Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I applied July 9, after 3 hours become a U.S Citizen. Approved August 3, Passport book delivered August 5, Passport card delivered on August 9. Yesterday naturalization certificate arrived with first class mail wich in priority mail envelope. But certificate in wrinkled condition. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I applied Aug 23. No status available and the check has not been cashed yet. Paid for expedited processing. I don't know what to do. Anyone else with a similar experience?

3 hours ago, tu2008 said:

I applied Aug 23. No status available and the check has not been cashed yet. Paid for expedited processing. I don't know what to do. Anyone else with a similar experience?

Did you send it express or normal? (Was there an extra charge by Usps and a tracking number on your Usps receipt, and not just the extra payments to DoS? If not I’d say give it a day or two after the weekend to show up)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
44 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Did you send it express or normal? (Was there an extra charge by Usps and a tracking number on your Usps receipt, and not just the extra payments to DoS? If not I’d say give it a day or two after the weekend to show up)

They did not offer that option to me. There is no tracking number on the receipt. I paid for express return. Ok I will wait. Thank you!

Edited by tu2008

16 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

They did not offer that option to me. There is no tracking number on the receipt. I paid for express return. Ok I will wait. Thank you!

That was me experience, too. Though I applied on Aug 17 and it changed to “in process” on the 20th. Check cashed on the 23rd. Perhaps it’ll be a couple more business days for the status change to happen. 

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

Wife applied last Saturday, and it's in status with locator 34 - I'm trying to figure out what the 34 means.  Is there a list somewhere?  I'm sure it means a location, but does it affect wait times?  

11 hours ago, Turkishamerican said:

I applied July 9, after 3 hours become a U.S Citizen. Approved August 3, Passport book delivered August 5, Passport card delivered on August 9. Yesterday naturalization certificate arrived with first class mail wich in priority mail envelope. But certificate in wrinkled condition. 

expedite service?

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wife applied at the USPS office on July 20th, she chose Expedited Service (+$60). On July 24th she saw a status update on passportstatus.state.gov that said “we received your application..” She got her Passport Book on August 20th and the Passport Card on August 23rd. She is still waiting for her Certificate of Naturalization..

3 hours ago, feeling_hopeful said:

Wife applied last Saturday, and it's in status with locator 34 - I'm trying to figure out what the 34 means.  Is there a list somewhere?  I'm sure it means a location, but does it affect wait times?  

Mine is 34 and it indicates Charleston, South Carolina. No idea yet if some offices are quicker to process than others (someone can enlighten us on any patterns they may have noticed). There's a list somewhere in the thread but I don't recall which page it was on. But here it is and another one I found elsewhere:

passport office codes.jpeg

Screenshot_20210802-171041_Reddit.thumb.jpg.666292acb360d2ac8c96293d053e5b1a.jpg

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

1 hour ago, EternalForeigner said:

Mine is 34 and it indicates Charleston, South Carolina. No idea yet if some offices are quicker to process than others (someone can enlighten us on any patterns they may have noticed). There's a list somewhere in the thread but I don't recall which page it was on. But here it is and another one I found elsewhere:

Screenshot_20210802-171041_Reddit.thumb.jpg.666292acb360d2ac8c96293d053e5b1a.jpg

Thanks!  This helps a lot.  We are dying to get out of the city for a bit so I hope it comes soon. 

Filed: Other Timeline
21 hours ago, feeling_hopeful said:

Thanks!  This helps a lot.  We are dying to get out of the city for a bit so I hope it comes soon. 

23 hours ago, EternalForeigner said:

Chaleston is one of the "slower" processing centers. Just some heads up!

35 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Yea - what a bummer.  It's the very last step of a VERY long journey, so we are used to it now.  :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, aa1979 said:

Why do you say that? Took just over a month back in July for my application vía that office.

Edited by El Escocés

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.