666 posts in this topic

Sent: 3/7/20

Arrived: 3/10/20

Text received: 3/16/20

i797 NOA received: 3/17/20

National Benefits Center in Missouri (MSC)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/16/2020 at 6:50 PM, chrismar said:

We got a rejection notice today, reason: "The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form. Please resubmit your application/petition on the current version of this form with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this page."

I'm looking at form I-751 on the USCIS website and it is showing the exact same form I'd submitted:

OMB No. 1615-0038

Expires 12/31/2019

Am I missing something? According to the USCIS site, it says that I am allowed to submit the application using this form per these notes:

12/02/19. We will publish a new version of this form soon. In the meantime, you may file using the 12/02/19 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.

Anyone has thoughts on this? Should I resubmit using all of the same documents with a note basically telling them that the last notice was incorrect at the time of submission (and currently)?

This is really bizarre. A lot of people have noticed that they have not published anything later than the form on their website.

Has anyone else had this happen?

image.png.cca52c7b56c2ae9e10acaeef82ae37ea.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

On 3/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, Meno said:

hi everyone. I mailed my package out last wednesday (march 11th) and it was delivered on the 13th and picked up on the 14th. Hope I hear something back soon.

Credit card charged today (march 18th). Did not receive nay text or email even though I signed up for notification.

10 hours ago, Chicken7585 said:

This is really bizarre. A lot of people have noticed that they have not published anything later than the form on their website.

Has anyone else had this happen?

image.png.cca52c7b56c2ae9e10acaeef82ae37ea.png

I'm really concerned about this too :( Mine was delivered yesterday morning, no notice from USCIS yet. Really hoping it's not rejected, I used the same form.

💚

Conditional GC expires: 04/07/2020

ROC filed: 03/14/2020, delivered: 03/17/2020

Check cashed and text confirmation received: 03/24/2020, case at MSC (National Benefits Center)

NOA 1 18 month extension received: 03/27/2020

Biometrics notice: Pending

Interview notice: Pending

On 3/16/2020 at 10:28 PM, WhiteSteve&Mimo said:

03/13/2020 -  Package mailed via USPS

03/14/2020 - Package delivered

3/18/2020 - Text message with receipt number received . Goes to MSC - National Benefits Center. Will receive Form I-797 via mail.

Edited by WhiteSteve&Mimo

8 hours ago, Saphire80 said:

I'm really concerned about this too :( Mine was delivered yesterday morning, no notice from USCIS yet. Really hoping it's not rejected, I used the same form.

I also used this form when i mailed outl ast week and my package got accepted. My guess is that this singular person was maybe uninformed.

8 hours ago, Meno said:

Credit card charged today (march 18th). Did not receive nay text or email even though I signed up for notification.

Text and email received today. MSC assigned  for case.

Good to hear that despite the fact of closing offices they are still accepting cases. Did anyone call USCIS about the current situation, do they expect delays?

My wife's green card expires on the 27th of March. I've so far filed the I 751 two times. The first time it was sent back to me because of the check. They're not explicit in their communication but I gather that my check was for 685 and it was supposed to be for 680. I re sent it and the 2nd package has now been returned for being on an outdated I751 form.

Now USCIS is closed down but I'm going to do a third package and get that in the mail asap. As far as I can see, I still have to use the 12/31/19 I-751 form. 

29 minutes ago, chwolff11 said:

My wife's green card expires on the 27th of March. I've so far filed the I 751 two times. The first time it was sent back to me because of the check. They're not explicit in their communication but I gather that my check was for 685 and it was supposed to be for 680. I re sent it and the 2nd package has now been returned for being on an outdated I751 form.

Now USCIS is closed down but I'm going to do a third package and get that in the mail asap. As far as I can see, I still have to use the 12/31/19 I-751 form. 

I’m sorry to hear that. 12/31/19 is the only one that they have on their website, they haven’t updated it since. I completed the same one and it was accepted. It’s strange they are randomly rejecting these forms, I believe it happened to someone else on this forum. 

Once they receive your application, they usually process it within a couple of days. Sending prayers your way, third time lucky! 

On 3/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, Saphire80 said:

Me too!  There was nothing else, no other version, on their site. Mine was delivered this morning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.