666 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ROC packet sent 3/19/20

Arrived at P.O. Box 03/20/20 10:31am or 2:28pm or 4:41pm according to USPS tracking

Picked up and signed for 03/23/20 

Credit card charged USCIS Dallas Lockbox 03/26/20

A sigh of relief breathed. Now I wait for my NOA.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Sent I751 package 3/24 USPS

Wasn't able to put a note about the expired form

Package received 3/26

Fingers crossed package doesn't get rejected because of the form. This forum is making me nervous.

Edited by rmv_condi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

GC expires 04/05/20

ROC packet shipped 3/16 to Dallas

Received 3/17

Forgot to send form g-1145 ,so i called USCIS 3/20 and they had no updates whatsoever (started to feel the rush).

Called them again 3/23, agent said the packet was received and i-797 should be on it's way same day.

I-797 received by mail on 3/27/2020  MSC

I told them about several rejections due to "expired forms" and they said they've been hearing about them and that we shouldn't worry about it.

I-751 with abuse waiver sent on March 12

received by USCIS Dallas March 20th

credit Card charged on March 24th

March 25th I get SMS with my case number SRC letters.

No rejection for expired form.

Update: I will get the NOA today in the mail (informed delivery) Sat March 28th now the long wait begins.

Timeline
On 3/3/2020 at 3:23 PM, tu2008 said:

It depends on your state. Our state government website has standard forms that can be filled easily and then you just get it notarized. This is straight forward if the family situation is simple.

I am in dilemma. My packet is thick enough that it won't fit in the letter size flat rate  envelope of USPS. I may have put in a box which is just too big. I wanted to check if the padded envelope would work but the post office near me didn't have any.

Any other ideas?

I filed in Maryland. I still haven’t written a will yet and I didn’t include anything for health other than a copy of my insurance card showing my husband as a ‘dependent’ (I mean also on my insurance). Filed on 3/10. Received NOA on 3/19. No RFE this time 🙂 

We submitted regular stuff. Everything you are required to, plus photos from the wedding to now, named all friends and family featured on every pic and dated them. There’s been lots of shared family events and trips back to England so that was pretty easy. One ticket of our Anniversary Cruise last year. 3 signed affidavits from friends saying the marriage was legitimate and we see them regularly etc. All from people my husband has known for years (including the man who married us, and the lady who baked our wedding cake :-)) 

We rented our previous 3 residences but we bought our house in March last year so Included all the joint deeds and paperwork. Didn’t include any previous rental agreements. We have lots of joint financial things including bank account and car loan so we included all that paperwork. 

visajourney estimate of completion date recently moved closer, to May 8 2021. Original estimate was June 29. I will apply for N-400 in January, as I will be able to apply from 12/27. So I’ll have both on the go at once. That seems to be pretty normal. 

I also know the USCIS in MD is moving to Branch Avenue which just happens to be 10 minute drive from our house. Way better than Baltimore. Can’t wait for that 🙂 

How’s everyone else doing?

Timeline
On 3/26/2020 at 4:58 PM, rmv_condi said:

Sent I751 package 3/24 USPS

Wasn't able to put a note about the expired form

Package received 3/26

Fingers crossed package doesn't get rejected because of the form. This forum is making me nervous.

I confess I didn’t even notice the form had expired (or even if it has). I just used the one from their website and I got my NOA 8 days after we sent everything off. No issues 🙂 

Hey guys, how is everyone doing? Unfortunately the last 3 days I've hospitalized due to strong symptoms of the covid 19. Got tested and still waiting on the results but I feel great today. They sure took great care of me in the hospital...

Kudos to the nurses! I'm going home today. I was hoping that USCIS didn't send my package back for filing too early. 

My timeline I-751 removal of condition 

Mail date March 20th

Delivery date March 23rd

Informed delivery with letter from NBC 3/30

1 hour ago, Clemsontigersfan said:

Hey guys, how is everyone doing? Unfortunately the last 3 days I've hospitalized due to strong symptoms of the covid 19. Got tested and still waiting on the results but I feel great today. They sure took great care of me in the hospital...

Kudos to the nurses! I'm going home today. I was hoping that USCIS didn't send my package back for filing too early. 

My timeline I-751 removal of condition 

Mail date March 20th

Delivery date March 23rd

Informed delivery with letter from NBC 3/30

if you got a letter in the mail from NBC it means your package was not rejected.

Timeline

ROC packet sent 3/19/20

Arrived at P.O. Box 03/20/20 10:31am or 2:28pm or 4:41pm according to USPS tracking

Picked up and signed for 03/23/20 

Credit card charged USCIS Dallas Lockbox 03/26/20

I-797 Received 03/30/20 YSC case number 

So now begins the long wait. I'm not overly concerned about the lengthy processing times I just wanted to know I had my extension letter in hand.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, Phoenix777 said:

Which service center please? Let’s hope that they will be open already...next 10 days will clear things up 

It’s NBC service center my case is going through. Have an MSC number.

My biometrics will need to be rebooked because it’s on 4/3 and website says they won’t be open until at least 4/7 now 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.