell off.

I appreciate that this wasn't a cut and paste jobbie, though. :P It also appears that recently, the mudpack is twice as effective as it was 3 months ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is frying my male brain.  Can feel eyes glazing over even while typing...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why Hailey Baldwin’s beauty brand will be called Rhode

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/04/why-hailey-baldwins-beauty-brand-will-be-called-rhode/?_ga=2.48486950.1697948997.1612488183-238516651.1580082959

Nothing detailed out yet but you can follow on Instagram to get the first news.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Well, she is very pretty and her skin is lovely. But she is also 24, which certainly helps! I think she's a little ridiculous, but then again, she is 24, that's kind of in the job description, and that must be amplified if (1) you're a Baldwin and (2) you're also a Bieber. 

Good for her.

16 hours ago, laylalex said:

Well, she is very pretty and her skin is lovely. But she is also 24, which certainly helps! I think she's a little ridiculous, but then again, she is 24, that's kind of in the job description, and that must be amplified if (1) you're a Baldwin and (2) you're also a Bieber. 

Good for her.

Omg yes. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a tube of one of my old standbys, which for whatever reason I abandoned last year, and now have no idea why I did: NARS tinted moisturizer. Wow! I look more glow-y and natural and the color match for me (Groenland) is perfect. I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask, I just even out the redness from my rosacea and look like me, but a bit better. 

@NikLR, I am still in love with that Huda Beauty palette. Not a single dud in there and even the sparkliest ones are surprisingly wearable. How are you finding it?

31 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I recently bought a tube of one of my old standbys, which for whatever reason I abandoned last year, and now have no idea why I did: NARS tinted moisturizer. Wow! I look more glow-y and natural and the color match for me (Groenland) is perfect. I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask, I just even out the redness from my rosacea and look like me, but a bit better. 

@NikLR, I am still in love with that Huda Beauty palette. Not a single dud in there and even the sparkliest ones are surprisingly wearable. How are you finding it?

Nars tinted moisturizer is myn favourite for daily use, Terre Neuve blends just right.

I need to get a new tube soon, I'll look if there's any offer from Nars, or elsewhere... 

1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

Nars tinted moisturizer is myn favourite for daily use, Terre Neuve blends just right.

I need to get a new tube soon, I'll look if there's any offer from Nars, or elsewhere... 

I seriously have no idea why I felt the need to wear full coverage for the second half of last year -- every day it was either Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Airbrush or Diorskin Forever Undercover. Now, these are excellent foundations but they cover everything. I think I got so fixated on my rosacea that I ended up overcompensating. The Terre Neuve is the lightest, right? 

This whole "side parts are for olds" thing has been irritating me all weekend: https://www.thecut.com/2021/02/gen-z-middle-part-tiktok.html There is ZERO way that I will give up my side part, nope nope nope. I look very weird and like I'm trying to make too much of a statement with a center part. 

I just looked up that Nars tinted moisturizer. Is it this one? It's so expensive! Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - NARS | Sephora 

But it's Nars so I'm sure it's great quality.

One of my side projects for my next US visit will be hunting for a US equivalent of this brand, for the same price or cheaper: Sunglow by Fresh Tinted Sunscreen (50ml) by Fresh Philippines | BeautyMnl 

Approx. USD 9 for a tube that lasts me two months with daily use. Recommended 100% if any of you ever visit the PH.

Love the SPF50 on that! 

And yes, that's the one. A little goes a long way, and the "NARS approved" (lol) technique for application is to use your fingers rather than a sponge, which I find is a great way to conserve product. It just melts in. 

I do have two very affordable BB creams that I like -- Garnier and L'Oreal. I think the Garnier is usually around $10-11 and the L'Oreal is usually $5-6. I am also super interested in the new foundation that the Ordinary has just come out with. Like everything they make -- and they make some of the best skincare/skinceuticals out there -- it is so cheap you feel like you're stealing it. I think you can get it for about $6! I have had mixed results with the Ordinary skincare, but that is down to my super-sensitive skin which flips out when I try something new. For the meantime I'm using boring old Laroche Posay cleanser and Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit wipes, which are the only things that don't make me break out for cleaning. I splurge with Charlotte Tilbury Light Magic Cream for daytime and her Magic Night Cream. I always want to try new serums but the dermatologist has banned me. :crying:

11 minutes ago, Adventine said:

One of my side projects for my next US visit will be hunting for a US equivalent of this brand, for the same price or cheaper: Sunglow by Fresh Tinted Sunscreen (50ml) by Fresh Philippines | BeautyMnl 

Approx. USD 9 for a tube that lasts me two months with daily use. Recommended 100% if any of you ever visit the PH.

Look what I found!  https://pnybeauty.com/products/sunglow-by-fresh-creme-tinted-sunscreen-fair-tint

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Fascinating though this is quick reminder 90 Day is on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Fascinating though this is quick reminder 90 Day is on.

It's only 6:50 here, and I am waiting until 8pm PST. But thank you for the reminder! Going to make dinner (quiche) first.