666 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Creating this topic thread for all the March 2020 I-751 Removal of Conditions Filers

good luck GIF

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Filed: Other Timeline

For a moment I though I traveled in time

04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/31/2020 at 9:15 PM, chewy8892 said:

Hello, I noticed the I-751 form expired on 12/31/19.

I plan to file in the first week of March. Do I have to wait for a new form version to come out? Wasn't able to a new version as of 1/31/2020.

Always get the latest copy of form from here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

But you're right - I can currently see that the expiry is 12/31/2019. I think this form continues to be valid till a new one is produced.
image.png.c1a2d70d4ba4d3d0018be7c1f0e4ea86.png

Edited by Chicken7585

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

I am sitting in the same boat. March filer! We are going to file on March 14 or 16. 
And yes the Form is expired. If I remember that correct, there was another Form that was expired and we still had to use it. Why do they put a firm deadline on the Forms and don't update them before they expire? It gives me just a big headache.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Compiling documents. Plan to file around March11th. Is this sufficient? What do you think of the organization?

LIST OF EVIDENCE

EXHIBIT A: Copy of green card

Enlarged copy of front and back of green card

Copy of tear-off portion of original notice showing card number

EXHIBIT B: Evidence of Co-habitation

Current residence: xx/yy/zzzz-Current day - Copy of Joint deed and Copy of joint mortgage

Previous residence: Marriage-xx/yy/zzzz - Copy of Joint deed. No mortgage. US Citizen Spouse owned this residence since 19xx

EXHIBIT C Evidence of Co-mingling of finances

Copies of joint checking account statements, joint saving account statements, and joint utility bills provided quarterly since marriage to date

EXHIBIT D Evidence of Shared responsibility of liabilities

Copy of transcripts of IRS Federal Tax returns for tax year 2018 and 2019

Copy of credit card statements and transactions: Statements for March 2018 and Feb 2020 included. Full year transaction history for 2018 and 2019 showing payments and transactions by both, the petitioner and US citizen spouse

Copy of joint mortgage provided as part of Exhibit B

Copies of proof of joint home insurance and joint auto insurance

Copies of benefit elections for 2019 and 2020 showing joint health, dental and vision insurance, and beneficiary of life insurance provided by employer

EXHIBIT E: Evidence of Life Planning

Copy of advanced healthcare directives showing each other as the designated person making critical healthcare decisions (healthcare proxy)

Copy of wills showing each other as the beneficiary of the estate

EXHIBIT F: Evidence of Shared life

Copy of photos at vacations and occasions since marriage in 2018. 12-year relationship –evidence of pre-marriage relationship photos submitted with adjustment of status interview

Copy of joint airline ticket to vacation in xxx in September 2018

Edited by tu2008

On 2/25/2020 at 11:12 AM, Chicken7585 said:

Always get the latest copy of form from here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

But you're right - I can currently see that the expiry is 12/31/2019. I think this form continues to be valid till a new one is produced.
image.png.c1a2d70d4ba4d3d0018be7c1f0e4ea86.png

It is valid until they update it, as it says on the USCIS website:

image.png.87d075b0575e75d2a047336b4b402a51.png

When they update, they usually give a drop dead date on the old form.

Finally done.

Timeline
2 hours ago, tu2008 said:

Compiling documents. Plan to file around March11th. Is this sufficient? What do you think of the organization?

LIST OF EVIDENCE

EXHIBIT A: Copy of green card

Enlarged copy of front and back of green card

Copy of tear-off portion of original notice showing card number

EXHIBIT B: Evidence of Co-habitation

Current residence: xx/yy/zzzz-Current day - Copy of Joint deed and Copy of joint mortgage

Previous residence: Marriage-xx/yy/zzzz - Copy of Joint deed. No mortgage. US Citizen Spouse owned this residence since 19xx

EXHIBIT C Evidence of Co-mingling of finances

Copies of joint checking account statements, joint saving account statements, and joint utility bills provided quarterly since marriage to date

EXHIBIT D Evidence of Shared responsibility of liabilities

Copy of transcripts of IRS Federal Tax returns for tax year 2018 and 2019

Copy of credit card statements and transactions: Statements for March 2018 and Feb 2020 included. Full year transaction history for 2018 and 2019 showing payments and transactions by both, the petitioner and US citizen spouse

Copy of joint mortgage provided as part of Exhibit B

Copies of proof of joint home insurance and joint auto insurance

Copies of benefit elections for 2019 and 2020 showing joint health, dental and vision insurance, and beneficiary of life insurance provided by employer

EXHIBIT E: Evidence of Life Planning

Copy of advanced healthcare directives showing each other as the designated person making critical healthcare decisions (healthcare proxy)

Copy of wills showing each other as the beneficiary of the estate

EXHIBIT F: Evidence of Shared life

Copy of photos at vacations and occasions since marriage in 2018. 12-year relationship –evidence of pre-marriage relationship photos submitted with adjustment of status interview

Copy of joint airline ticket to vacation in xxx in September 2018

Hi tu2008 - where did you get this list from? I think it’s good! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Chicken7585 said:

Hi tu2008 - where did you get this list from? I think it’s good! 

I created it myself. Thank you for your feedback.

Timeline
1 hour ago, woolbott said:

Sent Packet to USCIS yesterday, should be delivered today... the waiting starts now!

Which Lockbox? Pheonix or Dallas? Please also let us know the first 3 letters of the receipt number once you get it. Thanks!

Timeline
4 hours ago, woolbott said:

Sent Packet to USCIS yesterday, should be delivered today... the waiting starts now!

Can you tell us what you included? 

Is everyone including a will and healthcare power of attorney? It's about $700 to get this done in my area. I'm wondering if there are cheaper alternatives.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chicken7585 said:

Can you tell us what you included? 

Is everyone including a will and healthcare power of attorney? It's about $700 to get this done in my area. I'm wondering if there are cheaper alternatives.

It depends on your state. Our state government website has standard forms that can be filled easily and then you just get it notarized. This is straight forward if the family situation is simple.

I am in dilemma. My packet is thick enough that it won't fit in the letter size flat rate  envelope of USPS. I may have put in a box which is just too big. I wanted to check if the padded envelope would work but the post office near me didn't have any.

Any other ideas?

Edited by tu2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.